Relaunch of Neowin.net Friday Jan 15th 2010

i completely agree.. i love the new atlas theme, but i hate the spy tab.

You guys never did see the min-spy at the top of the forums. Its the same thing we have now... shame too.

You guys never did see the min-spy at the top of the forums. Its the same thing we have now... shame too.

Damn... now that's a shame indeed. I never did see it, suspected there would be one too. :(

I'm thrilled that we're back up and running, regardless of the transition back to the older release of IP.Board. :) Nice job, folks, and thanks for dedicating so much time into this entire process!

You guys should know that the full IPB3 experience was never really unleashed. Most of the time we had all of our hacks disabled, and a lot of the extra IPB3 features, too.

It was a great upgrade, and we'll get it up yet. So don't trash it, you'll be on it soon :p

You guys should know that the full IPB3 experience was never really unleashed. Most of the time we had all of our hacks disabled, and a lot of the extra IPB3 features, too.

It was a great upgrade, and we'll get it up yet. So don't trash it, you'll be on it soon :p

That's good news. Can you explain why IPB3 doesn't work for us in plain English?

The 'sneak peak' was enough to get me excited.

Do you guys plan to try to upgrade agian at a lter date or a nother ipb version, are do you guys plan to stay with ipb 2?

I sure hope so dude, what little time I played with the features on the dev site was amazing. Fingers crossed!

anyone else notice freezing on the news page? I never had the issue before. Initially when I try to load the main page, the title bar shows and then it takes about 5-10 seconds for the rest of the page. Then when I go to comment.. the page freezes for about 30 seconds and I get the message about a script.

scripterr.png

IE8, Win7

anyone else notice freezing on the news page? I never had the issue before. Initially when I try to load the main page, the title bar shows and then it takes about 5-10 seconds for the rest of the page. Then when I go to comment.. the page freezes for about 30 seconds and I get the message about a script.

scripterr.png

IE8, Win7

Update: It only occurs when I click on the "comments ##" link next to the news title. When I click on the news title specifically it does not freeze.

• 2 months later...

Update: It only occurs when I click on the "comments ##" link next to the news title. When I click on the news title specifically it does not freeze.

I get it too but with Vista and IE8

• 1 month later...

scripterr.png

IE8, Win7

I got this too occasionally with Internet Explorer 8 on Windows 7.

I got this too occasionally with Internet Explorer 8 on Windows 7.

It's been nearly 5 months since this thread was active. I'm going to go ahead and close it, suggesting you post a thread in the 'Site & Forum Issues' forum; that way, your thread will catch the attention of a developer :)

Thread closed