Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mystic

Anybody Watching "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia"?

66 posts in this topic

saw S8E1, not bad :D

Classic-style episode :D

Wildcard Bitches!

Really enjoying the season so far.

Was funny episode, loving this season so far!

Wildcard!

I have mixed feelings about Always Sunny. LOVED the first few seasons, and for some reason I knew about it from the beginning, so kind of felt like I was in on something not a lot of people knew about, and that made it even better. The Episode where D and Dennis are basically crackheads is still one of my favorite episodes of comedy on TV ever.

Then it slowly started becoming not as funny. Not sure why or how. It got to the point last year during the middle of the season, we stopped watching. I thought it was just done.

Then been watching this Season, and some episodes have been great, others have been meh. It is like there is no consistency.

When they are great though, nothing comedy wise can really touch them. But when they are meh for me, yeah, something is then off.

<snip>

Then been watching this Season, and some episodes have been great, others have been meh. It is like there is no consistency.

When they are great though, nothing comedy wise can really touch them. But when they are meh for me, yeah, something is then off.

There have only been two episodes this season... :p

There have only been two episodes this season... :p

Right, and one was good, one was not. ;)

best show ever

Right, and one was good, one was not. ;)

I thought they were good, I hadn't watched the show since season 4 so its been sometime and I thought wow this hasn't lost a step but I suppose different strokes for different folks :p

tumblr_mc60y8HPz71qfy2kdo1_500.gif

:p

It is hard to pinpoint exactly why I feel some episodes are not good, but if I had to try, I would say it is because at times the outrageousness seems forced and is just done for the sake of being outrageous. Where in the past in earlier Seasons, the outrageousness was there because they were just such messed up characters. Not sure if that makes sense, but it is the best way I can describe it. I just feel there is a pretty distinct difference in the quality of the comedy from the earlier seasons to the later ones.

A show not being as good as it once was is nothing new though, I tend to feel most shows get worse with age. Only have been a handful that I can think of that stayed the same, or in very rare cases, continued getting better.

I will say, I once fancied going to school for film making, even applied to NYU Film School way back when. So for awhile I was pretty heavily into the how and why behind creating television and movies. I was heavily in to the theory and art of script writing, blah blah blah, so it has always made me view things with a different eye. As such I tend to be hyper critical. I actually wish at times this was not the case and I could just accept things for what they are. Alas, it is both a blessing, but mainly a curse. :rofl:

With all that said, a not as good as it once used to be Always Sunny is still a brilliant show overall. I do want to make that known.

I admit the last couple of seasons felt different. It still had stand out episodes but some episodes were just poor. I still think overall it is the same show comedy wise. This season they've hit the ground running though and so far i'm really excited for the rest of the season.

Dennis and Dee go on Welfare, is one of the best episodes. If i wanted to get someone into the show, i would show them that episode. Nightman Cometh, is another stand out episode.

WILD CARD BITCHES!

this episode kept me laughing through.. Loving this season!

WILD CARD BITCHES!

this episode kept me laughing through.. Loving this season!

"I got the brakes fixed" :rofl:

1 person likes this

"I got the brakes fixed" :rofl:

Shut up, bird.

:laugh:

1 person likes this

the halloween episode :rofl:

When it thundered, you could clearly tell the backdrop was paper :p

post-645-0-15507700-1351602004.jpg

Their faces :rofl:

post-645-0-61044800-1351602194.jpg

^^ :rofl:

that episode was priceless :p

932423265t.png714647829t.png817109466t.png677246005t.png830602563t.png

:wub:

Charlie is evil though! :rofl:

Much prefer this season so far to the previous two.

post-645-0-91809100-1351976925.jpg

This bird is absolutely gorgeous!

post-645-0-34586400-1351976943.jpg

:rofl:

I just watched latest episode, made me laugh...a random P Diddy cameo!

Anyone still watching? I think they are p to season 9. I think I might go back to the start and give it another watch through. Such a hilarious show.

Yeah. The show is still good. Season 8 was brilliant.

Last weeks episode was brilliant too.