What do you absolutely hate about beloved Windows 7?

Sorry if I posted in the wrong section. The description said "Request help & support or discuss issues with 7."

It's not OSX!

I haven't tried it yet, and probably won't until I'm forced to at school. I'm just hoping it's better then Vista, and puts MS back closer to what XP was, speed wise.

the extra services, why does disabling the power service disable windows audio?

useless things like the show desktop button on the end of the taskbar

the action center

control panel layout, why can't you resize the icons like normal folders?

lack of auto arrange option

annoying navigation pane pops up in explorer windows, even when you turn it off.

no aspect ratio control in wmp12, so that's uninstalled...

liked ie7 better than ie8, so that's gone too.

keep finding bits of software that don't work anymore, ati tray tools, dosshell

more useless tasks in task scheduler

ffs microsoft stop adding bloat to windows.

I absolutely hate Windows Explorer in 7.

The navigation pane is a complete mess.

Why isn't there a toolbar button to toggle it like in XP?

Folders don't automatically collapse, so it requires too much scrolling and with so many folders expanded, it's confusing.

I don't like the details pane, it takes up too much space. I prefer the status bar, except the status bar doesn't show file size anymore, making it pretty much useless.

Details pane doesn't automatically show file size if you select more than 15 files. You have to click "Show More Details".

Why doesn't it show anything in the titlebar? I have to run a program called AeroBar just to get this.

Explorer needs tabs, especially with the new taskbar. Jumping between folders when they're all grouped together into one icon is very annoying.

Why can't you disable thumbnails for specific file types / folders? You can only disable thumbnails completely, which is not what I want. I'd like to disable folder thumbnails because when I open my music folder, it starts to tear up the hard drive loading all the album art. The only way to stop this is to disable thumbnails entirely.

That they removed Windows Photo Gallery and Calendar. I know people can download the Live versions, but few people are going to do that and htey're going to miss out on this awesome program.

And someone needs to finish up the GUI on Windows Photo Viewer, what the heck is up with those buttons ?_?

And that browsing through explorer is somewhat noticeably slower than XP =/

And they could have better animated the start menu. A spawning animation woulda been nice when you open it, and the fade effect when pressing all programs is in no way smooth.

The fact that even if you're admin you don't have complete control of the system. This was the same in vista and something I hoped they would have fixed.

So you would rather give Malware and viruses complete control over your system, just like XP!!!!

That they removed Windows Photo Gallery and Calendar. I know people can download the Live versions, but few people are going to do that and htey're going to miss out on this awesome program.

+1 for throwing out Calendar, Live Mail can't even import iCal files and i don't want my calendar integrated with tons of mail features i never use.

I am missing the sidebar feature. Rest everything is fine for me at least. I am happy with Windows 7.

The performance and bugs issues I leave it on Microsoft. Don't care much about them. They'll gradually get solved over the period or may be in their next OS Release :p.

The fact that even if you're admin you don't have complete control of the system. This was the same in vista and something I hoped they would have fixed.

Um, it was broken in XP and was fixed in Vista. I like having more control over whether the apps I run have full system access or not.

I am missing the sidebar feature. Rest everything is fine for me at least. I am happy with Windows 7.

The performance and bugs issues I leave it on Microsoft. Don't care much about them. They'll gradually get solved over the period or may be in their next OS Release :p .

I would have preferred the option to turn the gadget 'tray' on and off myself, but I don't mind so much since the gadgets can snap to a grid still.