Steam Mega Sale

Wish Da:o was 50% off :(

You still haven't bought it yet? I bought the Deluxe at full price and don't regret waiting one bit. Hit it up now if you can! :o

How is GRID? Is it a good game?

It's fun, but I'm not a big racing gamer so I wouldn't know just how good it is compared to other racing games. I liked it at least for what it's worth though.

You still haven't bought it yet? I bought the Deluxe at full price and don't regret waiting one bit. Hit it up now if you can! :o

Already completed it though I'd like to support the developers, if you know what I mean - I'm just strapped for cash at the moment.

Ah, gotcha.

Is it worth buying Dragon Age: Origins?

In my opinion: yes. It's one of the few great RPGs to have hit as of recently, that brings back the essence of games like Baldur's Gate. Been wanting a game like this for a while too. Voice acting is great, graphics not uber, but sufficient enough for you to really enjoy yourself and become immersed in the scenery. The gameplay is definitely there too, albeit hard, but we have enough easy-as-**** games, right? Requires some micromanagement at least if you want to make your way through well enough.

All in all, it's up to you. Just make up your mind quickly before your time's up.

Can't wait to see what further price drops they plan to make. :)

I'm out of town right now. Does anyone know how long this sell is going for? Thanks!

This particular sale goes on for another 35 hours I believe, then a new badge of discounts goes up - They do this for 5 days, if I understood it correctly.

Nevermind. I can get to the website on my phone. I'm debating getting the thq pack and batman but I already have too many damn games to play that I haven't gotten to yet!

Look at it this way: do you really want to be bored again should another game drought take place? This summer was bad enough. :p

That THQ pack is a good price, nothing I'd really want though (well, apart from Stalker, but I already bought that ages ago, and my step-father would like Red faction but they're not worth $50)

I was interested in FC2 when it was released, but what I've heard from people about that makes it seem like the AI's a bit cheap and some of the game play mechanics suck.

Its worth the $10. I had planned on buying a used copy at a black friday sale for the 360 but this changes it. Also want to get Batman. These prices are freaking amazing and the THQ deal is unbeatable.

How is GRID? Is it a good game?

It's more arcade'er than NFS:Shift. But good game nevertheless with bad AI. AI in GRID tend to rush and crash you but it's fun and has the "undo crash" function (limited tries each race), don't think NFS:shift have undo. I do have both and I tend to like Shift better.

I'm reallly loving STEAM much more each time they do these sales thing. It really helps since I'm a pensioner. Just got Batman and that $2 casual game. Already got many others that's on sale as well.

Edited by ozgeek

Man crap... thanks for the post about the THQ pack. I bought it. Lately steam has been eating a hole in my wallet... there are too many games I want to check out :p

I picked up the thq pack and Batman. For those asking.. Dragon Age is well worth it at the full price, so getting it on sale like this is a great deal. Even if you only played it through once you're looking at more than 60 hours of game play, and if you get all the dlc and do every quest it will probably be closer to 80 hours. Not many games can claim that much play time these days.

Can you not gift excess games through Steam anymore? I have several of the games in the THQ pack already that I would like to give to a friend so we can play together.. I could have sworn you used to be able to do this. I got doubles from the Orange Box and it let me. Nvm, after looking into gifting through steam some it appears that only applies to the orange box.

Edited by trag3dy

Yeah, it was only the OB unfortunately. Which is a shame really. I suppose it stops people from buying the packs to simply 'sell them off' to other users at a major profit.

I want to buy Company of Heroes.. but how will it be through Steam? Does Steam download it and give me a serial? Will it be dependent on Steam?

Yeah, it is a bit dependent on Steam, but I consider it a blessing. No worrying about keeping up with keys or discs, whether the discs are scratched, or swapping discs during install. No hunting for the game at different stores either, if the game is a bit more rare. Steam will keep up with all your games, and let you re-download and install them should you get a new computer. Ensures game files are functioning properly, updated, and not fragmented as well.

Overall, the only thing I'd worry about at all is making sure your Steam password is strong. :)

Thanks for the replies. I found this on the Steam forums:

I just purchased ToV via Steam this weekend. I have CoH and CoH OF retail copies.

I wanted to use my retail/relic account to play all the games:

Here is what I did to make it work:

1. Purchased ToV via Steam

2. Started the Download

3. Opened Regedit, navigated to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam\Users\%user number%\cdkeys\

Look for the key 20540 and write down that CD-key (Looks like this:xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx)

4. Open Retail CoH, choose add product or click on the new campaigns, enter Cd-Key

5. Go back to steam and stop download and remove the game from your list.

This way you can play via Relic online anddon't have to download the game again. It would be nice if Steam just gave me the Cd-key after I purchased it.

Not sure this helps everyone, but worked great for me!

Viper

Can anyone that has bought a non-Valve game confirm they have CD keys for their games there? That would be perfect.