Bored of the game, went back for early access to F2P because i was a lapsed subscriber.

I enjoyed the episodes but it only took me 8 days to hit level 50 and the endgame STF (raids) get VERY boring when you have to grind them for hundreds of times (with an hour cooldown) just to get good stuff.

And there is little that good stuff really applies to in-game other than PvP (and you can get equivalent and/or better gear by just playing PvP and trading in commondations or badges or whatever).

I may reinstall it merely because the PvP was astoundingly good (even after they nerfed my precious science ship's shield tanking godliness in the closed/open beta). I'll need to look through the current logs to see what's changed.

• 3 months later...

Thread resurrection time!

Anyone having issues with Voice Chat?

Just finished off my dissertation so thought I'd give STO a try (now I have loads of free time :)), but having loads of trouble getting voice chat to work between me and my mates...seems to work some of the time just not other...no obvious reason why tho.

The quantum torpedoes carried by Defiant, for example, were originally intended for the never-built Federation-class dreadnaughts, then later, the Galaxy/Enterprise-class heavy cruisers - however, no heavy cruiser - including the Enterprise-E, was ever fitted iwth them.

Um, but the Enterprise- E did have quantum torpedoes.....

• Like 1

Um, but the Enterprise- E did have quantum torpedoes.....

Yeah, considering that's what they used to destroy the Borg sphere in First Contact...

• 3 weeks later...

My Mate just found this...LCARS style command console for iOS.

http://itunes.apple....d387723212?mt=8

387723212_1_jpg_460x460_q85.jpg

Hooks up with a little server app to PC/Mac

Takes a little getting used to and unfortunately you have to pay for the ?6.99 version if you wanna save your bindings...but with STO being a free game... ?7 isn't bad for a more authentic experience.

• 1 year later...