Longhorn Install Problem...

Hello!

i'm trying to install longhorn, but i have a problem at the very beginning... lol

it says "program too big to fit in memory" when i start the /sources/setup.exe

any ideas?

i tryed longhorn and had it for a month. It was cool to be able to say that you had it , but it was a piece of crap.... just like all alpha software.

My advice, wait untill its in beta

it is cool, and it is a piece of crap, and it is better to wait until it's beta or RC. :yes:

Very well said.

Except the last bit - the PDC version (when it arrives) might be OK for use.

the PDC version (when it arrives) might be OK for use.

i dunno, the PDC is just supposed to be a preview isn't it? i'm sure microsoft will try and make it more stable, but it's just a preview of the new technology from what i've read.

Well, originally they said it was going to be beta by the PDC... then they took that back and said "a late alpha". Generally, past PDC releases have been pretty good (from what I've heard), so my opinion is it will be usuable. Or at least have some of the cool new stuff in it!

On the topic of PDC - is anyone planning to go?

If it's like most professional Microsoft conferences... it'll probably be around $2000...

Is seeing Longhorn (and getting it) worth that much? A very difficult question... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well ... I use Windows XP Professional ... but I have tweaked XP so that the boot screen looks like Longhorn 4015's, the log-in screen is the same... the background and the visual style all looks similar to LONGHORN ...

All that's new in Longhorn is that sidebar thing, the visual style and the different setting in My Computer.

My XP is a "Longhorn-wannabe", but I'm not complaining ... :woot:

If I showed you my desktop ... you'd recognize it ... like a human on earth, no aliens ... :alien:

Dark5ider

Btw, what's wrong with www.xbetas.com?

Better yet, why wait for beta when you can wait for it to really come out?

It'll be less bug-loaded (hopefully :) ) And you know for sure that everything will work...

But who says taking a little peek is bad? :happy:

Well i'm a beta tester of Microsoft products, so i'm hoping to be in the Longhorn beta. Then I can find those bugs and get them repaired.