Neowin Digital Gallery

They look quite nice, but they all seem to be angled. IMHO I'd suggest correcting the angle so the horizon is horizontal otherwise it looks weird.

I really notice it in the 2 shots with a boat in them, the one of the boat and the one on the boat.

http://digital-photography-school.com/gett...zons-horizontal

haha maybe I get subconsciously seasick whenever I see/am on a boat lol and accidentally angle my camera :p jks

@remus: Why don't you upload to flickr or picasa and post here with a link back? We'd really like to see your EXIF

Also, I agree those animal pics are good, I especially like the one with the dog on the pillow and the second cat one.

@remus: Why don't you upload to flickr or picasa and post here with a link back? We'd really like to see your EXIF

Also, I agree those animal pics are good, I especially like the one with the dog on the pillow and the second cat one.

Thanks very much, all of you. I appreciate any and all comments!!! I have to go to school now, but when I get home I will post the links here to my flickr account (I already have all the pics I posted on here on flickr... oh and many of those pics of the cat/dog were with an older lens and so it doesn't have the digital connections that allow you to see what aperture I shot at, but I remember so it's no biggie)

thanks again!

Very nice indeed.

What lens did you use, remus? EXIF doesn't tell much.

again school, crap gotta go LOL... but off the top of my head the snake one was with a 70-300 VR II uhm aperture was f/22 I believe... at 300mm focal length using D90... and the animal ones were a mixture of an older 50mm manual focus 1.4 (all shot at widest aperture) and a 105mm AIS 2.5 (all shot at widest aperture) I can give specifics when I get home!~!

I see. Btw, the photos you posted here do have EXIF info, they just don't tell what aperture and focal lens was used, hence why I asked. I guess it's because of the lens being old and all manual.

I see. Btw, the photos you posted here do have EXIF info, they just don't tell what aperture and focal lens was used, hence why I asked. I guess it's because of the lens being old and all manual.

smaller size for u ROFL!

4151669311_9ed1f17c63.jpg

alright so here is a direct link to my flickr set which includes those animal pictures that you saw earlier...

and also found there are these two pictures, which I would also like to share:

4041414860_beec8c39fb.jpg

The dog in this picture is actually one of the most vicious animals I have ever seen. It is used by my uncle to bring in the cows each day so he can milk... I definitely would not to meet this dog loose without my uncle near by.

4134270220_9b8a71a952.jpg

The title of this one is "The Alpha-Male" this was using my 105mm 2.5 on widest aperture (manual focus) my cat was actually running off the bed and so had to be quick with the focusing, it is off by tiny a bit but overall I think it still turned out alright...

4054024580_7f03714620.jpg

Here is a picture of my 105mm 2.5 AIS lens... as you can see there is fungus growth inside... I have killed it though, now all I need to do is have it cleaned, I have an uncle in Portugal who can take it all apart for me and clean it out free of charge, until then I don't think there will be any harm in using it, and most of the pictures you have seen of my cat/dog were using this lens in this condition and it obviously still takes decent pictures!!

Edit: I couldn't seem to get the thumbnail showing in this post... so I just left direct links for now... could anyone in fill me in how to post a picture directly from flickr with the thumbnail possibly showing here? I went to "Insert image" and typed in the URL there but this did not seem to work

EDIT#2: figured it out haha

Edited by remus_lupin

Good stuff. You have lots of cool and interesting photos in your flickr stream. Keep it up! :D

Thanks a lot!!! it's a hobby I am hoping to continue :)

3990478659_506b9c9297.jpg

This pic I like because for me it reminds me of the great food of the azores... The soil of Pico Island, Azores is volcanic, which basically means it is extremely rich in nutrients, and the food there, because of this, is to die for (IMO). And they are famous for grapes... hence the reason I took a picture of some random grapes while I was there last summer :p

4134545653_21f9450b95.jpg

I almost bought the cologne just for the bottle... the fact that it smelled great had me sold... and so here's a picture of its wicked looking bottle

4056042499_7d79c94a70.jpg

Halloween at school, for those of you who know your Shakespeare may realize that these two, in fact, are dressed up as Hamlet and Ophelia... Hamlet is carrying the skull of yorrick...

