• Sophos
    • Symantec (Corporate)
    • Trend
    • VBA32
    • Zone
    • Microsoft Security Essentials
    • Other (please specify)

Question

An updated "Best Antivirus" for 2010. Please use this as a reference when researching antivirus utilities. As time goes on, the poll can be updated to add further options.

Happy Voting.

I am likeing Symantec again, no longer are they the bloated system crippler they once were, however I still use at 3 different Live CD Av scanners on top of that just to be safe

I've voted for Microsoft Security Essentials, but I have a quick question; why is Windows Live OneCare on that list, when Microsoft have discontinued it and replaced it with MSE?

I have no AV installed at all :) can't slow down PC however, I've tightened all INs and OUTs security via Firewall. All experimental stuff is done on VirtualPC. Like they do in airports, point of entry to your computer is the point of highest security threat.

But anyways, if I really had to go for AV (for some odd reasons, NOD32 here)

I like avira and now that avast! 5 beta came out I have been using that since oct and I would say its a tie between Avira and the latest beta of avast! 5 beta. Plus any antivirus I use I also use Malwarebytes with it.

With that combination I have been putting on customers computers for some time now and have had no complaints since, unlike avg and other antivirus.

Edited by alpha2beta

Hmm, this is starting to look like a runaway victory already for Microsoft Secutiry Essentials

Voted.

I've never used MSE - I might give it a go when my Norton 360 subscription expires in like 8 months. xD

I've never used an anti-virus and have never gotten infected. It's really not so hard to avoid.

However, I am a computer technician and when a PC comes in with a virus, MBAM seems to be the best. I've tried about 10 other AVs and MBAM always seems to do the trick.

I've never used an anti-virus and have never gotten infected. It's really not so hard to avoid.

Exactly.

When I do repair some infection on other's computer, I do multiple antivirus removal-tool flood attack :p one fails, go for another, then another till its fixed. Removal tools are better then actually installing whole AV software. When all is secured, I add Firewall with Antispyware built-in + Virtual PC/Box for new app testing etc. This is all that prevents another infection... does it not?

My subs for Kaspersky - which served me well for 2 years - expired so I downloaded and am using Avast 5 Beta 3. So far so good.

However I shall be installing MSE if Avast 5 starts to play up or I get infected.