[Official] Mass Effect 2

i just got all the DLC for the game. finished kasumi (that one was alright) and overlord (awesome). got shadow broker and arrival next. forgot how amazing this game is. first half hour i was confused and had no idea how to play anymore or the story but i picked it up pretty quick. i want to complete the game 100% now. almost there :)

For those who finished the Arrival, I got a small question.

Near the end after you reset the cores cooling and head down to where the psycho doc is at and she's got that explosive trigger in her hand. I'm guessing you can keep listening to her but when the renegade event icon flashed on screen I just did it and ofc you shoot her. So I'm wondering if you don't go renegade and let it play through how does it change things?

For those who finished the Arrival, I got a small question.

Near the end after you reset the cores cooling and head down to where the psycho doc is at and she's got that explosive trigger in her hand. I'm guessing you can keep listening to her but when the renegade event icon flashed on screen I just did it and ofc you shoot her. So I'm wondering if you don't go renegade and let it play through how does it change things?

I can't remember exactly, I played it on my Paragon character and didn't shoot her, but it wasn't anything important from memory, she rabbles a little and then presses the button and the explosion goes off.

I assume it goes off even if you do shoot her?, I imagine like early with the having to survive you wake up at the same point regardless of if you do and don't.

Arrival wasn't bad but I was pretty disappointed with it. No where near the quality of lair of the shadow broker.

Indeed, was pretty awesome, but seeing other characters running around using biotics like crazy always makes me realise how limited they are in the game for our characters.

• 2 weeks later...

i played arrival. it was junk compared to the other DLC's IMO. It wasn't even that hard either and i am playing it on the insanity (that's the hardest difficulty right?) and i breezed right through it. Shadow Broker, now that one was hard... kinda funny how people had trouble on easy.

so i killed 300 000 people and shot the bitch while she in the middle of her crazy psychotic i love the reapers monologue. explained what happened to the general and he agreed with what i did though im sure if i did the nice guy route i could have saved her and those people, so maybe i choked? Anyways, apparently their is a trial waiting for me on earth in the next game that i have to face to explain my actions. Whatever though, killed the reapers short cut. still, crappy DLC and didn't really care for the story tie-in, felt like Bioware got lazy with this one and used the lame tie-in as a way to sell the DLC. What did you guys do?

oh yeah, i died too cause i did something stupid, i really wanted to see if i could out last all the people coming at me but i got lazy when i realized the story still goes on

I actually kinda liked it. I was expecting it to be way worse than it was, so maybe that's that. But hell, it was much better than Kasumi...

what happens if you don't shoot her when you are prompted?

• 2 months later...

Platinum :)

How was insanity? If that is the right name for the difficulty?

I've never bothered to do it myself, feel like I would just end up hating the game, lol.

I've never bothered to do it myself, feel like I would just end up hating the game, lol.

It depends on what class you play as. A Soldier or Infiltrator, it's easy with adrenalin rush and tactical cloak respectively.

As an Engineer, you will end up throwing the controller at the screen on a few missions

Playing as a Vanguard or Sentinel/Adept, some levels are frustrating, but it's just a hell of a lot of fun to play

Sucked starting off, but by the end it was merely a good challenge, forced to strategize who I would take on missions and where to allocate powers. Thanks goodness for the Shadow Broker DLC allowing you to reconfigure your squad's point allocation, which I did prior to the final mission (no real need for Overcharge against the Collectors).

There were about 3 - 4 missions/levels that I would qualify as a bit frustrating, like the mission to get the IFF -- the last two rooms with the zombie hoard of husks took forever -- until I restarted and brought Mordin and blew some **** up.

But yeah, played as a solider. Tried it at first as an Engineer or Vanguard (I forget which), and was frustrated by the second loyalty mission I did (Zaeed I think).

I'm thinking of finally giving ME2 a fair shake. In the past I've started games and gotten past the first area/tutorial area (you know where you escape that facility or whatever it is) but I never go on and finish the game.

So my question(s) is - what's the best class to play for someone who just wants to go in and wreck ****? I don't want to worry about healing to much, or my squad members either. I just want some action so I don't get bored with the game like in the past. Another thing to ask (and probably a stupid question at that) is it better to go down the good or not so good path? How does the story and action change per choices made for each path?

:p

I'm thinking of finally giving ME2 a fair shake. In the past I've started games and gotten past the first area/tutorial area (you know where you escape that facility or whatever it is) but I never go on and finish the game.

So my question(s) is - what's the best class to play for someone who just wants to go in and wreck ****? I don't want to worry about healing to much, or my squad members either. I just want some action so I don't get bored with the game like in the past. Another thing to ask (and probably a stupid question at that) is it better to go down the good or not so good path? How does the story and action change per choices made for each path?

:p

if you want focus on action then i would say go solider its more action oriented then the other classes i would say.

I think the Infiltrator class is one of the best action packed ones.

Well the good path always leads to more stuff per-say especially for the next game, but I prefer the bad way hehe.

With the bad way though I always treat my teammates fair. Everyone else, screw them lol

if you want focus on action then i would say go solider its more action oriented then the other classes i would say.

is it the only class with quickly regenerating shields?

I don't think so, they just got good armor abilities, but someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Still waiting for this to drop to a more reasonable price for the PS3 in the UK. ?20 is a bit much still IMO, ?15 would be better.

I don't know how it is in Scotland, but y'all have something similar to Gamestop? If so, why not buy it from there because they have good prices on new or used. Also in my city we have a place called Entertainmart (Link: http://www.entertainmart.com/), which sells new or used games/consoles/mp3/etc...

Still waiting for this to drop to a more reasonable price for the PS3 in the UK. ?20 is a bit much still IMO, ?15 would be better.

For the amount of content, there's nothing unreasonable in that price. I think between my paragon and "asshat" playthoughs, I logged around 80-90 hours or so.

• 4 weeks later...

For the amount of content, there's nothing unreasonable in that price. I think between my paragon and "asshat" playthoughs, I logged around 80-90 hours or so.

I picked it up for ?16.99. Pouring the hours into it, with the DLC there's just soo much content!

Still playing through this game for the first time, picked it up on steam a few months back and just never had the time to play it.