• Sophos
    • Symantec (Corporate)
    • Trend
    • VBA32
    • Zone
    • Microsoft Security Essentials
    • Other (please specify)

Question

An updated "Best Antivirus" for 2010. Please use this as a reference when researching antivirus utilities. As time goes on, the poll can be updated to add further options.

Happy Voting.

MSE for me for a while now. It's kinda scary to see so many people praising Microsoft, im not used to that on this board lol.

Perhaps I should use Microsoft Security Essentials rather than Kaspersky? I have to admit that I am surprised at all of the rave reviews within this thread; I did not think that MSE was this well-liked

My favourite has always been Avira. I have the majority of a 2 year license running on my Desktop - but with all this love for MSE, I may have to give it a try. Is it really that good?

my votes for avast right now, its been working good, fast, and good detection

though lately they did put out some bad definitions that flagged almost everything as a virus

avast! antivirus though in the end there is no such thing as the 'Best Antivirus'. It all depends on what you're doing with that computer. For most users (myself included) a decent antivirus software plus the Windows Firewall is more than enough. I see no reason on installing that much software for extra protection. Extra protection from what?

If you're just going to read the news and watch a trailer on the internet, why waste your resources with Comodo or any other 3rd party software? I guess people tend to install things they actually don't need because the so called 'experienced users' told them to do so or they just overheard them talking about it. They never took the chance to see if they indeed need it or not. Sad but so true.

My favourite has always been Avira. I have the majority of a 2 year license running on my Desktop - but with all this love for MSE, I may have to give it a try. Is it really that good?

Not really, in my opinion at least. I switched back to Avira after using MSE for a week. I guess it's due to personal preference and the AV-Comparatives results which always showed that Avira had a respectable detection rate (I could deal with the false positives which happen to occur only once on my system).

Perhaps I should use Microsoft Security Essentials rather than Kaspersky? I have to admit that I am surprised at all of the rave reviews within this thread; I did not think that MSE was this well-liked

I have used Kaspersky and I liked it but MSE is much better for me. I recommend it to everyone I know.

Just for the record,... Today I've uninstalled MSE and installed Norton AV 2010 Trial. 1 Virus found which Avast and MSE didn't found ... Just for the record... I'll think about Norton and get myself some subscription

Used to use NOD32 exclusively. Great software, just got tired of paying for it. Switched to Microsoft Security Essentials during the beta. I love it. Light weight, quick scans, stays up-to-date, and it's free. Plus it's made by Microsoft, I'd figure nobody knows the operating system better.

Currently on my Windows machine i am using the Microsoft Security essentials anti virus and it seams to be doing the job rather well.

MSSE is free and fast . I don't really care about how many percent of virus/trojan it can catch.

with the knowledge, I just care about the usb from my friends . So this one is suit :D