[UK] E4 Skins

What? They replace the cast every two season! I'm so upset.

Yeah they do that and IMO the second generation was the best

Yeah they do that and IMO the second generation was the best

First > Second > Third

You only say second was the best because of Naomi/Emily! :p

Is there a soundtrack for the show that contains the theme song? I found a "Series 1" complilation album on iTunes, but I don't want those songs. I'm more interested in the theme song and the original "background" music.

Is there a soundtrack for the show that contains the theme song? I found a "Series 1" complilation album on iTunes, but I don't want those songs. I'm more interested in the theme song and the original "background" music.

A soundtrack, no, the guys soundclocd with all intro music downloads available for free, yes.

https://soundcloud.com/segal

(The DVDs have extended versions and there is an origial song all the intros are based on which sounds absolutely nothing like the intros, scan youtube for it)

A soundtrack, no, the guys soundclocd with all intro music downloads available for free, yes.

https://soundcloud.com/segal

(The DVDs have extended versions and there is an origial song all the intros are based on which sounds absolutely nothing like the intros, scan youtube for it)

Thanks for the link! :)

• 2 weeks later...

'Skins Pure' by Bryan Elsley

Cassie (Hannah Murray) is adrift, alone and invisible in London, trying to make sense of her life. Slowly she realises that someone is following her. Cassie turns towards the unknown. A strange and poignant friendship is carved out of mutual loneliness, but can it survive exposure to the real world?

'Skins Rise' by Jamie Brittain

Cook (Jack O'Connell) has a job delivering drugs to Manchester Revellers. When he is asked to help his employer's girlfriend find a house and finds that he is irresistibly attracted to her, he sets off a train of events which will lead him into a world of savage revenge and a confrontation with his own violent past.

'Skins Fire' by Jess Brittain

Effy (Kaya Scodelario) has a dead end job as a receptionist for a leading London Hedge Fund. But as she stumbles across crucial financial information relating to a troubled deal and embarks on an affair with her wealthy boss, she finds out that she has bitten off more than she can chew. Her flatmate Naomi (Lily Loveless) tries to stop Effy from ruining her life, but Effy cannot be reached; until tragedy strikes.

Hopefully this should be good, shame that more of the previous characters couldn't sign onto it.

Hopefully this should be good, shame that more of the previous characters couldn't sign onto it.

Yeah I can't wait to see my favourite generation again (or more just nemily ;) )

• 1 month later...

Just finished the 3rd season and a few eps into the 4th season. I've been enjoying the 4th season so far a lot more because the story lines are a bit more complex. My impression of the 3rd season:

That guy Freddie is a total ****. The show tries to pertray him as the protagonist in the love triangle between him, Cook, and Effy but from what I can tell that guy is just a ****. He is all "I love Effy so therefore I'm going to hate her BF Cook because Effy really loves me." Then, at the last ep when Effy and Freddie get together he's all telling Cook that they should be friends now and just get over it. Well **** that guy. I'm not a fan of Cook (the show makes him a hard character to like) but I feel bad for him in regards to how that all turned out. IMO Effy was perfect for Cook because they both had about the same moral standards in regards to drugs, drinking, and sleeping around.

• 4 weeks later...

That was a good season (Y)

I did really like what the writers did. They made you hate Cook at first, but he redeemed himself. He ended up being my favorite character because he was anything but a phony. My wife liked JJ. Effy irritated me. I knew too many girls like Effy in high school. Effy seems like someone who will "develop" fibromyalgia in her 20's and live off drugs and disability benefits.

I did really like what the writers did. They made you hate Cook at first, but he redeemed himself. He ended up being my favorite character because he was anything but a phony. My wife liked JJ. Effy irritated me. I knew too many girls like Effy in high school. Effy seems like someone who will "develop" fibromyalgia in her 20's and live off drugs and disability benefits.

This is why I liked that generation...

95.png

Naomi deserved better than confused, immature Emily (IMHO). I like the morals of the show. They align with my own in terms of how I view homosexuality, drugs, and mental health facilities. There is a balance with drugs, and the show demonstrates how it effects different people differently. Effy's depression was obviously more about her abuse of drugs going back to her teeniebopper years than Tony getting hit by a bus and her weird relationships.

Only a month and a half or so till the final series :p.

I do agree, the shows general construction and whatnot is pretty good.

Only a month and a half or so till the final series :p.

I can't wait but then it'll be over and I'll be sad :(

I can't wait but then it'll be over and I'll be sad :(

Well look at it another way - they limited each set of cast to 2 series and this final 'episode', so unlike other shows, they haven't been able to mess the shows up and made them not worth watching ;). Well, I hope they haven't...

Well look at it another way - they limited each set of cast to 2 series and this final 'episode', so unlike other shows, they haven't been able to mess the shows up and made them not worth watching ;). Well, I hope they haven't...

Yeah plus the original cast's returning is always good and a good way to wrap everything up

Is a new series starting?

Yes series 7 which consists of 3 episodes starts in july.

It's not a new cast or whatnot, each continues from where series 2, 4 and 6 left off individually and signifies the end of skins on channel 4 completely though they might do a film or something apparently.

Yes series 7 which consists of 3 episodes starts in july.

It's not a new cast or whatnot, each continues from where series 2, 4 and 6 left off individually and signifies the end of skins on channel 4 completely though they might do a film or something apparently.

Oh shame its ending thanks for the heads up.

It's sad when good shows like this end, but I like finality as oppose to being yanked off the air before wrapping up the story. With the exception to the ending of Lost...