NeowinCast: Gamers Podcast

Neowin.net presents NeowinCast: Gamers, a new series of Podcasts relating to all things gaming and a few not, hosted by David Corris and Joshua Seed. Coming in at an hour this first episode of the new series has us covering ourselves and our games of 2009, what games we are looking forward to in 2010 and some recent news and rumours.

Each episode we will also be asking a question to our listeners, starting off the first episode and the new year, we would love you know what your game of 2009 is, what you are looking forward to in 2010, and why?

You can send these emails to podcast@neowin.net or leave your answer in the comments.

So myself and Joshua have brought back the Gamers podcast, and dropped the "edition" on the end.

We know a few wanted to see it come back in some form, so we decided just before Christmas we would give it a go, after which we recorded a short preview that the staff listened to before we decided on doing it properly, and now here we are.

We are aiming to get one out every two weeks at a minimum, and if we have the time we will try to do one as often as possible, so hopefully one a week.

Every week we will also be posing a question that we will discuss during the next podcast, one wasn't included in this first episode, so it is being posted here in the quote.

In the future we will hopefully be having guests on, which wont be contained to just neowin staff. Its always great to hear what everyone thinks of the podcast too, you can post it here or just email podcast@neowin.net with your views.

We'll be getting the whole itunes feed and such like sorted too. :D

NeowinCast: Gamers:

Episode #1

Episode #2

Episode #3

Episode #4

iTunes

Great news Corris! Heading into work in couple of hours, will listen in then :)

Awesome. :D

Were a bit new to it, but it should get better with time as we learn our way around everything, lol.

Currently listening 18 minutes in.

That was fast, lol.

Will be great to hear what you think.

I haven't listened to it yet (still downloading), but one quick thing I would like is an iTunes feed for the podcast.

EDIT: Looks like I should ready your post before I type. :laugh: What a moron. :no:

Will post back with my thoughts about the show after I have listened to it. :)

Ok, just finished listening so I thought I'd give some quick feedback:

- There was a lot of waffle at the beginning, but I am going to give you guys some slack and put that down to it being your first podcast and the need to introduce yourself, etc etc. Basically just get down to business a lot quicker.

- With regards to the length, I definitely like the length of an hour. I am a fan of listening to podcasts in one sitting, so the 3 hours epics that the 1UP guys used to produce were slightly too long for my tastes.

- There appears to be someone snoring from the 40min~ mark onwards? :laugh: What is that? Whatever it is, you can leave that out next time too. :p

- @Corris: Hannah Montana? Really? You absolute ######. :rofl:

I look forward to hearing the next one guys. (Y)

- @Corris: Hannah Montana? Really? You absolute ######. :rofl:

I look forward to hearing the next one guys. (Y)

I was just never going to tell, but its better than someone pointing out randomly later, rofl.

Any news yet as to when it will be put on itunes, it is so much easier as everything will sync itself to the ipod rather than downloading and manually copying it over :(

Any news yet as to when it will be put on itunes, it is so much easier as everything will sync itself to the ipod rather than downloading and manually copying it over :(

You're so lazy! I find it easier to just manually add my audio/video files. Anyway, listening to this as I lay on my bed. So far so good.

Will this be upped on iTunes?

You can find it on iTunes here, currently resting on the old feed at the moment.

So I listened to all of it before I slept and it was thoroughly enjoyable. I want in on the next podcast! Seriously though, good job. You guys had quite an interesting conversation.

So I listened to all of it before I slept and it was thoroughly enjoyable. I want in on the next podcast! Seriously though, good job. You guys had quite an interesting conversation.

I talk to you on the Staff IRC, I think that's all the Anaron anyone should have to handle. :p

Neowin.net presents NeowinCast: Gamers Episode 2, the second in a new series of Podcasts relating to the latest gaming news and rumors, hosted by David Corris and Joshua Seed. This weeks episode arrives at an hour in length as we discuss current news including Netflick coming to the Nintendo Wii, Avatar and Modern Warfare 2 raking in the millions and a little E3 2010 nonsense.

We also cover the question we asked in last weeks podcast, "what is your game of 2009, what you are looking forward to in 2010?" and read out what our listeners have to say via email

or comments.

Second episode up. :D

https://www.neowin.net/news/neowincast-gamers-episode-2

I decided to give the second one a chance and possibly a longer 'impression' of it so here goes;

First off, it's great that you are able to create these at a steady rate - That is certainly a welcome change. However, most of the podcast is just very flavourless.

The podcast before this, with Larry & Co. was like a slice of deep pan pizza - It was unhealthy but man, it tasted great :laugh: what you guys have going is a bit like

a potato ... unsalted. I mean, you're two guys with a weak combined gaming experience - One of you doesn't even own a console in such a console centric market?

The other guy is focused on one console only, so you can't argue, discuss or go back and forth about one of the most important markets today.

You don't even seem to play the same games and every hint of a discussion is just choked right there. So on the whole, you end up sounding like you

don't have much to talk about, everything is a bit forced ( including the laughs ) and it seems like a Podcast made for a group of more casual minded gamers, which

I'm sure there's plenty of but it misses my interests by a mile and a half.

I'd still say, keep at it - Apparently a lot of members around here loves what you're doing (Y)

Unfortunately you're overshooting the core crowd segment by a huge margin.

Hopefully that wasn't too harsh, you know I have a hard time sugar-coating my posts.

• Like 1

Finally sitting down to listen to this as it's been sitting on my desktop for weeks.

Not a fan, at all. Struggling to not press the stop button and I'm only 10 mins in. Sethos has said it best though.

Sorry guys.

Loving it guys! :D

Currently in the library at school listening and could not stop laughing at the end skit of Josh singing xD

Looking forward to the next one :rofl: