Photo

PS3 Media Server Thumbnail Generator

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 kraized

kraized

Slam Dunk My Funk!

Posted 03 April 2010 - 20:54

Hi, I know this is specifically for PS3MS but does anyone know how to get these to work with a ReadyNAS Duo running ReadyDLNA? I think ReadyDLNA only supports .JPEG format for cover art so when I convert the .PNG obviously I get a white background to my thumbnails. I have posted the question to the ReadyNAS forums but am wondering if someone here knew of a solution? Posted Image

#62 zerolimit

zerolimit

Neowinian

Posted 04 April 2010 - 00:58

I keep getting CRASH from IE8 in windows 7 after I generate a cover anyone else?

#63 AbandonedTrolley

AbandonedTrolley

Dexter Freak

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:32

Hi, I know this is specifically for PS3MS but does anyone know how to get these to work with a ReadyNAS Duo running ReadyDLNA? I think ReadyDLNA only supports .JPEG format for cover art so when I convert the .PNG obviously I get a white background to my thumbnails. I have posted the question to the ReadyNAS forums but am wondering if someone here knew of a solution? Posted Image

Well there isn't really much of a solution, JPEG files don't support transparency. I guess depending on the background of the main software you could match it up with that?

#64 Chingis

Chingis

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 08 May 2010 - 18:57

If anybody out there could please help me, i have had absolutely no luck in getting the thumbnail pics on my ps3. I am trying to add thumbnails to the DVD movies I have on my computer in the Vob format. If someone could post a guide or a tutorial, that would be awesome. THank you very much

#65 jonzn4sum

jonzn4sum

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 23 October 2010 - 17:30

Great app and site. But I have not been able to get thumbs to work at all. I use windows 7 and the new beta version ps3ms with my playstion 3 up to date. If someone would post a screen shot of them getting this to work under the same circumstances then i may not give up but this is really buggin. Example: although there are no file types displayed in win7 i still used (Igor.mp4.cover.png) in same folder as movie. Is this wrong? I even have different formates of the movie and have tried that (Igor.mkv.cover.png). What my deal? Help please.

#66 DigitalE

DigitalE

Tree Climber

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:01

Will PS3MS let you set a cover image on a folder?

#67 OP Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:08

Will PS3MS let you set a cover image on a folder?

Yes.. it should... you have to name the file I believe "folder.png".. but the downside was (at least when I used PS3MS) that folder.png cover will be used for all other videos inside that folder.

This was meant more to be for TV shows and such.

#68 DigitalE

DigitalE

Tree Climber

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:27

Yes.. it should... you have to name the file I believe "folder.png".. but the downside was (at least when I used PS3MS) that folder.png cover will be used for all other videos inside that folder.

I tried that, and it does apply the thumbnail on all the videos in the folder, but the folder itself on the XMB doesn't change.

#69 AbandonedTrolley

AbandonedTrolley

Dexter Freak

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:09

Out of interest, what are you using now instead? Have you ditched the PS3?

#70 OP Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:59

Out of interest, what are you using now instead? Have you ditched the PS3?

Yeah.. since the release of ultra cheap ATI 5xxx series with HDMI and audio bitstreaming for DTS-MA and DTS-HD, I have decided to simply build cheap HTPC..

I built 2 $400 HTPCs (one for home theater room and one for living room) that play Blu-rays and rock Windows Media Center interface but with all the codecs installed and outputting through HDMI to my receiver.'

This allows me to get full HD audio and video but I can play it as m2ts without any transcoding.

I'm actually thinking about building a very cool custom made UI for my movies and transfer everything online to database and open that to users.. So you would download an Adobe AIR application, that would read all your movies and stuff and would play it (in Windows I am trying VLC as a main player as it is compatible on OSX too) and supports all imaginable codecs.

From there I would build an iPad, Android tablet, Blackberry Tablet and iphone/android app where you would also browse your collection but could also use it as a remote to play your collection.

Right now, something similar is only present on Plex but it's for OSX only.

#71 AbandonedTrolley

AbandonedTrolley

Dexter Freak

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:40

Boz, has this project died? I remember you mentioning that you were looking into getting it to scan your libarary and auto generate. Did you ever get that going?

Also don't feel it hurts to bring this back to the attention of others, as this is a great little site for adding the finishing touches to your collection. Sadly I'm now in the same situation as Kraized and running a ReadyNAS Duo so the transparency is lacking :(

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!