Halo Reach Thread

First of all let me say a few things about the campaign. I think they really kind of cheated with the death of spartans. Jorge dies so stupidly and I really didn't feel a single thing. It was so sudden and unemotional. I don't know. Just wasn't really great.

Kat, dies with a sniper shot. Okay, that was a bit of a shocking moment and I felt bad. I felt most emotions about Kat and Noble 1 because they were the ones who actually had communication and talked the most in the game. We connect with them. Those 2 deaths were really done to get to us. One heroic and one shocking.. I didn't really feel emotional even when Noble 6 dies in the end. It was just stupid.

Here's my beef. I really expected Noble 6 to be master chief. The only one who survives and becomes master chief. Actually I wouldn't mind the way it ended for the whole Spartan team if we at least saw how Master Chief got into the whole thing. I really expected Reach to end where Halo begins and we see how Master Chief looks like in this new engine. I would be up cheering if I saw him at the end of this game.

But no.. it ended so plainly. Nothing. No bang, no master chief, nothing. Kortana is on board of Pillar of Autumn and that's it.

To be honest, what was the whole point of Kortana saying how she chose Noble 6. Chose for what? Wasn't that the thing about master chief. Kortana chose him. So natural assumption was that Noble 6 ends up being master chief.

Whatever the case, i really expected to see master chief and how he gets into the events of Halo 1.

I was really disappointing. Campaign felt more like preparation for Firefight than story based thing and homage to previous Halo games.

Well, it seems you never read the books nor cared to look into who you were playing in the game and who MC was.

Master Chief, or John Spartan-117, was a Spartan II from the initial batch of the Spartan Program. Noble 6 is a Spartan III, from an entirely different line of Spartans headed up not by Halsey but Ackerson. This is why the only spartan to say "Mom" was Jorge, because he was the only Spartan II of the group. It also explains why the Spartan III's had no comprehension of who Halsey was. Second, The ending of the game completely contradicts the book. The story was good, but in Fall of Reach the Pillar of Autumn and Cortana (yes, it is spelled with a "C" not a "K") were never on the surface during the Covenant attack. They were in orbit during the initial assault.

In all honesty, though, the game leads perfectly into the first game. There was really no "reason" for the MC and the Pillar of Autumn to go to Halo. It was a random vector jump that Cortana plotted via impulse at the interception of Covenant data while Reach was under assault. Their original orders were entirely different than the events of CE seeing as the attack on Reach was unexpected.

Well, Boz, I guess we're just going to have to disagree, because I didn't think any of the previous Halo games even had a good storyline. This one's is decent, just like the others. I fully get that major Halo fans are going to read the books and all that mumbo jumbo, but that doesn't change how good the GAMES' stories are. As far as the gameplay, the gameplay in Reach is far better than any of the other Halo games as far as I'm concerned, personally.

I agree with you on most aspects, but I don't agree on the music. I loved the music, which is really rare for a video game.

Random, but I think one of the things that impresses me so much about Reach is the atmosphere. The atmosphere in the previous Halo games were all absolute crap. The map designs were so bland -- inside buildings, there was literally nothing except a button on a wall and an elevator (in most). The buildings in this actually seem like they were inhabited, and most have a really unique design. It kinda reminded me of Half-Life 2 in that regard.

So, kudos to Bungie for taking what I've long considered one of the weakest aspects of Halo and making it into one of the best.

The game was overall uninspiring. Bland story, bland graphics and bland music. This wasn't a hot ride. Given that the 360 is now five years old the graphical limitations are to be expected. And I completely agree on map design; some of their worst! Most if not all of the missions were multi-player maps, which felt cheap. The over all design was quite spartan :p And funny you mention Half-Life 2, there were moments where I wondered what game I was playing and began looking for a crow bar.

Bigger rant on overall game design and mechanics: I've been playing way to much Crysis so far, and love what Crytek did with their power suit. That being said it would have been great if Bungie adopted a similar approach to suit powers instead of equipment power-ups. There were moments where I wanted to simply dash and then jump and fly. That would have been great and I would have appreciated it if sprint or dash had become a standard power.

Well, it seems you never read the books nor cared to look into who you were playing in the game and who MC was.

In all honesty, though, the game leads perfectly into the first game. There was really no "reason" for the MC and the Pillar of Autumn to go to Halo. It was a random vector jump that Cortana plotted via impulse at the interception of Covenant data while Reach was under assault. Their original orders were entirely different than the events of CE seeing as the attack on Reach was unexpected.

No Keyes loop or massive armada fight above Reach; the original book puts the game to shame. I don't know what changes have been made to the current book, but having read the original years ago I was anticipating an epic story and received a stroll in the park that made no sense to what had previously been published.

It was good to hear Capt Keyes again though I didn't like his overall design update as he looked too young.

Why no Foehammer love Bungie? Seriously? And Johnson? This should have been a grand'ole class reunion!

SP: 6/10.

Soon to start up xbox live.

It's so sad, every major event in the game is done so badly and you really wonder what kind of monkeys were responsible for the directing of the game's various scenes. There's so many possibilities in this game, where Bungie could add some sweet music and do some very cinematic events, get that epic feel going - bit like that trailer released a while back ( Deliver hope ). But everything is done so badly, so rushed. Some cheap psychedelic bongo-crap music and a feel like they just needed to get 'the scene over with'. The rest of the game is just a bland adventure with such a weak telling of the story, then you basically just move from area X to Y, clear area, activate something, move on.

To make it clear; not bashing the story, that's not the issue. The issue is whoever at Bungie responsible for directing it all must be blind and deaf.

Have not finished the campaign yet, but I was really disappointed to hear that it is only 8-10 hours long. Seems games are only devoted towards multiplayer these days while all the single co-op players are left behind. Even COD MW2 was not geared towards single players.

Looking forward to the next Fallout, Mass Effect, and Gears as these games still seem to offer good single player options and campaigns.

For me, I won't ever use MW2 as a comparison for poor multiplayer, I will now use Reach :laugh: Multiplayer in this game is probably the most terribly terrifying hunk of junk ever created by man.

- Weapon damage? Non-existent, they are only there to shoot out the shield in a 30 seconds duel only to end with a melee kill. Obviously sprinkled with a few insta-kill weapons just to give random players the ability to get free kills.

- Grenades are useless, guess that is part of the above

- Hit detection must be the worst detection system since Bad Company 1 or Headshots aren't actually made by shooting the head, just random body parts - Like a sort of "crit" system.

- Lobby system is laughable at best, COUNTDOWN-O-MATIC and then you end up playing game-modes you wouldn't even consider to save your life - Always hated that crappy Halo vote system (N)

- Sprint + That lame ass energy sword, what retard at Bungie thought that was a good idea?

- Assassinations, yes they are fun for 0.5 of a second but then it just gets pathetic, ESPECIALLY in a game like this.

I just can't fathom why it's so attractive about having to shoot people a MILLION times, it's SO frustrating! Whenever there's two enemies and only you, no need to bother because you can't win that situation unless you have a free-kill combo ( Rocket launcher etc. ) or they make some serious mistakes ( i.e. being very green ). This game is either made for people very insecure of themselves online, always knowing the game will hold your hand most of the way or very slow thinkers because you certainly don't have to think fast whatsoever, it's made for senior citizens, so much leniency.

Why are there even normal weapons in Halo?

Story is weak and shallow; characters are never flushed out nor is any sense of purpose established in moving from point a to b, you just do it. Most of the new weapons are pointless particularly on the Covenant end.

What was Bungie thinking? Granted FPS's can only do so much, however in terms of presentation this is the weakest of all six installments. Reach has the prettiest coat of paint but there is nothing running under the hood.

What was Bungie thinking? Granted FPS's can only do so much, however in terms of presentation this is the weakest of all six installments. Reach has the prettiest coat of paint but there is nothing running under the hood.

I sort-of agree - I'd say this game has the most under the hood of all the games as it's basically a mash of everything Bungie ever did. Problem is, it's stale as hell. Gameplay is like a virtual depression now and everything is so bland, like licking air.

I just can't fathom why it's so attractive about having to shoot people a MILLION times, it's SO frustrating! Whenever there's two enemies and only you, no need to bother because you can't win that situation unless you have a free-kill combo ( Rocket launcher etc. ) or they make some serious mistakes ( i.e. being very green ). This game is either made for people very insecure of themselves online, always knowing the game will hold your hand most of the way or very slow thinkers because you certainly don't have to think fast whatsoever, it's made for senior citizens, so much leniency.

Why are there even normal weapons in Halo?

:laugh: But Halo has always been like that, you first take down shields and then score a kill (unless you have rockets snipers etc). It is perfectly possible to "win a situation" of two enemies, how is that different from other games? I haven't started MP on Reach yet but going by beta, it hasn't changed much from Halo:CE in terms of basic mechanics of killing a player with rechargeable shield.

