Photo

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#121 Kyang

Kyang

Posted 01 September 2010 - 23:55

Yes, very much. I don't need a flashy UI with girly sparkles and rainbows jumping out at me. It's a computer. The interface should remain in the background relatively unseen. Plus I think the classic UI is far more "aesthetically pleasing" than all that silly glass stuff.

That being said XP was the last version Classic looked right in. The new menus and other features in Vista and 7 look like crap in classic mode because they clearly weren't designed around it. Big blank areas, misaligned buttons, etc.

Yes, for what's being touted as, "Glass" Aero isn't really all that transparent, but I still think it's more out of the way than grey borders by virtue of being translucent. :) .

#122 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 02 September 2010 - 00:01

ITT, old fogies rant on.

And, no, beyond XP, I don't care for it at all.

#123 ShMaunder

ShMaunder

Neowinian

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 02 September 2010 - 00:21

I love the classic theme. I use classic, doubled taskbar and quick launch which has served me really well for 4 years now.

I've also used both Vista / 7's aero to a extent but found myself switching back to classic on them as well. I just have a great love of a grey, boxy, sharp, pixel thin and functional working desktop with limited eye candy.

Not sure though that I like the Vista/7 classic theme as much as i do for xp (and yes, i still use xp, but not solely because of classic :p).

#124 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 02 September 2010 - 00:23

While Aero Glass is very pretty and has some very obvious technical advantages, there's still just something about the Windows Classic UI that I really like. I've recently been forced to use a very old PC that has Win2k installed, and I noticed how consistent everything looked in 2k.

Dunno if it's just me... Anyone still prefer to use Windows Classic UI on Win7, despite the technical limitations the UI has? (No hardware acceleration, etc.)

I hate Aero Glass. They could have made an improved classic UI without the need of so much eye candy. Simple and fast is always better.

#125 LiquidSolstice

LiquidSolstice

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 September 2010 - 00:58

I hate Aero Glass. They could have made an improved classic UI without the need of so much eye candy. Simple and fast is always better.

What are you not understanding about "Turning off Aero does NOT make things faster and Windows Classic is actually slower"?

#126 Frylock86

Frylock86

Stargate won't die!

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:19

Actually, running AERO improves system performance. ;)

#127 pphheerroonn

pphheerroonn

Neowinian

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:42

Really don't like the old UI at all. Just looks so depressing no matter what colour you change it to. The new aero style windows are nice. But more could be done to minimise the sapce taken up by the window and to provide more focus on the actual content.

#128 Del-Funky Smelly Be.

Del-Funky Smelly Be.

Neowinian

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:48

No way with classic.

#129 lalalawawawa

lalalawawawa

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:19

I love Aero. :p :wub: