Photo

Windows 7 Visual Styles

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#46 OP svnO.o

svnO.o

Programmer & Web Developer

Posted 19 September 2009 - 20:38

The Ribbon VS theme from jordanfc has been reworked by alkhan.
The version done by alkhan, introduce more changes (especially the task bar, I guess),
and hnce I prefer his version.
Currently it is officially for "win 7 rc", but it works fine for me on "win 7 rtm"

http://alkhan.devian...-7-RC-126477514

Thanks for sharing. I personally don't like that version (not a fan of the task bar in it) but more options is always nice :)

#47 e2zippo

e2zippo

Neowinian

Posted 23 September 2009 - 15:37

Currently using Ribbon VS. Was using Slan before that. But the odd fonts made me change it after a couple of weeks.

I'm trying to get Ribbon to work on my Win 7 Pro 64bit RTM, I've ran the uxtheme patch and double clicked on the .theme file but all i end up with is the originl aero theme, any ideas?

EDIT: I managed to get SlanXP working, just put it in the wrong folder, however, my start menu button won't change, what's up with that?

Edited by e2zippo, 23 September 2009 - 16:03.

#48 OP svnO.o

svnO.o

Posted 23 September 2009 - 18:52

I'm trying to get Ribbon to work on my Win 7 Pro 64bit RTM, I've ran the uxtheme patch and double clicked on the .theme file but all i end up with is the originl aero theme, any ideas?

EDIT: I managed to get SlanXP working, just put it in the wrong folder, however, my start menu button won't change, what's up with that?

Did you make sure to copy the "Ribbon" folder to "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes"? The Ribbon folder path should then be "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Ribbon" with the "Ribbon.theme" file in "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes". The reason the start menu button didn't change is because for that you actually have to replace your explorer.exe -- the procedure is usually described on the Visual Style download page or within a readme.txt file included with the downloaded VS (takes some work with command prompt or a 3rd party app to replace the file due to permissions).

#49 OP svnO.o

svnO.o

Posted 26 September 2009 - 18:07

List updated to include the new "Green Spirit VS" by DjabyTown.

#50 mad_onion

mad_onion

In varietate concordia

Posted 26 September 2009 - 18:23

do any of these themes alter the in focus window style so that it looks like the out of focus windows.

as in a theme that gets keeps the out of focus style buttons and transparency level.

#51 OP svnO.o

svnO.o

Posted 26 September 2009 - 23:24

do any of these themes alter the in focus window style so that it looks like the out of focus windows.

as in a theme that gets keeps the out of focus style buttons and transparency level.

None that I'm aware of.

#52 dt

dt

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 September 2009 - 18:47

Are there uxtheme patches available? Not uxstyle core, but actual dll's that can be replaced like for XP/Vista? Thanks!

#53 -KJ

-KJ

٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ 

Posted 27 September 2009 - 23:51

This is what I used: http://deepxw.blogsp...me-patcher.html

Works fine on my 7600 RTM.

#54 hotdog963al

hotdog963al

Meow

Posted 28 September 2009 - 17:42

I dislike every single one of those skins.

Someone please hand me the style builder! XD

#55 OP svnO.o

svnO.o

Posted 29 September 2009 - 19:52

I dislike every single one of those skins.

Someone please hand me the style builder! XD

Yeah I didn't like most themes for Vista either -- the one I did like was called Transblack but doesn't have a Windows 7 equivalent yet. Instead for Windows 7 I just settled for Ribbon VS which is a slight improvement over the default Windows 7 theme. But since everyone has different tastes, that's why I compiled the list in the first place.

#56 bigmehdi

bigmehdi

Neowinian

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:03

Well I think the port of Luna Royal is great, but it's a basic theme and I would miss the new "aero peek" feature.
Otherwise Ribbon VS is my favorite Visual Style.
Currently I'm also using windowblinds 7 (beta available through object desktop subscription), and the result is decent.

#57 OP svnO.o

svnO.o

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:20

Added Harmony 7 Blue Alpha to the list.

#58 Tweaker

Tweaker

Neowinian

Posted 04 October 2009 - 17:48

Here's another nice Black theme called Capricco made for Win 7.

http://lassekongo83....for-7-137424096

Attached Images

• Capricco.jpg

#59 OP svnO.o

svnO.o

Posted 04 October 2009 - 19:44

Here's another nice Black theme called Capricco made for Win 7.

^ Noted and added.

#60 (Spork)

(Spork)

ANDROID-APPLE

Posted 04 October 2009 - 20:40

Yeah I didn't like most themes for Vista either -- the one I did like was called Transblack but doesn't have a Windows 7 equivalent yet. Instead for Windows 7 I just settled for Ribbon VS which is a slight improvement over the default Windows 7 theme. But since everyone has different tastes, that's why I compiled the list in the first place.

id love that for Win7