[pic] Golden Dragon Chinese Restaurant

On second thought me too. I don't wish to perpetuate a stupid stereotype. This is from one of those fake sign websites right?

On second thought me too. I don't wish to perpetuate a stupid stereotype. This is from one of those fake sign websites right?

Dog and cat meat is part of the Chinese cuisine. In some regions it's not even a delicacy, but a pretty normal plate to eat.

China is the world's greatest consumer of dog meat, eating as many as 20 million dogs a year.

Many die horrible deaths in live animal markets.

But in Beijing, Dog restaurateur Wang Qiming says business is good.

"There are many who eat dogs. Before, young people didn't, but now they do."

Dog meat is claimed to be a warming winter dish that's good for the circulation and sperm.

On this day a group of office workers have come to Mr Wang's restaurant.

(sound of office workers speaking)

"Is it easy to boil the skin thoroughly?" a man asks his colleagues, while another man says: "the skin is delicious."

The dogs used are a cross between a local Chinese breed and a St Bernard.

Not all Swiss people are happy about this, but the dogs apparently grow fast and big, and the meat is tender with little fat.

More than 1,000 a year end up in the kitchen.

Restaurants claim that the boom in dog ownership in China hasn't caused a decline in the eating of dogs.

Chef Zhang Jinxiong says business has never been better.

"Dog meat is a good dish. If everyone misses the opportunity to eat it, in the future they may regret it."

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2006/s1631531.htm