The New Me.

Well done :) I'm more surprised to hear of someone buying an exercise bike and then actually USING it :) Normally they just collect dust in someones garage!

I'm trying to get into cycling and thanks to mild weather and a new bike been piling the miles on over the last couple of weeks. I just worked out that I've cycled over 100 miles in the last 7 days.. it's so rewarding because you can literally see the improvements every day - double chin is going away quickly, legs are toned, and my belly is vanishing!

great warwagon!!

i just got a treadmill after my bike broke :p, hope i lose more weight and increase muscle mass with that!!

Why thank you :D

you're welcome :D

Hmm, i was 17 and a half stone about 3 months back and im now down to 15 and a half. Although i never looked over weight back then, i still dont really look any different.

I found that drinking carbonated water (lots of) really helped me to lose the weight so far.

I am on Reductil, but now im inder the obease line, im trying to phase the tablets out, as i cant keep taking them forever and dont want to feel like im relying on them to keep my weight off.

I just hope that once im completely off these tablets that i wont start pileing the weight back on.

I am on Reductil, but now im inder the obease line, im trying to phase the tablets out, as i cant keep taking them forever and dont want to feel like im relying on them to keep my weight off.

I just hope that once im completely off these tablets that i wont start pileing the weight back on.

Ooh, I just started on those, in conjuction with the gym. Only the 10mg ones though.. How are you finding them? My appetite has definitely gone down, but I'm thinking I need the higher dosage as they're almost worn off by evening meal time... :/

warwagon - Congrats man - That's some serious weight-loss.

Congrats also, on proving my theory that exercise bikes are the best way to lose weight. Long story short, I brought my first exercise bike, the start of last year, when I weighed in at 203lbs, by the end of September (almost a year ago) I'd dropped down to 136lbs, which was a result of healthy eating, and more importantly, using my exercise bike to the point where it stopped wearing me out, and I wore it out (I eventually broke it, and had to buy another one).

Oh - and keep taking pics, 'cause that way you can totally see the difference. From my own pov, I could tell I'd lost weight, because of the change in clothes size, but it wasn't until I looked at the following picture:

me_pic1.jpg

That I could truly see the weight I'd lost. That picture was taken for a staff card, and at that point I know I'd started to lose a little bit of weight. However, it was only when I took a picture with my webcam, that I noticed the difference

post-50796-1254074607_thumb.jpg

Anyways, that's enough of me thread hijacking - Congrats again man, and stick with it - You'll love the results.

warwagon - Congrats man - That's some serious weight-loss.

Congrats also, on proving my theory that exercise bikes are the best way to lose weight. Long story short, I brought my first exercise bike, the start of last year, when I weighed in at 203lbs, by the end of September (almost a year ago) I'd dropped down to 136lbs, which was a result of healthy eating, and more importantly, using my exercise bike to the point where it stopped wearing me out, and I wore it out (I eventually broke it, and had to buy another one).

Oh - and keep taking pics, 'cause that way you can totally see the difference. From my own pov, I could tell I'd lost weight, because of the change in clothes size, but it wasn't until I looked at the following picture:

me_pic1.jpg

That I could truly see the weight I'd lost. That picture was taken for a staff card, and at that point I know I'd started to lose a little bit of weight. However, it was only when I took a picture with my webcam, that I noticed the difference

post-50796-1254074607_thumb.jpg

Anyways, that's enough of me thread hijacking - Congrats again man, and stick with it - You'll love the results.

You have a chin again :D

great work & keep it up !!

so have you changed your diet as well or is it just the bikes in from of the tv ?

I Have about 2 meals a day. Lunch and supper. Before that I would make myself a big thing no nacho cheese and salsa and pig out while watching TV. Now instead of eating while watching TV I work out.

Today I found a picture of me from back in October 7th, 2008. weighing in at 213 lbs. The day after Xmas I saw some picture that were taken of me. I thought I looked nasty. So I made a V line to walmart and bought an exercise bike. Parked it in front of my TV and have been using it 20 mins a day ever since. Today i'm weighing in at 186 lbs. Went from a Size 38 / 40 down to 36.

So this is a before and after picture of what I looked like then and what I look like now. (on a side note the after picture was taken with my new refurbished Logitech Quickcam 9000 HD webcam)

What you stopped wearing blush and lipstick???

Kidding, grats on the weight loss, Im trying to gain some myself.

Thats freaking amazing! Congrats, I can't wait to get there myself. I've gone from 280 to 230, I've got about 50lbs to go! But I'm half way there.

You should find a weight training buddy and hop on some lifting! There are many skinny people out there to still compete with, so now get some muscle and blow those weak bitches away!

Congrats, I'm jealous.

I don't mean to belittle your efforts, but you've obviously been doing some things wrong.

For starters, you claim you're eating two meals a day. You should be eating around 4 meals (smaller ones), and perhaps even a couple of tiny snacks in between. You're not supposed to slow down your metabolism.

Also, you claim you've been riding your bike every day (granted, 20 minutes is really low, just enough to barely have any effect) but only lost 27 pounds over the course of a year. That sounds too fishy.

How much calories do you intake per day and how much do you really ride your bike (the distance you make in those 20 minutes, if you have a counter on the bike)?

You have a chin again :D

:D - Sorry for not replying sooner. Yep, that's about it, lost 67lbs, my moobs, and the heart palpatations, and re-gained my chin in the process :) (Plus a liking for XS Tee-Shirts)

I don't mean to belittle your efforts, but you've obviously been doing some things wrong.

For starters, you claim you're eating two meals a day. You should be eating around 4 meals (smaller ones), and perhaps even a couple of tiny snacks in between. You're not supposed to slow down your metabolism.

