Photo

Bandwidth Usage Gadget available?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 toin7

toin7

Neowinian

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:33

I'm looking for any gadget that will show my monthly Bandwidth usage as Comcast doesn't provide a bandwidth monitor even though it has a 250gb monthly limit. Anyone know of any gadgets that will do this? I don't mind if it requires software to be running in the systray to monitor the data usage as long as it is displayed in a gadget.

#2 Nightwind Hawk

Nightwind Hawk

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:37

I've always loved netmeter... http://www.softpedia.../NetMeter.shtml

very small app, just monitors your download and upload speed. gives you totals as well :)

#3 Halfalive

Halfalive

Neowinian

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:39

The Linksys customer firmware Tomato has a nice bandwidth monitor, that tracks daily, weekly, and monthly. That would be a good way to keep track, if you have a Linksys router that you could put it on.

#4 DigitalE

DigitalE

Tree Climber

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:50

The Linksys customer firmware Tomato has a nice bandwidth monitor, that tracks daily, weekly, and monthly. That would be a good way to keep track, if you have a Linksys router that you could put it on.

+1

That's what I use :)

#5 null_

null_

Removed

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:17

As mentioned before, you could use Tomato, or another firmware like DD-WRT which tracks bandwidth usage. I use DD-WRT myself and it works great for this purpose.

#6 ilev

ilev

Neowinian

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:24

Try http://www.trvx.com/itrafficmonitor

Attached Images

• network.png
  • net2.png

#7 OP toin7

toin7

Neowinian

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:01

I'm guessing none of these apps plug into Windows Gadgets? I already am using NetMeter, but was hoping for something that I could just up as a gadget in Windows to monitor at a glance instead of having to open up a window to view the statistics.

I know, lazy on my part. :p

#8 ivan300

ivan300

Neowinian

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:12

I'm guessing none of these apps plug into Windows Gadgets? I already am using NetMeter, but was hoping for something that I could just up as a gadget in Windows to monitor at a glance instead of having to open up a window to view the statistics.

I know, lazy on my part. :p

I know its not what you're looking for, but my favorite was Du Meter. Though its useless now since i got Tomato