4020284591_2ed94f02f0.jpg

My cousin Dan, I always liked this picture... good expression maybe

4041362678_d073560f00.jpg

My brother James... not much to talk about in this picture, just converted to B&W (obv)

4081655949_f54c5fae9c.jpg

She is my second cousin.

4040599135_62304c4314.jpg

and another of my cousin Dan...

Oh, and I am not sure if it matters what kind of pics I post, is there a limit? I don't really know what sort of pics I should post just because I only really use my camera for taking family photos and then interesting things while I have it with me... so a lot of my pictures are just of things I see everyday... nothing I take is really meant to be "professional or have some sort of deeper meaning"... I see a lot of the pics everyone here posts and they all look so purposeful and well done... but again, since these are just everyday pics I am sure there can be a lot of constructive criticism found, which will hopefully allow me to take better pictures in the future for whatever purpose they may have. thanks in advance

Oh, and I am not sure if it matters what kind of pics I post, is there a limit? I don't really know what sort of pics I should post just because I only really use my camera for taking family photos and then interesting things while I have it with me... so a lot of my pictures are just of things I see everyday... nothing I take is really meant to be "professional or have some sort of deeper meaning"... I see a lot of the pics everyone here posts and they all look so purposeful and well done... but again, since these are just everyday pics I am sure there can be a lot of constructive criticism found, which will hopefully allow me to take better pictures in the future for whatever purpose they may have. thanks in advance

Great animal photos!

What I would suggest doing is linking your flickr pictures better. What you would do is click the insert image box on neowin and post your direct picture url into there. For example post this http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2537/413427..._9b8a71a952.jpg --- Then select the text and code created by highlighting it, then click the insert link button and post the actual flickr photo page link http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulofranco94/4134270220/ into there. That should create a picture as well as a clickable link.

In the end the code should look like this:

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulofranco94/4134270220/"][img=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2537/4134270220_9b8a71a952.jpg][/url]

Try doing a preview post of the code. It should function like this:

4088659257_561315aaae.jpg

Edited by Boifido

alright yeah I can definitely do that... let's test this out...

4020283589_6c4242699a.jpg

This pic I actually took as I was driving by, sometimes you just get lucky I guess haha :p

^Yes, that seems to work. As for what to post, feel free to share as much as you want, however try not to flood with, say, all your pictures of a trip, share what you consider worthy. You're starting right now so you have a lot of backcatalog to post, but you'll find that after that you'll start posting when you actually take more photos. Cheers.

Now, I'm sharing some too:

4150895611_24ac8af5c8.jpg

4154193486_fb4d90a054.jpg

^Yes, that seems to work. As for what to post, feel free to share as much as you want, however try not to flood with, say, all your pictures of a trip, share what you consider worthy. You're starting right now so you have a lot of backcatalog to post, but you'll find that after that you'll start posting when you actually take more photos. Cheers.

Nice pics and yeah I know what your sayin' well I took a pic earlier... it's not really anything special... I was going to try and do some pics like moonman... (obviously nowhere near as good, but I really like that general style) and I was going to take a few tonight, but as I was about to go out it started to rain so I couldn't... but I took this picture from inside (there is no real subject) I just put the lights slightly out of focus just to see what I would get... obviously going to be a work in progress, but hopefully this weekend I will get a chance to actually take some pics...so again, this was just a test just to see what the out of focus bokeh looked like...

4153492539_ff4a176d1d.jpg

I probably should have put it a bit more out of focus, one day I will try out a bunch of different things to see what looks best

4132005515_441d9fc28d.jpg

and here is a picture of my brother playing call of duty... he actually gets that intense, and no he did not know I was taking this picture lol

Edited by remus_lupin