Windows 7 Taskbar bug

• 7 months later...

Whenever it happens, shift + right click on entry on the taskbar (so the old context menu comes up) and then click elsewhere so the menu closes and the hover effect will correct itself.

I have created this account to say THANK YOU!

(happens for me mostly when connecting and disconnecting through Remote Desktop, had it happen on Vista, 2008 Server, 7 and 2008 Server R2)

• 2 months later...

Whenever it happens, shift + right click on entry on the taskbar (so the old context menu comes up) and then click elsewhere so the menu closes and the hover effect will correct itself.

I created this account for thank to you too :)

• 8 months later...

You'll be surprised to know that this bug has managed to creep its way into Windows 8 as well. And I am talking about Windows 8 Release Preview Build 8400.

......Jesus.

• 2 months later...

I've had it happen too, just figured it was Microsoft's Desktop Window Manager eating all my video resources again, lol

• 1 month later...

If you mean that if you take your mouse on a program open and then off it and then it stands like you has the mouse on it but not have so just Hold RSHIFT+RIGHT-CLICK the program so has been stuck and then it be fixed and it has to get that bug later if you has a slow computer and opens programs so need more of ur computer (like smart notebook v. x) so it makes ur computer to bug that so just do this!

:omg: It worked for me :omg:

Please reply if this worked!

:woot: ~ ? ? ? ? ? ? stone ? ? ? ? ? ? ~ :woot:

• 2 years later...

Anyone, seen this on Windows 10?

If so, please bug it, so it can finally be fixed... TY!

Crap, just realized, really old.. Whoops.. Can delete either. Sorry.. Well still relative question.