Creamsn0w: iPhone Jailbreak/Unlock

I bumped into this rather interesting Jailbreak/Unlock alternative that i personally never heard of before, I thought I'd share it with you lot.

Many jailbreak only because they need ultrasn0w or purplesn0w to unlock their mobile. They have no interest in the apps found in Cydia, the majority of which are of poor quality. Furthermore Cydia installs many dependencies, including an entire UNIX subset. I find Cydia ugly, buggy, and slow. Using it feels like an unpolished Linux distribution more than the pretty and usable iPhone OS version of Mac OS X. Personally, I experienced instabilihave ty just with Cydia installed by itself. Additionally, Cydia encourages installation of said poor quality themes and apps that will most likely result in the need to restore. The alternative to Cydia is Icy. It is a newcomer and, currently, it is quite buggy. Additionally the Icy bundle in PwnageTool is broken. It is universaly hated by the Cydia crowd and it seems that the Dev Team have not paid much attention to Icy because it is missing a lot of the UNIX subset required for complicated packages. Meaning, packages will not install, or if they do install, they will not work properly, or not at all.

If you are one who just wants his mobile unlocked without unnecessary fluff, creamsn0w is for you. It takes advantage of the custom packages feature of PwnageTool. Select creamsn0w in PwnageTool, and you will have a firmware ready for use at first boot. There will be no more hunting for Cydia packages to make you r iPhone usable.

Cydia and Icy will not be installed. No visible modifications can be seen. The iPhone will behave like an official unlocked phone even though it is not. It is safe to take it into the Apple store. Their employees will not be able to detect that it is jailbroken and unlocked from just looking at it. Just do not let them restore it. You will not lose your warranty. I thank the iPhone Dev Team for creating PwnageTool and ultrasn0w. I also thank Saurik for Mobile Substrate.

CreamSn0w will always use the latest Mobile Substrate and ultrasn0w available at the time of release. Unfortunately, it is Mac only; there is currently no Windows solution. But, a firmware created with PwnageTool on Mac can and should be shared.

Please note that redsn0w support is a hack. The Cydia and Icy entries are hard coded. In order to support CreamSn0w, Icy has to be replaced. The redsn0w still says, 'Icy', but it is not. It is CreamSn0w. This is done for iPhone 3GS users who need to unlock their iPhone and do not wish to wait for PwnageTool to be updated. Once PwnageTool is updated to support iPhone 3GS, the redsn0w hack will be removed.

More info and instruction click here

You don't think Apple will notice "T-Mobile" on the top of the iPhone?

If you really wanted, you can still use Cydia, download BossPrefs and simply unlock your phone and hide both BossPrefs and Cydia. You will never notice it was jailbroken

It's good to have a bigger variety of unlock/jailbreak apps. Kudos to them.

I disagree. I'd rather have one superb one with continuous support instead of a dozen others by which you doubt and "buy" a cat in a bag. ;)