Community

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The long-awaited, oft-delayed Season 4 premiere of NBC?s Community on Thursday night drew 4 million total viewers and a 1.8 rating, up a tenth in the demo from its Season 3 opener ? which did not air opposite American Idol ? and rising 38 percent from its last finale. All told, it was the cult fave?s best rating (and the Peacock?s best performance in the Thursday lead-off time slot) since March 15, 2012.

tumblr_mhww47Rawp1qeodwqo1_250.gif

well nbc will cancel this show then at the end of the season

They are already laying down the groundwork for a S4 conclusion. I hope NBC doesn't pull a bait and switch and then ends up booking it for a 5th season after they wrapped everything up. That generally is the kiss of death of any show. Jericho, for example, fought off his cancellation and then died a slow, painfull death during it's 2nd season.

I think the S3 finale will always be the true spiritual finale of this show. I also think for fans NBC shot this show in the foot by delaying its return as that episode certainly didn't live up to the expectations of many fans from myself and on other boards. Glad to have the show back but I am not expecting the magic of seasons gone by.

• 2 months later...

Oh well that was likely the last ep of the show. Better points (episodes) it could have bowed out on imo

Prior to this season the show was fantastic, however, this season has been complete garbage.

Exactly my thoughts. It felt like something was missing this season.

Too many wacky adventures.

Not enough of Jeff

The whole changnesia thing was terrible. I know Community is silly but this was a low point.

I just read this a few moments ago myself. I am not really sure where the show can go from here with Chase leaving the show and the main head of the show missing for the regrettably poor prior season i am not sure it will be very good for a fifth season.

I just read this a few moments ago myself. I am not really sure where the show can go from here with Chase leaving the show and the main head of the show missing for the regrettably poor prior season i am not sure it will be very good for a fifth season.

I would of just cancelled it but it has its die hard fans

I'm happy that it's renewed.

I'm not enjoying the latest season as much as the others, but it's still better than most other comedies around at the moment.

Seasons 1 and 2 are where it's at, it started going downhill even while Dan Harmon was still on board, but without him it just turned into a parody of itself and a never-ending sequence of references. Surprised to see it renewed as all NBC ever did was sabotaging it in a way. I stopped watching few episodes into the new season, but I guess if people are still watching, let them have it. Still, as I said, nothing beats seasons 1 & 2.

The 4th season struggled badly, I'm afraid a 5th season is going to end up cancelled in the middle. Sure, the show has diehard fans but so did Firefly, Jericho and a bunch of others. Community was great, but it's no 30 Rock. The finale was absolutely dreaful. My favorite episode of the season, and I think everyone else as well, Intro to Felt Surrogacy.

• 3 weeks later...