Star Trek Online (Free-to-play)

official mmo star trek cryptic pc

• Please log in to reply
356 replies to this topic

#316 Jme621

Jme621

Ungroupable

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:38

Got one from hiahb, need one more if anyone has one, thanks.

still looking for one more 5'r if anyone has one to offer. thanks.

#317 QuantumTrickery

QuantumTrickery

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 February 2010 - 20:27

For anyone that hasn't heard yet, they now have an offer where the game is $10 off and is coming with 90 days of gameplay. There are a large number of players who are very ticked off over this. Especially not even a month after release.

#318 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 01 March 2010 - 00:15

Its because the game was rushed like hell, and doesn't have near the users they were hoping for.

#319 Pablo2008jedi

Pablo2008jedi

Old Gamer

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:44

Yip too rushed, maybe in a few months I'll try it out again unless it becomes F2P its not worth a monthly sub right now.

#320 QuantumTrickery

QuantumTrickery

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 March 2010 - 22:07

So, looks like Atari/Cryptic have decided to play nasty concerning the game now. The have pulled the 60 extra days time link off their main page, and are now claiming it was never being offered. They have started deleting threads in the forums, including the 300+ page one about this very issue. People who also had lifetime subscriptions, were told that they could cancel them during the 30 day grace period of their free month, are now being told they aren't allowed to. What a bunch of scumbags. Last time I buy anything from these guys.

#321 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

• Phone: Driod Razr

Posted 01 March 2010 - 22:37

So, looks like Atari/Cryptic have decided to play nasty concerning the game now. The have pulled the 60 extra days time link off their main page, and are now claiming it was never being offered. They have started deleting threads in the forums, including the 300+ page one about this very issue. People who also had lifetime subscriptions, were told that they could cancel them during the 30 day grace period of their free month, are now being told they aren't allowed to. What a bunch of scumbags. Last time I buy anything from these guys.

Why did it turn out like this? Christ... I guess I'm back on EVE till this game stops being an epic disappointment.

#322 Pablo2008jedi

Pablo2008jedi

Old Gamer

Posted 02 March 2010 - 13:46

Why did it turn out like this? Christ...

Because the game was rushed and disappointed a lot of people, including me. Great IP, terrible game.

#323 Obi Wong

Obi Wong

Neowin Dai Lo

Posted 02 March 2010 - 14:53

Why did it turn out like this? Christ... I guess I'm back on EVE till this game stops being an epic disappointment.

o/
Eve is awesomesauce
Tyrannis soon =D
http://www.eveonline...?a=blog&bid=733

#324 Sky Black

Sky Black

>.<

Posted 21 March 2010 - 00:23

"Khitomer Accord will explain why the borg were so weak in the tutorial (also created by Cryptic_Gozer) and hidden in the Khitomer Accord mission (not an objective) will be a way to obtain a borg bridge officer (with robotic uniform and not an engineer)."

W00t an addtional Borg Boff! Whilst I've the amazon pre-order I look forward to the non-engie variant =]

#325 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 17 May 2010 - 20:46

So how many of you guys are still playing? I haven't bought it yet due to be intense hatred of MMO games; however, I figured I'd give it a try since it's Star Trek. The demo gave me that opportunity.

You can check it out here: http://startrekonline.com/demo

It comes in at a whopping 8+ GB.

#326 Minifig

Minifig

Kun Det Bedste Er Godt Nok!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 22:54

Anyone know if you have a lifetime sub to champions online if you get a lifetime sub to star trek online as well?

If not, they should seriously consider doing it..

#327 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:26

Apparently, you need a Champions Online account to play the Star Trek Online. That's something they fail to mention on the demo page. What a waste of bandwidth. :/

#328 andy2004

andy2004

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:31

if you havnt bought the game yet then dont. They are nerfing everything in an upcoming patch it seems the whole team at cryptic are intent on ruining the game. Id recommend staying well away from STO now as the game is as good as dead when they release their version of NGE at the end of this month.

#329 Minifig

Minifig

Kun Det Bedste Er Godt Nok!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:53

Apparently, you need a Champions Online account to play the Star Trek Online. That's something they fail to mention on the demo page. What a waste of bandwidth. :/

If I have a lifetime subscription to Champions Online .. can I play Star Trek Online?

#330 soldier1st

soldier1st

Software Tester/Tech/Linux Lover

• Phone: HTC Incredible S

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:04

these stupid companies are screwing users over and over and they blame the users how lame. they need to get a life and move on.