Radioactive Chicken?!

Whenever I make salads i put chicken in them. The chicken that I get to put in there is precooked so you can just put it in the microwave and then eat it and it's made by Tyson. So I put it on a plate and then put it in the microwave and start cooking it. Then the chicken starts sparking! WTF?!

Why the hell is my chicken sparking? Have other people experienced the horror of thinking your microwave will blow up just because you want to enjoy some deliciously preserved pre cooked chicken?

It's probably some kind of nasty impurity you've got in your chicken there. :p

Methinks you need some higher quality meat.

I'm almost positive that I didn't, and this has happened with other bags of Tyson chicken. I am never buying chicken from them again.

Only pointed metal will spark in a microwave. That's why a spoon doesn't spark (Don't try it, fools!).

So you must have some sharp barbs in that chicken or something! xD

The plate you are using. Does it have any metal on it? Any metal in there at all? Knife, Fork etc?

That's all it will be. There will be some metal somewhere.

Example. Put a CD in there for 5 seconds. Beats buying a shredder to destroy a CD.

Only pointed metal will spark in a microwave. That's why a spoon doesn't spark (Don't try it, fools!).

So you must have some sharp barbs in that chicken or something! xD

What? Any metal will spark. Hence why a spoon, stainless bowl etc will spark.

I used a paper plate. I tried scrubbing the inside and cleaning it to make sure there weren't any shards in there but the chicken still sparks, and it's only that chicken.

I also just sent an email to Tyson's customer service lol.

Maybe it's the Robot Chicken.

.. Right?... *waits for single person to know what he's on about*

Whenever I make salads i put chicken in them. The chicken that I get to put in there is precooked so you can just put it in the microwave and then eat it and it's made by Tyson. So I put it on a plate and then put it in the microwave and start cooking it. Then the chicken starts sparking! WTF?!

Why the hell is my chicken sparking? Have other people experienced the horror of thinking your microwave will blow up just because you want to enjoy some deliciously preserved pre cooked chicken?

A. what was it wrapped in

B. get a multi meter and take some readings

C. is for Chicken

D. video it so we can make a better judgement of what's happening.

A. It's not wrapped it anything I just put it on a paper plate.

B. I don't even know what that is.

D. I just tried to make a video and you can't see anything because of the grate.

Here is a picture after it's cooked. It still tastes fine.

2d9rz12.jpg

a girl at my office told me it had something to do with the tagging of the chicken. It has some sort of metal in it.

You know, to control the stocks they have.

I'm still awaiting a reply from Tyson. So we'll see what they about it.

I googled it and apparently someone was cooking popcorn chicken and it happened to them except theirs caught on fire. :laugh:

A. It's not wrapped it anything I just put it on a paper plate.

B. I don't even know what that is.

D. I just tried to make a video and you can't see anything because of the grate.

Here is a picture after it's cooked. It still tastes fine.

2d9rz12.jpg

What was it wrapped in before you put it in?