I fought Microsoft over selling NFR software and I won!

It seems like there are two types of people commenting on this post:

- the "down with the big corporations" people, and

- the "down with you for being so dodgey and then bragging about it" people.

I'm in the latter group. What you did is wrong. As a fellow party-pack recipient, I will be doing what was intended and spreading the word about Windows 7.

Seriously, this is down right dirty.

No you all need to grow up... If a homeless person is begging because he hungry for money and i decide to give him some believing he gona buy food but goes and buys liquer... Well if i get angry than, than i am stupid,.. I could have just bought him a sandwich and gave him that sandwich instead of money.

with those party packs It was about to happen. Inevitable, And MS sure knew it. But they not gona try to change the world and teach kids morals on a forum.

Ms could have done it differently, like one big party, or whatever and give things out there...

Oh and stop with the "ms not gona do promotions ****". Ms never thought about you in the first place but about themselves, whats best for them... But they also know they need you to be this big corporation, so they do stuff like this promotion from time to time.

All i am saying is its his thing, his choice of what he did. and why are people going down on him for that i dont understand. Good for you if you never done what you call "bad" in your life, but it gives you no right to go down on someone. But i know you got people on here who live by their morals and get mad when they see someone who aint doing the same, like its not fair lol... And others probably who did bad stuff and its just their way of dealing with it, to go down on someone who did something bad too.

You see its not about him but its about you. Theres a bit of you that is hurt by his actions. your problem, not his

excuse my english.

GREED can be a terrible disease. I hope MS blacklists all the Party Pack serials making them void, including my own copy, of which I never would sell anyway.

It would be worth it, as some form of punishment, for the few smart Alec's who just can't help trying to make a 'name' for themselves at every opportunity.

What comes around, goes around in this life ;)

GREED can be a terrible disease. I hope MS blacklists all the Party Pack serials making them void, including my

own copy, of which I never would sell anyway. It would be worth it, as some form of punishment, for the few smart

Alec's who just can't help trying to

make a 'name' for themselves at every

opportunity. What comes around, goes around in this life ;)

Yeah. What goes around, comes around. Karma is a bitch. I would bet karma will see you as a person who likes to ruin things for many to for you to be satisfied.

Yeah. What goes around, comes around. Karma is a bitch. I would bet karma will see you as a person who likes to ruin things for many to for you to be satisfied.

I'm surprised you know me that well :) :rolleyes:

Karma? What is it called, when people do just "good" in life, but bad things only happen to them or nothing ever works out good? My point its all in your head. Karma dont exist, it just happens if your fearing it. Its a mind thing. And people like you who spread the thing about karma, its existence, are like a disease, a virus who the weak can only get infected by ahaha

Edited by birdie-87

Karma? What is it called, when people do just "good" in life, but bad things only happen to them or nothing ever

works out good? My point its all in

your head. Karma dont exist, it just

happens if your fearing it. Its a mind

thing. And people like you who spread

the karma are like a disease, a virus

who the weak can only get infected by

ahaha

Interesting way of looking at it. Lol

Karma? What is it called, when people do just "good" in life, but bad things only happen to them or nothing ever works out good? My point its all in your head. Karma dont exist, it just happens if your fearing it. Its a mind thing. And people like you who spread the thing about karma, its existence, are like a disease, a virus who the weak can only get infected by ahaha

You have no idea what Karma is it would seem.. sounds like you're very young..

Karma = When you do something good, good things will happen.. When you do bad, bad things will happen.

The priest or buddhist or whoever came up with the concept of karma was a smart guy. Its a good way to control people and make them behave the way you want. Thats the only purpose of it. Too bad karma doesnt work out always :p

Clearly you have no understanding why people are mad in this thread...

Oh, I do very well understand why they're mad.

They're mad because they didn't get a Party Kit to flog on eBay :yes:

Taking into account how the law is always slanted in a companies favour, how they try and trick you to let them spread your email and personal information around (please tick the box that is unticked if you wish to opt out of our information sharing scheme wherein unticking said box determines you agree that we are allowed to share your information if said box is either ticked or unticked...) i fully support this outcome.

What i can't believe is the volume of people who WANT companies to have the upper hand over them. I never knew so many people would actually volunteer to be a slave. Shocking.

Yes, there's a disturbing amount of people who are screaming that they want their rights to be taken away - by companies, by the government and still others :pinch:

I'm betting all the people on here that are moaning about him selling his pack on ebay are either a tad jealous. Personally I say good on you, hope you get some good cash for it, if they can afford to give away expensive things then they obviously have money to waste.

Exactly, they're just jealous because they didn't get a party kit.

by trying to sell what he won, he is in fact using the website for private gain, therefore the auctions are illegeal.

Wrong. He was *not* using the website to sell it - that would've only been the case if he would've offered it for sale right on the party website. He didn't do that, he sold it on eBay. eBay has no relation whatsoever with the party website.

Which is only valid in your country. I can, legally and freely, sell my copy of Windows at any time I want and there's zilch Microsoft can do about it (and something I've done before, even OEM copies which I've bought from a store). Same goes for games and various other media, also promotional material such as the Op sold.

I can print anything I want on the manual, license, EULA or the media itself and it has no legal weight behind it whatsoever.

Correct.

A while ago, there was that discussion about Oem versions which MS tried to limit to sale with a new computer. Then it came out that they don't have the legal right to do that, so that limitation is null and void. Same goes for this "Not For Resale" promotional stuff, that limitation is null and void as well.

hmmm so everyone is defending the innocent corporation microsoft? This microsoft%20sued&sourceid=groowe&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 who seems to violate and break any and all rules that they don't like. Who steals and breaks copyrights left and right?

Yes, it's disturbing that so many blind fanatics are defending MS :pinch:

I signed up for the party pack, not knowing that they were sending a copy of Windows 7. But after I realized I was the only geek that would show up at my windows 7 party I forgot all about it. Then the party park came in the mail. I already have Technet and before I got that I pre-ordered 2 copies of the upgrade. If I sell those for a profit is everyone gonna bad mouth me for that?

Looks like my EBAY auction was pulled today also. So I sent off an Email to them with the OPs info. Will see what happens.

They'll simply restore your auction, just as they restored roadwarrior's, as it's fully legal to sell it.

Awesome, so does this mean I can legally sell the 5 "Not for Resale" retail boxed Server 2003 Enterprise & SBS editions I have sitting on a shelf collecting dust, that I got for free from MS for attending various shows?

Of course you can legally do so - it's your property, so you can sell it.

This thread is the best. Everyone calling the topic starter with insults and whatnot, its funny.

Just shows how jealousy works. I say hooray for getting a quick buck on Microsoft's expense.

And to everyone who is jealous, well, thanks hahahaha

Yes, I'm laughing really hard at this jealous fanatics as well :laugh:

You're as big a loser as roadwarrior is.

Oh, I'm so hurt now. I'm hurt even more by you using a large font size while saying it :rofl:

Go cry me a river.

You have no idea what Karma is it would seem.. sounds like you're very young..

Karma = When you do something good, good things will happen.. When you do bad, bad things will happen.

i was just addressing mostly the "do bad things, bad things will happen" part.

How people dont see this as bs, to be controlled and never do bad and just good in life is beyond me...

Probably those are the same people who believe in santa clause, god, after life, destiny...

EDIT: Yes i am very young, 9 and a half sooo?

Edited by birdie-87