"Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library?&a

I have reinstalled my computer with Windows 7.

When I now tick 'manually manage and videos' iTunes states:

"Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library?"

Apparently I have a new iTunes library...

I would like to 'manually manage music and videos' so that I can easily copy and paste songs from out of Windows Explorer.

However, this message prevents that and it says I need to 'erase and sync' to my new iTunes library. And I don't want that.

Or is this erase option ONLY for my music and that I keep all my apps, podcasts and settings?

If only music is erased I can live with that (I easily copy evreything all over), but not for all my paid apps, podcast etc.

Is there some kind of workaround as to have more libraries, or at least for this moment to place a checkmark and than delete one library?

click on iTunes and click 'Authorize Computer' u will be asked to login to iTunes store, when its done connect iphone, right click the iphone icon and click 'transfer purchases' then it will transfer all purchases from iphone to your itunes.

then when you sync it should work... thats what i done anyway

OK.

So if I'm correct the following steps I have to take:

1. Tick 'manualy manage' and click to 'erase and sync'

2. Disconnect iPhone

3. Authorize computer

4. Login into iTunes store

5. Connect iPhone

6. Transfer purchases

7. Copy music once more

Right?

If you have done a clean install of Windows 7, you will no longer have the setup on iPhone to match that which you had before on iTunes, I am unsure about Win7 upgrade, as I did clean install, therefore I had to redo library, some albums the same, some not, so had to go with erase this iPhone, don't know if there is another workaround for this. When I updated from Vista to Windows 7 RC, I backed up onto two DVDs my iTunes Library, then reinstated it, so nothing had changed, unfortunately when installing Windows 7 this time I had not backed it up. Hope this helps, Jim.

If you have done a clean install of Windows 7, you will no longer have the setup on iPhone to match that which you had before on iTunes, I am unsure about Win7 upgrade, as I did clean install, therefore I had to redo library, some albums the same, some not, so had to go with erase this iPhone, don't know if there is another workaround for this. When I updated from Vista to Windows 7 RC, I backed up onto two DVDs my iTunes Library, then reinstated it, so nothing had changed, unfortunately when installing Windows 7 this time I had not backed it up. Hope this helps, Jim.

Thx for the reply.

I have done a clean install (and reformat of my HD) of Windows 7.

But my steps are okay or do I need to have a different order?

OK.

So if I'm correct the following steps I have to take:

1. Tick 'manualy manage' and click to 'erase and sync'

2. Disconnect iPhone

3. Authorize computer

4. Login into iTunes store

5. Connect iPhone

6. Transfer purchases

7. Copy music once more

Right?

Yes, that is what i done to get iTunes to take my iPhone without erasing it.

When you click Authorize Computer it will automatically ask u to login to the iTunes account.. you can Authorize up to 5 computers.

When it's Authorized it will take the iphone, then just sync as normal... it should work.. click transfer purchases to get all your apps across without it deleting those too.

Good luck.