Been thinking of pre ordering this, although the videos of the ground based fighting / combat look pretty bad tbh...

Is there any advantage over which place you pre order the game from? I see that you get different things depending on where you buy it, don't know which is best.

I think until you get in the game and can see them all for there then based on the screenshots they dont always capture the best look. Also remember every ship is customisable so u can take away some of the parts u don't like.

I think until you get in the game and can see them all for there then based on the screenshots they dont always capture the best look. Also remember every ship is customisable so u can take away some of the parts u don't like.

sweet, did not know that.

I've watched pritty much all videos, even the unofficial ones. I think the graphics look good. They may not be brilliant, but neither is WOW and look at how many play that :)

The MMO genre has to appeal to as many people as possible, not everyone has the most up to date PC's .. in fact mine is about 4 years old :p and I still plan on playing STO for a long time :D

7 days till Open Beta, and I've just got 7 days free of WoW to kill the time :)

No one can discuss their findings with the game and the current beta? Still on the fence with this game.

Maybe it's so bad, words cannot describe the badness of it? damn those NDA's!! :p

NDA is still in effect until Saturday when the Open Beta begins. But we are playing again today for stress test purposes. So should be fun tonight I am going to try and get one more level of Ensign.

Got my Open Beta Key today. Just wish there was an "official" client download .

Got the one from FilePlanet but there's a 2.4Gb patch for that that I can't get :(

Yeah sorry, Our closed beta is today.

Congratulations Lieutenant!

Welcome to the last closed beta state of the game you will ever read!

We are so looking forward to the build this weekend, because this is our last play test before Open Beta begins on Tuesday, January 12 (10:00 a.m. Pacific, if you're being picky).

Of course, there will be changes made to Star Trek Online before and during Open Beta, so we really need as much info from you as possible. The more info we have, the better we can finalize these changes. (And yes, we?ve modified the grade-up FX so audio doesn?t play for everyone in the same zone as you! Win!)