Also, you claim you've been riding your bike every day (granted, 20 minutes is really low, just enough to barely have any effect) but only lost 27 pounds over the course of a year. That sounds too fishy.

How much calories do you intake per day and how much do you really ride your bike (the distance you make in those 20 minutes, if you have a counter on the bike)?

What do you mean? He should have lost more weight? Less? You say "only" 27 pounds but also say the amount he road his bike is tiny, as well as he slowed his metabolism. I want to know what you say because I hate how critical people are of technique.

The thing to remember, about weight-loss, exercise, "dieting", getting healthy etc, etc, is that it's not a sprint to the finish. It's also not a competition compared to other people.

At the end of the day, everyone is different. Warwagon, for instance, weighed a lil bit more at his "start weight", than I did, (213 lbs compared to my 203 lbs), and yet my trouser size was actually larger (I was a 40- 42", as opposed to a 38 - 40"). Now that might be due to a difference in height, but I've known people be the same height as me, weigh a good 20 - 30 lbs more than I do, and yet not look it.

The other thing to remember, is that not everyone loses weight at the same pace, from the same place, and using the same methods. I lost 67 lbs, in 9 months, and it went from my face (as I think those pics I posted earlier on demonstrate), and my stomach (XXL down to an XS). Now a hell of a lot of people, both offline and online, have told me that I lost the weight to quickly. However, that rate of weight loss works out at 7.44 lbs per month, or just under 1.9lbs per week, which is comfortably within the recommended guidelines for weight-loss.

So if everyone was supposed to lose weight at the same rate, you could look at the amount warwagon has lost - 27lbs, and the duration, around 11 months, and say that's ****, 'cause it's only 2.45 lbs per month.

However, people who say that, are missing the point. The point is, and this applies to anyone else losing weight / who has lost weight and is maintaining it (which I'll tell thee all from personal experience is a wee-bit difficult todo when you break three ribs and pop your shoulder) he's taking the effort to lead a healthier lifestyle. 20 minutes in front of the television might not seem like a lot, but then again, there's always someone who'll do more than you. I used my exercise bike for 90 mins this morning, cycling between three different difficulty levels (3-5), and covered just under 30 miles.

Now, I'm quite happy with that (especially as it's the first time I've used the bike since breaking my ribs), but to a number of people, it's either not gonna be fast enough, not gonna be difficult enough, or to long, and they'd recommend HIIT. Those are all valid suggestions / comments, however, it's what works for me. I like jumping on my bike early in the morning, throwing on a DVD, and cycling before showering, then heading out for the day. I work with people who think this is beyond mad, and far prefer to exercise after work.

I'm not trying to thread-jack, I'm just trying to point out the differences. Personally I wouldn't wanna jump on a bike for just 20 mins, as I far prefer to cycle for 60 - 90 mins (or 120, if I'm feeling like really pushing myself to the limit). I'm just as confident, that warwagon wouldn't wanna cycle for 60 - 90 mins, 4-5 times per week.

However, my method worked (and continues todo so) for me, and his method works for him. Different people have different approaches, and as long as they find the one that works for them, and helps them to achieve their objective, then that's what matters.

Anyone who takes any kinda steps to improve their health, by leading a healthier lifestyle (i.e., eating more healthily, and exercising) should be commended.

What do you mean? He should have lost more weight? Less? You say "only" 27 pounds but also say the amount he road his bike is tiny, as well as he slowed his metabolism. I want to know what you say because I hate how critical people are of technique.

He simply meant it would be more beneficial to eat more frequently. People say you need smaller meals and more of them. Skipping meals actually does worse for you. I'm not saying you need to shovel your face a huge meal, but a snack could benefit by keeping the metabolism at work. He's not trying to be critical, he's just trying to help.

BTW - Congrats dude, keep up the good work! I'm proud.

Well what I didn't mention is between April or once it started getting nice out I would walk 26 mins a day instead of ride my bike. Just recently I started the riding the bike again for 20 mins a day. More good things to watch on TV now. You are wondering why only 20 mins. Well put it this way. I really hate riding that thing. Not that its uncomfortable or anything, its just the reason most people buy them and they collect dust from the day of purpose. So to avoid that I do it 20 mins. Which is still something and which is obviously working. So I haven't lost a kazillion pounds, but i'm happy with what i've lost and not in any hurry to loose any now. I think I look good. Of course i'd like to loose some more. But i'm just not in any rush.

Well what I didn't mention is between April or once it started getting nice out I would walk 26 mins a day instead of ride my bike. Just recently I started the riding the bike again for 20 mins a day. More good things to watch on TV now. You are wondering why only 20 mins. Well put it this way. I really hate riding that thing. Not that its uncomfortable or anything, its just the reason most people buy them and they collect dust from the day of purpose. So to avoid that I do it 20 mins. Which is still something and which is obviously working. So I haven't lost a kazillion pounds, but i'm happy with what i've lost and not in any hurry to loose any now. I think I look good. Of course i'd like to loose some more. But i'm just not in any rush.

Right on, good for you man. It's refreshing to hear about people not liking something and taking action to make changes. Keep up the work bro, I'm rooting for you.

Just by cutting out coke, sweets, crisps and junk like chips and pizza etc I've so far lost 22lb. I don't do any exercise whatsoever, even the word bores me to tears. I bought a punchbag which I used for about 2 weeks and now it's just sat there slowly deflating :wacko: :laugh:

Rock on warwagon!

I lost over fifty pounds during the course of the past year.

I lost trouser sizes, but I can't get rid of that chin flab.

I'm a skinny man with a double-chin!

Although I'm 37, my body may be winding down at the point when I want to get it going again!