from what i heard, part of the contract/deal for them to even get the Permission was to have it done by certian time regardless of its condition, so they have a contractual obligation to have it out by begining of Feb. thats the fault of NBC or whoever owns the Star Trek IP.

but i do think there are ALOT that needs fixed before if not a week after it goes live.

Champions online in space.

Cryptic just wants to cash in on the Star Trek fan base it seems. I really hope this is the game that sends cryptic under. The only thing they have ever been good for is their character creation systems.

Did you check the sites on the "I need a beta key" link on the official page I linked a few posts up ?

Yes, I did - thanks. The beta keys are pretty much gone or reserved for premium subscribers (on the respective sites).

The more they patch the more I want to play and progress. This game is really awesome despite some of the minimal immersion factors.

What was yesterdays patch about? I didn't see anything released under the release notes or beta section. Was it to just fix us falling through space as people instead of our ships? That happened to me a few times leaving Earth spacedock

Well, my feeling after playing Open Beta is.....

"Its a good game, but will it last?"

While I've been enjoying playing over OB, the game is fun. Its enjoyable..for about 1-3 hours per session, dependent on the missions you get. PvP is lacking FvK as Fed your over-powered, as Kling your slaughtered. KvK is OK as its evenly matched. Also dependent on who's in your group, unfortunately not managed to play with my RL mates as we wher eeither not online at the same time or different ranks.

As I posted on STO forums, it is fun to play but lacks immersion. I don't have the urge to play in long sessions, like 4+ hours. Since OB started I've got to ranks Lt. Cmdr 4 if the game had a better lasting appeal I could easily past. I'm keeping my pre-order and will see how the first month goes, but whether I sub up is a different matter. I know Cryptic have a deadline for a large content update 45days after launch (according to some interviews) SO maybe sticking around to see that will make up my mind whether to play long-term.

I'm not big on the ground combat, but for any Star Trek fan the space combat rocks, especially when you get a bigger ship. :)

I got my pre-order ready!

I have to say that i quite like this game, even went life time...

As for end of beta events, the Borg invasion was amazing. I have never had that much fun getting pwned again and again.

I fondly look forward to see what the future holds for this game.

Yeah, its looking really promising now. Yes we are waiting on more content, exploration is still iffy, but loving the space battles..

The only real problem I have now is deciding on class and ship :D, roll on 10am PST (6pm GMT)!

Anyone know if a trial is coming to the game ever? Didn't get to beta it and most MMO's give out a trial a few months after it's released. I hope this game will do it as well and not give us the short end of the stick like Aion (Buy it or nothing).

Also, how fun is it compared to other p2p games? As a paid-to-play game I hope its depth is as good as other p2p games such as FFXI. I know it's a subjective question but I'd like to know not from just a Star Trek fan's PoV, but a MMO'er like myself. Free Korean/Chinese MMO's are all the same, they might each look different graphically but are still basically the same game just with a different skin... so tired of them.

I hope they do a free trial so people could try the game before subscribing.

They haven't done a free trial of Champions yet have they? They won't do one on star trek till they do one for Champions you can bet that.

PvP is still a bit wonky and unbalanced with both sides pointing fingers. In OB it was Federation winning most everything the lowest two tiers, now it is Klingons winning all of Tier 1 and 65-70% of Tier 2. Fed thinks Klings are OP, and Klings like to yell about how much better they are than feds which is why they win. Either way there are some serious issues. The updates they have promised look cool (like fed vs. fed PvP). The only thing that needs real fleshing out is exploration. Right now it is just fly into designated cluster, find random anomalies or go into a system and find random anomalies, then leave. For how tedious and uninteresting it is the reward is meager. Hopefully they flesh out some episodes that reward exploration badges. It would be more dynamic to get exploration, bravery and commendations from episodes depending on their focus. But most episodes right now are combat based. This game does, however, have a long way to go and it has only just started.

The outcome of an MMO is generally determined in the first 3 months. If they don't fix a lot of the problems mentioned here in that time, this one will probably end up like all the other recent MMOs.

Lets see how they handle it.

I just love how people complain about MMO's right after launch. It happened with STO even in beta. Does anyone here remember WoW right at launch and the first 2 months after. Buggy as hell. It happens with all MMO's, the good ones and the bad.

I for one will play this till i am bored then move on. Hopefully i will be playing well into first xpac.

I for one will play this till i am bored then move on. Hopefully i will be playing well into first xpac.

Same here...oh wait already bored after 2 days of head start, sorry.....

I'm really disappointed with STO, on paper it looks perfect for me. But just doesn't play that well, I do hope things get fixed and more content added but I'll be waiting another 6 months before checking it out again

I could put up with the bugs and unvbalanced PvP - every time I try to get in the servers seem to be down, and if I do get in I spend most of the time rubberbanding around!

I just love how people complain about MMO's right after launch. It happened with STO even in beta. Does anyone here remember WoW right at launch and the first 2 months after. Buggy as hell. It happens with all MMO's, the good ones and the bad.

Buggy launches aren't anything new. However, it's what the approach developers take to fixing stuff ASAP. Thing with WoW was they had several patches after launch. Same thing with EQ. People will also get to end levels within a couple months. Are there any incentives for people at max level to keep playing?

The thing with Age of Conan, Warhammer, and etc. is that the developers didn't do crap to fix the glaring problems and max level players had nothing to do.

So no open BETA at the moment?

I'd need to try it, see how it runs on this lappy as i'm travelling. Is it needy on the specs?

Also is it a monthly subscription or one off? Nevermind, it's ****ing both.

Being a huge trek fan I thought I would lap up this MMO. Although my initial impressions were positive, I couldn't continue. I got bored really quick and I'm not sure why. Maybe go back into it later.