I Won 1st Place @ Howard Stern Beetlejuice Halloween Party!

So as the title says, I Won 1st Place For My Halloween Costume @ The Howard Stern Beetlejuice "Beetle Ball" Halloween Party this past Thursday Night!

So Howard TV was throwing a Halloween Party for the premiere of the reality TV show they are doing called This Is Beetle.

For anyone who does not know, Beetle is Beetlejuice from the Howard Stern show. He is a vulgar hilarious midget who is absolutely crazy, so I honestly just wanted to see him in person.

This Is Beetlejuice!

022808beetlejuicedwarf.jpg

So take a step back, I am a bit older than most members here, and especially living in New Jersey, I grew up listening to Howard Stern pretty much since I was about 12 years old, and my dad was a big fan that entire time. A big part of me getting into it was it was one thing me and my dad could really have in common, so it was nice to have something to talk about that we both really liked, even if it was just Howard Stern. I own Sirius just to get Stern, I still love the characters on his show such as Beetlejuice, etc. I cannot stand when Howard does the stuff with women, it is really, really old, but I do love when he interviews celebrities and again when he does stuff with what he refers to as the Wak Pack. So I was psyched just to attend the Halloween party and originally I had no intentions at all of even thinking I could win the contest.

So okay, I send an email to try and get tickets to the Beetle Ball, that is what they were calling the Halloween party, and although they were only picking 50 people from the public, I somehow got picked to attend. The only deal was to be let in, you had to dress in a costume inspired by the Howard Stern universe itself.

I knew I did not want to do any of the obvious choices for a costume, and really I wound up picking my costume, Scott The Engineer, as originally it meant very little work for me. He is bald, I am bald, so I figured all I would do is throw some headphones on and be done with it. That is when the idea hit me, I needed to somehow create a Black Cloud! Scott the Engineer, for people who do not know the show and I am guessing that is most everyone here, is the guy on the staff who always has bad, bad luck. As such Howard for a long time now always references the "Black Cloud" that Scott carries with him everywhere he goes. His office is referred to as the "Black Cloud Diner" even, so you get the idea, he has bad luck and they tease him about his Black Cloud. i decided I was going to make a Black Cloud to put over my head.

So creation of the black cloud went from at first just a really simple cardboard cut-out, which I was not liking at all, to what would eventually wind up being what you see in the pics below. If you include the time I spent going to the store to get the supplies, etc., I would say it took me at least 4 hours to construct total, if not more.

Well it turns out my hard work paid off, as I won the $500 Cash 1st Prize and a 1 Year subscription to Howard TV on Demand, which since I cannot get it because I have Verizon Fios, so I get the cash equivalent of that prize as well!!

So I have some pics they posted obviously, and the even crazier thing is the whole thing will definitely be an episode on Howard TV On Demand. I was interviewed on Camera after the win, and they said they will be making it into a TV episode, so once that hits, I will update this thread, but it may be upwards of a month before that happens.

So here are the pics...

Beetle_Ball_1.jpg

And Here is Me On Stage Once They Announced I had Won

Beetle_Ball_2.jpg

The awesome thing is the reason I won is I was by far the crowd favorite, and although in the second round 3 out of the 4 judges did vote for me (judges were Ralph, Beetlejuice, Yuko The Clown, and Steve Grillo), it was the crowd that got me the win. It was crazy, I had upwards of 15-20 people who were there just like me as fans asking for my picture throughout the night, so that is when I had a pretty good idea I might actually have a chance to win the contest. So really I owe the fans a great deal, they were the ones who got me the win.

And actually I made it on the Sirius Radio as well on Friday, it is a short clip as it was the preinterview outside on line waiting to get in. This was before I had any idea I was even in the content, never-mind that I was going to win the whole thing. WARNING - NSFW - I use the F Bomb when discussing how much work I put into the cloud. And my editing is a little bootleg on the MP3 so ignore the first 2 seconds or so.

Link To MP3 of me on Radio.

Again, this is all going to be shown in video on Howard TV On Demand, so once the TV show is up, hopefully someone will post some YouTube videos or something and I will link to them.

Finally, for people who have Facebook, they have a Facebook album with more pics from the Event. I am not on Facebook so that is why I linked to them on my own.

I keep scrolling back up to that Beetlejuice picture, waiting for him to yell "Aw ****, son!" and toss up the "W". No idea why. Congrats on the win, though!

First let me say thanks to everyone who has responded. (Y) I was just going over the night with my parents, and it really was an incredibly fun time. I truly had a blast and it is just awesome when a crowd is behind you the way the fans were for me. I truly owe the people who were there everything.

Congrats, but isn't Beetlejuice dead?

http://laughabilly.com/4602/beetlejuice-tribute-very-funny/

At any rate, I love Howard Stern and congrats to you Larry!

Thanks man. (Y)

And yeah for years now people have been saying he is dead. I can assure you he is alive and well and crazier and funnier than ever.

off topic but does anyone else think beetlejuice looks alot like lil wayne..lol

:laugh: I do not think you are the only one, youtube search beetlejuice and little wayne. ;)

gooood for you ;)

(Y) A true fan of the show I see. Niiiiiicccccce.

That is just crazy. How did you get in to the small event?

I got exremely lucky. The contest was to send an email, so I sent in an email, on the very last day you could as well, so I really thought I had no chance as I was 4 days late to entering. My guess is a lot of people did not follow instructions, because it specifically said just put your name, age, and address. I am sure a bunch of people said why they should be picked, etc. I do know it was not for a lack of people who wanted to go, cause the two girls who were in the contest with me were not even from the NYC area. One was from Arizona and the other from Minnesota, they flew in to NYC, so yeah I think I just either got incredibly lucky and / or they were handpicking people based on criteria perhaps. I definitely am happy I did. (Y)

What helped was a lot of people were the same one person. Meaning there were 15 Howards, 7 Jeff The Drunks, 7 Ronnie The Limo Drivers (both the real Ronnie and Jeff The Drunk were actually there), and also for the obvious reason I stood out like a sore thumb. :laugh:

I am definitely really curious to see it once it hits Howard TV, as I know I did some funny ass stuff on stage because the crowd was so behind me. Part of me is almost scared to see it. :rofl:

:laugh:

I have no idea what relevance the black cloud has, I don't even know who that guy is, but I LOL'd when I see the pics.

Congrats.

Wow congrats!! I didn't think many people here listen to Howard stern, let alone, own Sirius like I do :)

good work on the cloud!

Wow congrats!! I didn't think many people here listen to Howard stern, let alone, own Sirius like I do :)

good work on the cloud!

I've only heard of Howard Stern for his adult guests :rofl:

I am definitely really curious to see it once it hits Howard TV, as I know I did some funny ass stuff on stage because the crowd was so behind me. Part of me is almost scared to see it. :rofl:

Congrats again bro. Awesome.(Y)

Since I know what it was you did, (and I know it wasn't just the crowd that "helped" you) I don't think I want to see it either. :laugh: