Best place to buy replacement laptop batteries?

If you want guaranteed quality, go directly through the manufacturer. Just expect to pay a premium.

There are a lot of knockoff batteries sold on ebay that are still quality and much cheaper. Just be careful and try googling the item number. I know some friends who have bought good batteries on ebay, but I have also heard of people getting trash.

I always use battdepot.com (.ca for me). They usually ship same day and I get the battery next day from BC to Ontario.

Their US depot is in WA.

Their prices are pretty in line with what you would be paying off ebay.

The battery is not being detected sounds more like a power circuitry issue than a battery issue itself. Do you have another model of that laptop and plug in the battery to check it out?

I'm interested too, although I live in Australia leaving limited choice.

When you say Chinese knockoffs are they the ones listed as "genuine" or just the generic ones?

Because I've seen some batteries on eBay listed as genuine but I dunno.

I always use battdepot.com (.ca for me). They usually ship same day and I get the battery next day from BC to Ontario.

Their US depot is in WA.

Their prices are pretty in line with what you would be paying off ebay.

Wow geez... a replacement battery (which I really need soon in time for school, both my XPS M1210's batteries are toast) costs $159.99 US on Dell's site, whereas it's not even offered for their Canadian site. :hmmm: And it's only $64.99 CAD on this site.

Thanks for sharing that site. (Y)

That's .au so I probably won't use it.

Wow geez... a replacement battery (which I really need soon in time for school, both my XPS M1210's batteries are toast) costs $159.99 US on Dell's site, whereas it's not even offered for their Canadian site. :hmmm: And it's only $64.99 CAD on this site.

Thanks for sharing that site. (Y)

I couldn't find the site on BBB.org but it gets pretty mixed reviews when searching Google. Haven't decided if I will go with that site, need to talk to my father as it will be his money as his laptop. :p

if you know enough about electronics and know how to solder i would open it up and test all the cells. (i would :) )

if all of the cells measure correctly, might as well take them out and use them for something else.

if your just going to throw it out, ill take it :p

Damn, that BattDepot site almost seems too good to be true. For the 13.3 inch MacBook (white):

BattDepot.ca: $68.99

Apple.ca: $159.00

If I wasn't thinking of replacing my laptop, I would be all over this. Thanks for sharing, Jesse. It's in my bookmarks now.