Neowin Digital Gallery

Welcome to the Neowin photo gallery! Here you can post your pictures and discuss your photography techniques.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

I will also ask that you link to images on your own space, as much as possible.

Try to put more details from your camera settings and also talk about what you have done with photoshop.

There are a lot of photographers here that like your editing skills and would like to learn more.

The previous thread can be found here.

Thanks!

Those pictures are amazing. were those taken in toronto? if so i think i might want to visit there eventually.

Those pictures are amazing. were those taken in toronto? if so i think i might want to visit there eventually.

Well I hate to break it to you but in real life Toronto doesn't look like a bunch of circles/ovals. :D Probably still a good place to visit though!

I'd love aliens on their way to earth receive a broadcast of only o0moonman0o's photos. They'd think the world was some weird Bokeh paradise.

Nice pics btw!

Hey moonman, where do you buy those little soft light discs I see all the time in your photos? I think they are awesome.

Will I get them cheap if I buy in bulk like you do? It looks like they are reusable, is that correct or do you just buy LOTS and LOTS? How long does it take to set up, placing the discs all over the place? That one with the bench in the foreground must have taken you forever!!!111!

:laugh:

Seriously, though, the bench one is sweet.

oh god. moonman must run out of memory card space during christmas season due to all of the christmas lights.

lol!! i have like 40GB of cf cards! :p u better be prepared! HAHAHA

Can we at least have those small thumbs? I hate huge images and I hate scrolling. >_<

Nice as always btw. :D

:p thought they look better at large size hahaha :p get a bigger mon!!

yeah they are taken in toronto :p

Well I hate to break it to you but in real life Toronto doesn't look like a bunch of circles/ovals. :D Probably still a good place to visit though!

I'd love aliens on their way to earth receive a broadcast of only o0moonman0o's photos. They'd think the world was some weird Bokeh paradise.

Nice pics btw!

rofl @ alien comment :p

hey moonman.. by any chance is that place in Markham? maybe Downtown Markham? lol

part of it is unionville in markham, the other part is distillery district in downtown toronto!

Hey moonman, where do you buy those little soft light discs I see all the time in your photos? I think they are awesome.

Will I get them cheap if I buy in bulk like you do? It looks like they are reusable, is that correct or do you just buy LOTS and LOTS? How long does it take to set up, placing the discs all over the place? That one with the bench in the foreground must have taken you forever!!!111!

:laugh:

Seriously, though, the bench one is sweet.

i order them from outer space!mm.. bulk buy? :p anyone interested in group buy? :p it takes like uber long to setup, have to dangle each one of them individually! :p

It looks like Main St. Unionville. Downtown Markham is still largely under construction.

yes it's partly unionville and partly distillery district.

Can we at least have those small thumbs? I hate huge images and I hate scrolling. >_<

You're in the wrong thread then! Nothing wrong with vertical scrolling.

I hope I"m getting better...what do you guys think?

<snipped>

Well it is quite an improvement, keep taking photos, soon enough you'll know what settings feel right. (Sure you will still get it wrong sometimes but overall it'll improve).?

Another tip when taking photos, don't just stand there and zoom in and out, walk around.

Now, some of my stuff:

4147659269_8dff5b0633.jpg

4149388832_5312226b03.jpg

Hey there everyone... so obviously I'm new here... I was recommended this site by a friend, and I just thought i'd upload a few pictures and hope for some comments, (hopefully positive -in the form of constructive criticism-) I'm seventeen, still in highschool, and take pictures as a hobby if i'm bored of whatever else I am doing haha so here are a few...

and two more for now

post-313002-1259715557_thumb.jpg

post-313002-1259715592_thumb.jpg

post-313002-1259715618_thumb.jpg

post-313002-1259715728_thumb.jpg

post-313002-1259715753_thumb.jpg

i think it looks awesome!
take a screen shot. Moonman doesn't hand out compliments very often.

wow... can't believe my shot got commented by moonman himself.. really appreciate it :D.

Hey there everyone... so obviously I'm new here... I was recommended this site by a friend, and I just thought i'd upload a few pictures and hope for some comments, (hopefully positive -in the form of constructive criticism-) I'm seventeen, still in highschool, and take pictures as a hobby if i'm bored of whatever else I am doing haha so here are a few...

and two more for now

They look quite nice, but they all seem to be angled. IMHO I'd suggest correcting the angle so the horizon is horizontal otherwise it looks weird.

I really notice it in the 2 shots with a boat in them, the one of the boat and the one on the boat.

http://digital-photography-school.com/gett...zons-horizontal

Edited by Boifido

They look quite nice, but they all seem to be angled. IMHO I'd suggest correcting the angle so the horizon is horizontal otherwise it looks weird.

http://digital-photography-school.com/gett...zons-horizontal

Alright, yeah I see exactly what your saying, I can't believe I didn't notice that before, great advice, I appreciate it... I guess it just takes a new eye to notice some things haha, or maybe just an experienced one :p

Here are some more pictures, this upload consists of my cat/dog and a snake I found outside my house one day...

*oh and I just realized that the first picture of my cat is underexposed a bit... I didn't upload the 'edited' version but no biggie I guess.

post-313002-1259725055_thumb.jpg

post-313002-1259725067_thumb.jpg

post-313002-1259725078_thumb.jpg

post-313002-1259725090_thumb.jpg

post-313002-1259725104_thumb.jpg

post-313002-1259725129_thumb.jpg

post-313002-1259725143_thumb.jpg