OPM gives Heavy Rain 9 in world-first review & other reviews

wv4xat.jpg

OPM's got the world's first review of Heavy Rain this month, giving the Quantic PS3 exclusive 9/10. Here's a snip:

"Certainly there's nothing quite like it on PS3, or indeed any other system. Put gaming conventions aside, go in with no expectations other than this is something new and massively good-looking, and you'll be rewarded with a unique experience that lurches between genius and madness, manages to be genuinely emotional, and that you'll be bursting to talk about with your friends."

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

The game is released on February 23 in the US, and February 26 in the UK.

The thriller's sex scenes and violence got detailed this morning.

heavy-rain-opm-review.png?w=450&h=600

Scouting for bigger scans they're out there somewhere :)

Pic of special edition which I'm getting for the oragami :) (get it for ?29.99 anyway)

4275611499_c4a38934c3_o.jpg

4276913714_370a1c5a90.jpg

Best scans for now

hr1.jpg

hr2.jpg

hr3.jpg

hr4.jpg

hr5.jpg

hr6.jpg

hr7.jpg

didnt they give "the getaway" 9/10 back in the day? and that had a tonne of bugs! good game otherwise.

pinch of salt :)

8/10 - http://apps.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/getaway

However I do not see the relevance to the score of The Getaway in a Heavy Rain topic...

Did you miss the huge quote

"A lot of people are going to hate it or simply be baffled by it"

Not like it's unadulterated praise when you're putting in quotes like that.

I always worry about magazine reviews...they must be using non-gold copies of the game most of the time.

Game was feature complete a while ago, at worst they'll maybe run into a bug/glitch or two.

Made by the same peeps who made Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy and plays similar, and we all know what a classic game that wasn't. Absolutely no replay value and I can guarantee the game won't take long to complete due to "Cinematic Gameplay".

Writing is on the wall for this one, but you can guarantee plenty of crying upon release, if only people would look at Quantic Dreams previous releases it could all be avoided, but no, the hype as usual masks the blatantly obvious.

Made by the same peeps who made Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy and plays similar, and we all know what a classic game that wasn't. Absolutely no replay value and I can guarantee the game won't take long to complete due to "Cinematic Gameplay".

Writing is on the wall for this one, but you can guarantee plenty of crying upon release, if only people would look at Quantic Dreams previous releases it could all be avoided, but no, the hype as usual masks the blatantly obvious.

It would really help if you'd actually read about Heavy Rain instead of making assumptions off of Fahrenheit.

4 playable characters, each with the ability to die and story will continue, and 20 different endings.

That sure sounds like something with no replay value.

If you care as much as you supposedly do about Fahrenheit, read this post-mortem done with Cage, but I doubt you will.

It would really help if you'd actually read about Heavy Rain instead of making assumptions off of Fahrenheit.

4 playable characters, each with the ability to die and story will continue, and 20 different endings.

That sure sounds like something with no replay value.

But it's the same mechanics, wondering around and then "quick play" button presses, you might want to replay super exciting quick play bits but most won't.

But it's the same mechanics, wondering around and then "quick play" button presses, you might want to replay super exciting quick play bits but most won't.

I'm glad you've played through Heavy Rain and know exactly what it's like, and know it's the same mechanics even when we've been proven it's not.

This game caught my eye ever since that first trailer of the woman being chased around her kitchen. Not to mention Fahrenheit is one of my favourite games ever. No matter what any reviews say, I'm getting this bad boy!

Mmmm OPM and OXM are always score happy :huh: , so a 9 from OPM it's like a 7 from any other reviewer .... we'll see ....

Yeah although the game looks interesting, i'm going to wait for more reviews from a more impartial source. Especially as i've never played Fahrenheit.

And i'll wait for it to get cheaper because i'm really cheap :p

Official Playstation Magazine gives a big Playstation 3 title a favourable score, I am blown away :p

Though I'm sure this game will score in that region everywhere else.

Official Playstation Magazine gives a big Playstation 3 title a favourable score, I am blown away :p

Though I'm sure this game will score in that region everywhere else.

Think it will get a fair few 7 and 8's, depends from what site who reviews the game, being such a different experience are you either going to get someone who thinks it deserves it on merit and for being a solid game, or someone who thinks okay merit for being different but I'd of preferred an FPS with aliens.

Although I do think sites try without bias to let people review that at least have somewhat of an interest in the genre/style.

I really wish this was going to be ported to the PC :(

I just can't afford a PS3 right now to play this or some of the other games coming out these days. Kinda sucks that Sony system games are rarely if ever brought over to the PC anymore. (not that they did many in the old days either lol)

I really wish this was going to be ported to the PC :(

I just can't afford a PS3 right now to play this or some of the other games coming out these days. Kinda sucks that Sony system games are rarely if ever brought over to the PC anymore. (not that they did many in the old days either lol)

Just because they're 1st party and Sony have no interests in the PC like MS do.

It makes it appealing to own a PS3 though, when the exclusives start stacking up... That's their plan I guess.

You'll only ever see SOE games on the PC.

Yeah I know AB. Weird they are porting GT5 over to the PC though huh? Though only on Sony VAIO's or whatever and laptops etc. Still, it'd be nice if they did do some PC stuff, even old ports I'd be happy with. I'd loveeeee a God of War game on PC or Twisted Metal Black or something.

Yeah I know AB. Weird they are porting GT5 over to the PC though huh? Though only on Sony VAIO's or whatever and laptops etc. Still, it'd be nice if they did do some PC stuff, even old ports I'd be happy with. I'd loveeeee a God of War game on PC or Twisted Metal Black or something.

What :|