Neowin Digital Gallery

which is the better?

Malc

It would be better if the images you linked to weren't 7.7MB and 10.5MB respectively. Use a smaller preview with a click through or something.

It would be better if the images you linked to weren't 7.7MB and 10.5MB respectively. Use a smaller preview with a click through or something.

Did not even notice that.

How the bloody hell do you reduce the file size in lightroom without reducing the quality slider (export)? No option to re-size frame?

Anyway, lowered the quality to reduce size and re-upped.

Malc

How the bloody hell do you reduce the file size in lightroom without reducing the quality slider (export)? No option to re-size frame?

Malc

Export...Image Sizing.... Resize to fit...

Try using something like Flickr, Picasa, etc to upload and post the thumbs that link to the full page.

Picasa lets you see full sized images on free accounts while Flickr does not IIRC

Malc

Much better (Y). I like the second one. And I usually export full size from Lightroom and resize in Preview or Photoshop. Kinda the long way around, but more control in my opinion.

Try using something like Flickr, Picasa, etc to upload and post the thumbs that link to the full page.

Picasa lets you see full sized images on free accounts while Flickr does not IIRC

You can on flickr if you enable it in your security options.

my first night shot.. just got my DSLR today!

2up4arm.jpg

I resized it though.. let me what you guys think! (all handheld.. too broke to has tripod)

comments anyone? :(... I"m a beginner would like some tips.

^ That's pretty good! Outa curiosity what kind of flash setup did you have if any? Or is it all natural light? :o

top one was just at 430EX through 42" umbrella camera right and the bottom three were natural light.

And another one from today :)

maserati.jpg

Love this (Y) nice one.

comments anyone? :( ... I"m a beginner would like some tips.

Work on your composition, shot is underexposed

What made you decide to shoot at f/14? :o

And I am not sure whether it's doing of the camera, but the red colours are not very pleasing.

I dunno.. lol.. and as for the red.. that's how the plant is... :s..

I dunno.. lol.. and as for the red.. that's how the plant is... :s ..

Yes I've seen those plants, around here they're called "Nochebuenas" but the color seems correct.

Also, the f14 is probably because he's using the camera in auto mode.

Tip for next time razorwing, post the link to the photo page and use a medium size thumbnail. We'll click on the photo or link if we want to see the details :)

Yes I've seen those plants, around here they're called "Nochebuenas" but the color seems correct.

Also, the f14 is probably because he's using the camera in auto mode.

Tip for next time razorwing, post the link to the photo page and use a medium size thumbnail. We'll click on the photo or link if we want to see the details :)

ah ok... I actually used the AV mode to take it.. didn't use any auto settings. If anyone can give me some pointers on taking really clean and crips shots that would be great. (not including getting a new lens.. because I am kinda broke now lol.)

Edited by Razorwing

Love this (Y) nice one.

Cheers dude :)

top one was just at 430EX through 42" umbrella camera right and the bottom three were natural light.

Awesome thanks, I've just bought a 430EX II so was curious haha :p