I actually prefer this way to MW2 (as an example) unbalanced weapon system where a guy has better weapons than me just because I started later than him (or don't play as often).

:laugh: But Halo has always been like that, you first take down shields and then score a kill (unless you have rockets snipers etc). It is perfectly possible to "win a situation" of two enemies, how is that different from other games? I haven't started MP on Reach yet but going by beta, it hasn't changed much from Halo:CE in terms of basic mechanics of killing a player with rechargeable shield.

I actually prefer this way to MW2 (as an example) unbalanced weapon system where a guy has better weapons than me just because I started later than him (or don't play as often).

At least the Call of Duty series allow you to pick a game-mode ( Soft / Hardcore ) Secondly, the "Better weapons, higher rank" thing is complete and utter BS. The best weapons are unlocked from the very beginning, the ones you unlock at the later levels just decrease in stats and are mainly there for variation. Also, at least in Call of Duty, even in Softcore your enemy dies fairly quickly so in a situation where you have the advantage you can quite easily come out on top. In Reach ( i.e. all Halo games ), as soon as there's more than one your chances go to the toilet and as soon as you lose the element of surprise you are truly boned. I've even seen some fantastic players on the enemy team be completely useless in situation where they are outnumbered 2:1 because it's nearly impossible to overcome two players due to the crappy shield / health system.

And yes, you are right - Halo has always been like that but I never played much Halo MP because it sucked. Especially now after playing e.g. Call of Duty 4, it stands out that much more and becomes so much more frustrating.

MW2 was a disaster, it was a horrifying game and the multiplayer was based on random luck and chance - Nothing else. It was a disgusting way to build on CoD 4. Which is why it amazes me to have found a multiplayer game that is worse.

At least the Call of Duty series allow you to pick a game-mode ( Soft / Hardcore ) Secondly, the "Better weapons, higher rank" thing is complete and utter BS. The best weapons are unlocked from the very beginning, the ones you unlock at the later levels just decrease in stats and are mainly there for variation. Also, at least in Call of Duty, even in Softcore your enemy dies fairly quickly so in a situation where you have the advantage you can quite easily come out on top. In Reach ( i.e. all Halo games ), as soon as there's more than one your chances go to the toilet and as soon as you lose the element of surprise you are truly boned. I've even seen some fantastic players on the enemy team be completely useless in situation where they are outnumbered 2:1 because it's nearly impossible to overcome two players due to the crappy shield / health system.

And yes, you are right - Halo has always been like that but I never played much Halo MP because it sucked. Especially now after playing e.g. Call of Duty 4, it stands out that much more and becomes so much more frustrating.

MW2 was a disaster, it was a horrifying game and the multiplayer was based on random luck and chance - Nothing else. It was a disgusting way to build on CoD 4. Which is why it amazes me to have found a multiplayer game that is worse.

No different than Arena and standard playlists or perhaps SWAT vs. Slayer. Not really sure what your complaint is there. Speed does not necessarily make the game any less interesting and your chances against 2 people are entirely fine unless you play poorly or they play smart. Even in CoD you'll lose if two players are being smart about dealing with you. It seems your point of view is based entirely on the fact you can't deal with long kill times. That is up to you but honestly no reason to hate on the game.

No different than Arena and standard playlists or perhaps SWAT vs. Slayer. Not really sure what your complaint is there. Speed does not necessarily make the game any less interesting and your chances against 2 people are entirely fine unless you play poorly or they play smart. Even in CoD you'll lose if two players are being smart about dealing with you. It seems your point of view is based entirely on the fact you can't deal with long kill times. That is up to but honestly no reason to hate on the game.

The maps are poor as hell, way too open or just a massive melee cluster****, way too bland and there's little to no tactical gameplay involved ( Standing in a corner with the energy sword isn't really tactics ) or anything that can be used to your advantage. Add the shields crap, weak ass weapons and the fact a skilled player can do little to improve his chances in 2:1 because of the TERRIBLE hit detection - Then adds to an overall poor product, worst MP experience in years. Plenty of reason to hate on the game, even a lot of my friends joined that hate train over the last few days.

And yes, two players ganging up on you in any game will leave you at a disadvantage but not as much as in Halo - Because headshots are impossible to get apparently, I tried and even hit the helmet square on and nothing happened. Then you can start the classic Jump, shoot, throw all your grenades and hope for the best manoeuvre which is the ONLY thing you EVER see people do in Halo - It's so sad :laugh: At least in other games you can use the map, the game's features or tactical knowledge to your advantage, not in Halo. When I meet a skilled player that is able to counter a 2-man attack in Halo with ease I'll come back and take it back but that hasn't happened in any of the Halo games I've played, only on those random headshots or because they had the easy-kill weapons and sometimes because the enemies he was facing couldn't hit for sh ... Under normal circumstances it's almost impossible.

Halo multiplayer is all about slow, forgiving gameplay and I guess that's a great polar opposite of the usual competitive multiplayer where player abilities and reaction times win the day.

The maps are poor as hell, way too open or just a massive melee cluster****, way too bland and there's little to no tactical gameplay involved ( Standing in a corner with the energy sword isn't really tactics ) or anything that can be used to your advantage. Add the shields crap, weak ass weapons and the fact a skilled player can do little to improve his chances in 2:1 because of the TERRIBLE hit detection - Then adds to an overall poor product, worst MP experience in years. Plenty of reason to hate on the game, even a lot of my friends joined that hate train over the last few days.

And yes, two players ganging up on you in any game will leave you at a disadvantage but not as much as in Halo - Because headshots are impossible to get apparently, I tried and even hit the helmet square on and nothing happened. Then you can start the classic Jump, shoot, throw all your grenades and hope for the best manoeuvre which is the ONLY thing you EVER see people do in Halo - It's so sad :laugh: At least in other games you can use the map, the game's features or tactical knowledge to your advantage, not in Halo. When I meet a skilled player that is able to counter a 2-man attack in Halo with ease I'll come back and take it back but that hasn't happened in any of the Halo games I've played, only on those random headshots or because they had the easy-kill weapons and sometimes because the enemies he was facing couldn't hit for sh ... Under normal circumstances it's almost impossible.

Halo multiplayer is all about slow, forgiving gameplay and I guess that's a great polar opposite of the usual competitive multiplayer where player abilities and reaction times win the day.

Only thing I agree with ya about is maps. **** poor selection and with nearly half the maps being based in Forge-world. That's just about as bad as MW2 map packs and with some many maps being based upon or remakes of former (great maps), it really is poor.

Don't get what you mean by hit detection. I have zero problems hitting anyone with any weapon and it doesn't take but 2-5 seconds to kill anyone. If it's possible and you have the time. Please upload a few videos to your fileshare and tell us names so we can search and watch and figure out what ya mean.

The maps are poor as hell, way too open or just a massive melee cluster****, way too bland and there's little to no tactical gameplay involved or anything that can be used to your advantage. Add the shields crap, weak ass weapons and the fact a skilled player can do little to improve his chance because of the TERRIBLE hit detection - Then adds to an overall poor product, worst MP experience in years. Plenty of reason to hate on the game, even a lot of my friends joined that hate train over the last few days.

Well, to me who has played this game and every iteration of it I just hear someone who hasn't played the game long enough to understand the nuances of its playstyle. Everything you have listed is, again, entirely opinionated and in no way a reason to say it sucks. You may not like it, but don't assume the game sucks cause you can't deal with the differences between it and other shooters. The hit detection is superb, but I might choke some of your poor experiences to be the issues present in Halo 3 due to it not being hitscan. Halo 3's hit detection was poor compared to Halo 2 and Reach. Of course you aren't that new to the Halo universe. People who hate Halo cause its different than other shooters. It isn't fast like other shooters, it doesn't play to twitch like other shooters, melee is a bigger part than in other shooters, etc. But it is your choice to not give the game even the slightest of chances as it seems you are dead set on doing exactly the opposite.

Then stop running in alone. If you don't like dying when you are outnumbered, play as a team and go in with a buddy. Halo 3 and Reach put emphasis on team play and if you love to lone-wolf it against other good players than Reach isn't going to make things nice and easy for you. Second I ask if you know how the bloom works in the game. Spamming your gun will screw up your shot. Slow you finger down and maybe some headshots will show up (only gun I've had difficulty getting headshots with is the pistol; needle rifle, sniper and DMR seem to work fine).

BTW, it is not surprising you see a lot of poor gameplay choices when the game JUST CAME OUT. Seeing that many of the people playing Reach also haven't ever played Halo before or are still adjusting to the differences. You are so ready to hate the game you don't even consider other reasons for why things are happening. BTW - I have already had games where I was easily able to counter two players, if not three or four. I still see your complaints as ignorance more than actual experience. You initial complaint was just the number of times you had to shoot someone, which has nothing to do with the game being good or bad. IF that was the first thing to pop into your head I doubt the rest of the experience was good for you regardless of whether or not the game was operating properly.

Besides, comparing Halo to MW2 is just wrong in the first place.

Only thing I agree with ya about is maps. **** poor selection and with nearly half the maps being based in Forge-world. That's just about as bad as MW2 map packs and with some many maps being based upon or remakes of former (great maps), it really is poor.

Don't get what you mean by hit detection. I have zero problems hitting anyone with any weapon and it doesn't take but 2-5 seconds to kill anyone. If it's possible and you have the time. Please upload a few videos to your fileshare and tell us names so we can search and watch and figure out what ya mean.

Seems like they are just relying on the community to keep it afloat and they just teased with a bunch of bad maps.

I won't be going through a bunch of old games, would take a million years to find those golden moments but I will definitely keep it in mind and upload a video or two when it happens. Just gets tiresome after a while to just blast bullets into the head of your opponent with a rifle or even a DMR / Needler Rifle and then you die 3 seconds later by a headshot from the guy. It seems there is little correlation between any of it.

They could somewhat salvage the game for me by adding the equivalent to Hardcore mode on a permanent rotation, no voting crap - Doesn't even have to be like Hardcore in other games, just remove the shields perhaps and that's it - God it could actually be good.

I did enjoy SWAT where the Hit Detection does seem to work (?) but it's still a far cry from what I want to play.

They could somewhat salvage the game for me by adding the equivalent to Hardcore mode on a permanent rotation, no voting crap - Doesn't even have to be like Hardcore in other games, just remove the shields perhaps and that's it - God it could actually be good.

I did enjoy SWAT where the Hit Detection does seem to work (?) but it's still a far cry from what I want to play.

Fairly certain, SWAT is the "hardcore" mode of Halo and has been and will be. Wouldn't hold your breath for that, though I do wish a playlist without armor abilities and maybe one without voting or vetoing. Big Team Battle should just be called, Big Team Slayer. Only way we've been able to get in some CTF games is 8 of us and if we vote for the bottom third option and the other 8 vote for one of the two above us, those get selected.

Everything you have listed is, again, entirely opinionated and in no way a reason to say it sucks.

It gives him every right. It's his opinion to say something sucks based on his criteria. Not yours, not mine, not anyone else's. Disagree with it, all you want but please don't say he can't do/say X thing because it's just his opinion when you yourself turn around and say opinionated things. :)

Well, to me who has played this game and every iteration of it I just hear someone who hasn't played the game long enough to understand the nuances of its playstyle. Everything you have listed is, again, entirely opinionated and in no way a reason to say it sucks. You may not like it, but don't assume the game sucks cause you can't deal with the differences between it and other shooters. The hit detection is superb, but I might choke some of your poor experiences to be the issues present in Halo 3 due to it not being hitscan. Halo 3's hit detection was poor compared to Halo 2 and Reach. Of course you aren't that new to the Halo universe. People who hate Halo cause its different than other shooters. It isn't fast like other shooters, it doesn't play to twitch like other shooters, melee is a bigger part than in other shooters, etc. But it is your choice to not give the game even the slightest of chances as it seems you are dead set on doing exactly the opposite.

I also played every iteration ( except ODST ) and back in the day, the game was good - Why? Because the competition couldn't keep up. Back then, it was like a freshly baked bread and they just let that bread sit for too long and now it has gone bad.

As you mention, everything I list is an opinion thus I can say the game sucks because ... are you ready for it, IT'S AN OPINION. None of what you or I say is a fact. I bought an Xbox to play Halo, bought Halo 2 on launch and purchased Live subscription to play. Got Halo 3 on launch and completed it on legendary with a friend and proceeded to play a sea of playlists with a friend in a desperate attempt to give it a try. Now I buy Halo: Reach on launch, play it for hours and hours, even spend time giving my opinion on a forum and you say I don't give it any chances? You have to be taking the **** mate. Seems like you a dead set on defending the game to the hilt. Oh and I just bought Bungie Pro today after spending 3 hours in Forge - Yes, I'm really not giving it a chance :rolleyes:

Then stop running in alone. If you don't like dying when you are outnumbered, play as a team and go in with a buddy. Halo 3 and Reach put emphasis on team play and if you love to lone-wolf it against other good players than Reach isn't going to make things nice and easy for you. Second I ask if you know how the bloom works in the game. Spamming your gun will screw up your shot. Slow you finger down and maybe some headshots will show up (only gun I've had difficulty getting headshots with is the pistol; needle rifle, sniper and DMR seem to work fine).

BTW, it is not surprising you see a lot of poor gameplay choices when the game JUST CAME OUT. Seeing that many of the people playing Reach also haven't ever played Halo before or are still adjusting to the differences. You are so ready to hate the game you don't even consider other reasons for why things are happening. BTW - I have already had games where I was easily able to counter two players, if not three or four. I still see your complaints as ignorance more than actual experience. You initial complaint was just the number of times you had to shoot someone, which has nothing to do with the game being good or bad. IF that was the first thing to pop into your head I doubt the rest of the experience was good for you regardless of whether or not the game was operating properly.

Besides, comparing Halo to MW2 is just wrong in the first place.

Don't start lecturing me on FPS games, you'd be surprised about my background in them. I appreciate the teamwork aspect but it's a dead-duck method on how to force teamwork - Instead of creating great gameplay that entices you to work together, they create a system that FORCES you to work together. So I'd in 9/10 cases have to follow a bunch of players around like a little puppy because most players I've seen won't wait nor have the ability to cover your back or use their microphones. Yes, forcing teamwork with randoms on live is about the dumbest thing you can do, especially for us Europeans where finding a person that speaks, isn't in a Party and also speaks English is like winning the lottery.

So like my early-preview, you are just defending the game because you are a bit biased - Which is fine, but don't start this BS like I've never played an FPS or a Halo game before.

Fairly certain, SWAT is the "hardcore" mode of Halo and has been and will be. Wouldn't hold your breath for that, though I do wish a playlist without armor abilities and maybe one without voting or vetoing. Big Team Battle should just be called, Big Team Slayer. Only way we've been able to get in some CTF games is 8 of us and if we vote for the bottom third option and the other 8 vote for one of the two above us, those get selected.

It's a shame as SWAT seems more like a 'fun for the sake of it' mode, rather than a core mode I'd play - So do most modes, like a sort of variation. Bungie should really change how the playlist works, add more choices and lose all the voting and craziness if players don't want it. Then it would be so much harder to hate the game :) Also why I'm so much more annoyed, most games have problem at the core level meaning it won't change - Halo could be a good game with a TINY addition by Bungie yet it has never happened, it's just frustrating. Then you are stuck with crappy gamemodes. ( No, this isn't my only problem with the game - For the daft who didn't bother to read, it'll just push the game up enough to be 'playable'. Game still has issues. )

Big Team Battle should just be called, Big Team Slayer. Only way we've been able to get in some CTF games is 8 of us and if we vote for the bottom third option and the other 8 vote for one of the two above us, those get selected.

Big team battle has always been a disappointing matchmaking set, I don't know why they would try to lump swat on medium indoor levels and CTF on large outdoor levels together but chances are people are interested in one or the other, not both. They should narrow the matchmaking categories and then allow you to queue for multiple so that if you want a broader range of modes or game sizes it would give you variety without requiring everyone else to play the amount of variety that is required now, or they could just give us the damn custom game search already.

It gives him every right. It's his opinion to say something sucks based on his criteria. Not yours, not mine, not anyone else's. Disagree with it, all you want but please don't say he can't do/say X thing because it's just his opinion when you yourself turn around and say opinionated things. :)

He isn't saying "the game sucks in my opinion". He is makiing an objective judgment that the game sucks from his opinions. The game has no clear problems, therefore it isn't a bad game but a game he doesn't like.

And I'm not sure what you mean with your analogy. Some people can eat the same bread their entire lives and never get tired of it. To others it can get pretty bland quickly. To me, Halo is a bread I can eat forever regardless of it changing or not. That may just not be the case for Sethos. I'm also not lecturing you, I'm giving you the options available. My background is pretty FPS heavy to (Goldeneye, Battlelfied 1942/2/Bad Company), Counterstrike CS1.6 and Source, Half Life 1/2, Quake III and IV, UT2k4, FEAR 1/2 and all the Halo games and I like all of them for the specific reasons. I think I have yet to run into a shooter I really absolutely think was a BAD game. Yet still I disagree with your observations and find them an exaggeration.