OPM gives Heavy Rain 9 in world-first review & other reviews

Embargo for online reviews lifts on the 11th, same day as demo.

Magazines don't have embargoes as such due to when they need to be published/sold, which is why we've seen two reviews from magazines already.

Another Magazine review

Heavy Rain Is a tour de force unlike any video game before it! The driving force and creator behind the game, David cage,has been pushing the boundaries of cinematic game play and emotionally engaging content in video games for years. Heavy Rain is the culmination of his work! This master piece is a gritty, atmospheric thriller which revolves around a serial murderer known as the Origami Killer. It's played out from the perspective of four different characters, who are trying to end this psychopath's reign of terror. Heavy Rain's visuals are absolutely incredible, almost cinema quality, and each of the characters are extremely realistic, with their own individual motivations. The story lines are intricately intertwined; every choice the player makes or action that they take has reprecussions in the events that follow essentialy, you shape the story line and it envovles with the decisions you make for the characters, making Heavy Rain one of the most immersive and involving video game experiences ever made!

p1040848e.jpg

p1040849y.jpg

Splinter cell: conviction got a 9.1/10

AvP got a 8.8/10

BioShock 2 got a 9.4/10

There's a new gameplay vid of this highly anticipated adventure game. It shows more of the "mall" scene.

Video here: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-mall-heavy-rain/61347

Man, I really can't wait for the demo of Heavy Rain to come out on this 11th! Who's with me?!? :laugh:

WOW! That was EPIC! :D I can't wait for this game to come out, it is beautiful. :yes:

The reviewers over on GAF from IGN and the likes who are embargoed till the 10th I think, might be 10th EU, 11th US, it's definitely one of those dates say the Mall scene is one of the weaker in the game as well :p

am i the only who thinks this game is a going to a colossal retail failure because of the type of game it is? cult favorite at best maybe?

It'll do good to hit 1 million, but Sony are saying they're going to market the **** out of it, even although they've already described it as a risk. I think it's one if critically received well and marketed well it will interest people as a new experience, like say how people went ###### over wiifit, but obviously not on that scale, just thinking "oh I've heard this game is nothing like anything before, gotta check it out".

Of course you'll never convince the FPS drooling bad mouthing pew pew kiddy teenagers, maybe the boobs will get them on board, but I think Sony are relying on a more adult audience owning PS3s, at least as the initial base were paying $600 for the console.

As a 1st party IP though, it's not as if strain is put on to sell lots of copies to keep the company afloat, Sony will have done a lot of funding/helping with their own tools/studios.

The game probably went exclusive to get that kind of financial backing as original plans were PC/360/PS3 - That's when you have financial risk as your studio is doing everything themselves. Right now Sony will have had programmers/tech guys/marketing and everyone else helping David Cage make this game.

You know where they need to advertise this? All Sony/Columbia/MGM adult thriller theatre and blu-ray releases.

They just need to censor the Madison undressing, shower scene, drying, putting clothes on, wiggling her ass to go pee, then cut to "Heavy Rain.... only on PS3... uncensored" for it's TV trailer.

8 million copies.

I should be head of marketing for SCE.

4 million tops. It's only 8 million if they close the ad with a shot of her opening up a dresser drawer, pulling out a pair of panties and you see a gun and a vibrator.

Heavy Rain Madison taking a shower full scene (Warning: nudity)

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-467848.aspx

Look at the graphics and how the light's shine inside the place from the windows. :D

Just to clarify, this is not to show the nudity, but the whole apartment scene. It's pretty epic.

I would have posted that in my original post, but I can't seem to edit it. :/

Hooray for adventure games!! :D

<--- Avid adventure fan from Maniac Mansion era to Sam 'n' Max era to The Longest Journey era and till now! (enjoying Runaway: A Twist of Fate now)

Heavy Rain Madison taking a shower full scene (Warning: nudity)

http://www.n4g.com/p...ews-467848.aspx

Look at the graphics and how the light's shine inside the place from the windows. :D

I already posted that but I kept it to the other thread about 9 minutes of footage, best to keep video footage out of this thread, reviews only so as people don't spoil themselves. As you said apart from some nudity which isn't really a spoiler, the scene extends to what could be classed as spoiler material.

Link - https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/868418-heavy-rain-first-9-minutes-other-leaked-footage/page__view__findpost__p__592186904

I advise everyone does the same, just post video footage in that other topic, I've renamed it's title.

4 million tops. It's only 8 million if they close the ad with a shot of her opening up a dresser drawer, pulling out a pair of panties and you see a gun and a vibrator.

Medkit/PDA to hack/Ammo clips/Journal Recording/Pigeon.

This is going to be a sure fire day one for me. I love anything to do with smart serial killer ie SeVen. This looks to me like it will be like SeVen but I get to play a part in it. I hope it does well in retail but I am not hoping for such. It does not have multi-player and is not an FPS/Sports/SIMs game.