USB driver - The required line was not found in the INF

There's an audio recording device I use, called Cenix Digital Voice Recorder. The installation CD has the setup, which installs Power Voice II onto the computer; there's also a folder called "Driver" which contains two files: CenixFMC.inf (3KB) and CenixFMC.sys (19KB).

I have used this device earlier and it has worked. At present, when I try to install it, the Power Voice software easily installs, then when I connect the audio recorder by way of USB, XP gives the messages of found new hardware and the driver installation starts, but then the computer stops responding at the point where it shows files being copied between two folders. I've tried allowing it to automatically install the driver, I've tried pointing out the folder manually from the hard disk where I have copied it and the CD, and I've tried allowing it to connect to the net to find a driver, but nothing works. Each time, the computer stops responding and I have press the reset button.

When I tried to install it in Vista, the computer did not stop responding, but it gave a message that the required software could not be installed, and the reason it gave was "The required line was not found in the INF".

I've tried searching the net for drivers, but what I did found was the same stuff that I've got. I ran a CRC check for the drivers I have on my hard disk with the ones I downloaded, and they are the same.

There's another such post at a Vista64 forum, but there is no answer there:

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/155642-hel...where-turn.html

In any case, both my OSes are 32 bit.

This is the text of the .inf file, if it is needed here:

;

; © Copyright 2002 Cenix Digicom Inc.

;

;

[Version]

Signature="$CHICAGO$"

Class=CenixDigicom

ClassGUID={C772169A-9C78-4022-B77A-E779E8718578}

provider=%CDI%

;CatalogFile=CenixFMC.cat

DriverVer=06/20/2002,1.02

;------------------------------------------

[ClassInstall32]

AddReg=CenixDigicom.AddClassReg

[CenixDigicom.AddClassReg]

HKR,,,,%CenixDigicom.ClassName%

[Manufacturer]

%ManufacturerName%=UsbDeviceList

[usbDeviceList]

%USB\VID_0E56&PID_6008.DeviceDesc%=CENIXFMC.Dev,USB\VID_0E56&PID_6008

%USB\VID_0E56&PID_6009.DeviceDesc%=CENIXFMC.Dev,USB\VID_0E56&PID_6009

[ControlFlags]

ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_0E56&PID_6008

ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_0E56&PID_6009

[DestinationDirs]

DefaultDestDir=10,System32\Drivers

CENIXFMC.Files.Ext=10,System32\Drivers

CENIXFMC.Files.Inf=10,INF

[CENIXFMC.Dev]

CopyFiles=CENIXFMC.Files.Ext, CENIXFMC.Files.Inf

AddReg=CENIXFMC.AddReg

[CENIXFMC.Dev.NT]

CopyFiles=CENIXFMC.Files.Ext, CENIXFMC.Files.Inf

AddReg=CENIXFMC.AddReg

[CENIXFMC.Dev.NT.Services]

Addservice = CENIXFMC, 0x00000002, CENIXFMC.AddService

[CENIXFMC.AddService]

DisplayName = %CENIXFMC.SvcDesc%

ServiceType = 1 ; SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER

StartType = 3 ; SERVICE_DEMAND_START

ErrorControl = 1 ; SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL

ServiceBinary = %10%\System32\Drivers\CENIXFMC.sys

LoadOrderGroup = Base

[CENIXFMC.AddReg]

HKR,,DevLoader,,*ntkern

HKR,,NTMPDriver,,CENIXFMC.sys

[CENIXFMC.Files.Ext]

CENIXFMC.sys

[CENIXFMC.Files.Inf]

[sourceDisksNames]

;1=%InstallDisk%,,,

[sourceDisksFiles]

CENIXFMC.sys = 1

;CENIXFMC.inf = 1

;---------------------------------------------------------------;

[strings]

CDI="Cenix Digicom Inc."

InstallDisk="Cenix Voice Recorder Installation Disk"

ManufacturerName="Cenix Digicom Inc."

CenixDigicom.ClassName="Cenix Digicom"

USB\VID_0E56&PID_6008.DeviceDesc="Cenix Digicom Digital Voice Recorder"

USB\VID_0E56&PID_6009.DeviceDesc="Cenix Digicom Digital Voice Recorder"

CENIXFMC.SvcDesc="Cenix Digicom Digital Voice Recorder Service"

Anything to solve this prob?

The Device Manager shows these entries under Universal Serial Bus Controllers:

Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller

Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller

Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller

USB Root Hub

USB ROot Hub

USB Root Hub

When installing the drivers for Cenix, a separate section opens up for it (not in the Universal Serial Bus Controllers) with the exclamation mark, and when the thing finishes, that section vanishes.

Thanks.

Tried it, but it didn't work. In XP, nothing happens; I thought maybe it silently installed, but when I rebooted, there was nothing. In Vista, when I right-click and try to install, it gives the message that it can't be installed in this way.

Isn't there anything like a disk explorer for USB devices, so that it will just scan and show the files and then the files can be copied?

Its not a branded one; its P4 3.0 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, MB DG102GGC2 with onboard ATI Radeon eating 256 MBs of the RAM.

At present it is way more updated than it was some months back, when I used this device and it worked without any problem.

Sorry, its D102GGC2. Just a typo.

On this page, it shows the latest BIOS version as GC11020M.86A :

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/...b/CS-010639.htm

I used Faronics System Profiler, and in the BIOS section, its says:

SMBIOSBIOSVersion : GC11020M.86A.1087.2007.0130.1451

The link you gave, of the pdf file, shows this same number as the latest one, so my BIOS is up to date, but some kind of USB capability has got disabled. What should I do about it?

Thanks for the replies.

Tried Drive Cleanup, it removed 5 USB devices, 1 disk drive, 1 storage volume, and 7 registry key. Then I tried re-installing the driver, and again the computer stopped responding :(

Is it the USB OHCI/EHCI thing that is the culprit? Is there any way around it?

There's an audio recording device I use, called Cenix Digital Voice Recorder.

; ? Copyright 2002 Cenix Digicom Inc.

Only thing I can think of is its not compatible with your version of Windows (including Service Pack)

You may need to go to the Home site to see if there are any drivers updates or patches available

I haven't done this myself, as it may be best for you to check this whilst having all the hardware (and CD) and info (including model number and s/n) available

There may even be a forum

I have found a temporary solution. Since you mentioned the motherboad, I tried the device on my older computer, an Intel D845HV, Pentium 3, 256 MB RAM. The thing worked smooth as anything, and I could get the data out. But I have to get it working on this newer one.

@ kimsland

You have been a great help. Thanks a ton!

Edited by HydraHeaded

I've already tried that link that you've given, it didn't work.

Anyway, I found a solution. I have been trying to contact the guy from whom I bought this device, and finally he sent me an attachment by email, and when I installed it, the device has started working, on the new computer. I tried uploading the .exe, and then a zipped .rar here on the forum as an attachment, but it won't allow me to do it (maybe these extensions are not allowed?).

The attachment he sent was usb2em_0.9.exe (712 KB). I searched for it on the net, there's something here:

http://www.ts-market.com/products/?action=...8&prodId=11

These seem to be simply drivers, right?

Thanks a lot, kimsland, for taking such an active interest! :)

• 1 year later...

I've already tried that link that you've given, it didn't work.

Anyway, I found a solution. I have been trying to contact the guy from whom I bought this device, and finally he sent me an attachment by email, and when I installed it, the device has started working, on the new computer. I tried uploading the .exe, and then a zipped .rar here on the forum as an attachment, but it won't allow me to do it (maybe these extensions are not allowed?).

The attachment he sent was usb2em_0.9.exe (712 KB). I searched for it on the net, there's something here:

http://www.ts-market.com/products/?action=showProd&grpId=78&prodId=11

These seem to be simply drivers, right?

Thanks a lot, kimsland, for taking such an active interest! :)

I am now facing the same problem as HydraHeaded, with my Cenix Voice Recorder.

I tried the link posted by HydraHeaded (in the quoted post above), but it seems the usb2em_0.9.exe (712 KB) driver is no longer there. (Now it seems they require you to have bought an Edic product from them and have a valid serial number, in order to download their drivers.)

Does anyone here have the usb2em_0.9.exe (712 KB) driver? Or know where I can download it? If so, I'd appreciate it if you could reply below with a download link.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...