Razer Megalodon Sound Cuts Out?

btw... with that USB-hub.. that worked not sufficient for me.. so I plugged it in my mobo.. and geuss what :s problem solved. at least for now!! cant get the point really.. will let you know if its cutting the sound off too

Just a word on the firmware update. I've had the same problems of the headset cutting out after 15-20 minutes on average, although sometimes it trys to fool me by working for a couple of hours (wow). When I purchased them I was running Vista 64bit on an Asus P5E3 Premium board, which has just been upgraded to Windows 7 (64bit). The same issues still occur, and I too would unplug a replug the device in, put it on a port where it was the only usb device etc etc, basicially all the things you guys have done all, as well as getting the same response from the guys at razer.

My main point is that I too have installed the firmware update for 64 bit, and for me the problem still persists. Upto last night when playing "Modern Warfare 2" - on which my friends and I are getting lag on the multiplayer and special ops 2 player modes - the headset still cut out. I have asked for a replacement as this now seems to me to be a product design fault, maybe due to an early defective batch, who knows. This has not been satisfactorily fixed for me, I hope it has worked for some of you guys though.

What are your experiences since the firmware update?

Just a word on the firmware update. I've had the same problems of the headset cutting out after 15-20 minutes on average, although sometimes it trys to fool me by working for a couple of hours (wow). When I purchased them I was running Vista 64bit on an Asus P5E3 Premium board, which has just been upgraded to Windows 7 (64bit). The same issues still occur, and I too would unplug a replug the device in, put it on a port where it was the only usb device etc etc, basicially all the things you guys have done all, as well as getting the same response from the guys at razer.

My main point is that I too have installed the firmware update for 64 bit, and for me the problem still persists. Upto last night when playing "Modern Warfare 2" - on which my friends and I are getting lag on the multiplayer and special ops 2 player modes - the headset still cut out. I have asked for a replacement as this now seems to me to be a product design fault, maybe due to an early defective batch, who knows. This has not been satisfactorily fixed for me, I hope it has worked for some of you guys though.

What are your experiences since the firmware update?

Mic got worse (can be tweaked back to good result, see my other posts). But most of all the issue has not been solved with the Firmware update. Sound is still cutting of after firmware update.

So did the replacement fix the issue? because if so i wouldnt bother "updating" the firmare. mic quality is definately shot. i get this weird alien echo which can SOMETIMES be fixed by turing on/off 'let other apps take control'

im requesting a replacement.

So did the replacement fix the issue? because if so i wouldnt bother "updating" the firmare. mic quality is definately shot. i get this weird alien echo which can SOMETIMES be fixed by turing on/off 'let other apps take control'

im requesting a replacement.

Don't, it's not worth it. My replacement still cut-out, even with the new firmware. I'd push for them to send you the Carcharias so you can at least play for now. BTW - ryan - I have an Asus P5E3, not sure if that has anything to do with it but it's an interesting coincidence.

Hah, this is what I got from razer about a replacement.

Hello,

Your issue is being worked on by our engineers. We are anxious to get this issue resolved for you as well.

If only I didn't get like 10 reps after all my emails, maybe one would have been nice to give me a free headset. lol

BTW - ryan - I have an Asus P5E3, not sure if that has anything to do with it but it's an interesting coincidence.

I'm having similar issues and I am also using an Asus P5E3. I'm on the win7 x64 release client still. Would the mobo coincidence be causing this?

I'm having similar issues and I am also using an Asus P5E3. I'm on the win7 x64 release client still. Would the mobo coincidence be causing this?

I doubt it, I have an EVGA x58 LE.

Unfortunately no. You're going to have to wait for the next firmware update. Refer to Mystik's post on page 3-4 on how to reduce the static and such to fix the distortion.

Yeah. The mic is REALLY bad.

I also have the megalodon headphones and am having these problems. I tried a powered usb hub and the sound still cuts out. Im glad to see they are working on it still. If anybody gets an email about a fix let us know. thanks

like I told you guys before.... :p

I also have an powered USB hub and that DOESNT work :p...

but if I plug it in my mobo.. it will work for 2/3 hours.

and some other people does the trick with a powered USB hub..

so some different results. it can't be the solution!

Blah, even when you turn on the computer for the day I get no sound. And its back to crashing when I just use windows media player again. And my brother just broke the headset I gave him that works really well >:(

fml

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey guys, just found this forum and i have problem with my megalodon :(

its not that the sound will cut out, but when i switch it to 7.1 mode the sound seems to be 'blurry' and unclear, without its surrounding effect. when i switch it back to 2.1 mode the music and sounds sound crystal clear.

I did set my games to 5.1 or 7.1 output, so idk whats wrong.

Megalodon has its own sound card, so does that mean it will totally ignore my original sound card?

• 4 weeks later...

Same here - just got my Megalodon review unit from Razer a couple of days ago. Already updated the firmware+driver, my friends still telling me of the noisy mic; Will try putting the level to 1-3 (sens + level) as suggested a few replies before this tonight

• 2 weeks later...

Same here - just got my Megalodon review unit from Razer a couple of days ago. Already updated the firmware+driver, my friends still telling me of the noisy mic; Will try putting the level to 1-3 (sens + level) as suggested a few replies before this tonight

I just updated the firmware, so far so good. I haven't had any audio cutouts or reduced quality (Been playing Bad Company 2 with it)

So far the mics are still noisy and or not of purest quality, as recommended just put the level and sensitivity at around 1-2. So far no complaints on vent or teamspeak.

It took almost a year, but finally...

• 2 weeks later...