[Official] God of War III

http://kotaku.com/5462093/the-god-of-casemods-rages-at-his-legless-future

This is a PC casemod. Meaning there's a personal computer somewhere inside that mannequin of Kratos, star of Sony's God of War series. Meaning terror is only ever a spreadsheet away.

I admire the intent. And the craftsmanship. But the execution? No way I could have that thing anywhere near me while using a PC. I'm a light enough sleeper as it is.

500x_kratpc.jpg

Some of the replies are hilarious.

The lack of legs is a feature not an oversight. It's the only thing stopping it from the murdering the life out of everything in a 10 mile radius.
AAAAASSSSSSUUUUSSSSS!!!!!

DEFEAT MY ENEMIES AND MY MOTHERBOARD IS YOURS.

How's that? I thought 720p/1080i/1080p was a quality thing? I never said it has to natively run at 1080 but it should have the option.

GoW Devs do go for texture quality which is why they're running on a variable framerate and only reaching 1080i, which 720p will be preferred to.

It's okay, just wait for the game and you'll see why they aren't pushing 1080p, massive scale battles and what not plus it will look gorgeous.

God of War 3 Dynamic Theme

Lot of people disappointed with it, but again I like the subtle ones, not things that go crazy and make the XMB text impossible to read, which is why right now I use the Heavy Rain one.

i hate dynamic themes. I like my GT theme (black icons) with the default background (which is one of the coolest backgrounds you can get, i wish it could make it my PC/Mac background, the changing colours throughout the day is awesome)

God of War 3 Dynamic Theme

Lot of people disappointed with it, but again I like the subtle ones, not things that go crazy and make the XMB text impossible to read, which is why right now I use the Heavy Rain one.

It wouldn't be as bad if it did something a bit more, reminds me of the mini loading screens in Heavy Rain, but those are better than the dynamic theme. :p

Rough translation from some french magaine

Here's what it says about the much talked about "sexual healing"

"1080P, new power and performances of the PS3 perfectly utilised, all that could not serve that to inflate the pectoral muscles of Kratos. ..in effect, how do we speak of the girls.... well they are more appealing! More 'atomic bombs', more "erotic" scenes, promised the developers. And we most definitely want them"

Tried my best...hope I helped a little..

Here's what it says about the 1080p resolution:

"1080P: the resolution will be in full-hd for textures of an unbelievable neatness and quality"

Here's what it says about no loading:

"No loading: no load for this new God of War, these are being clever masked behind the cinematic ones" - in other words, cut-scenes and game cinematic is where the game's loading will take place, there will be no loading screens.

Here's what it says about Kratos' physic:

"Although GOWIII remains on the order of the fantastic ones before it - therefore not a photo realistic game - the developers did not hesitate to detail the character. one observes, the veins of his skin are like of a buffalo, the numerous paints of war that it exposes, without forgetting all his muscles contort/bend and flex when he pulls of moves. Narcotic!"

"Ps3 obliges, it was time that the whole suffering of Big K. be visible. Kratos will display injuries in real time and well on a natural sudation to the least one of its efforts. when one does a big zoom with the movie camera, you see the injures in detail and it's insane"

The date of me needing to play #1 and #2 is getting closer and closer, dammit. :p

Same here. I bought the God of War collection just so that I could play GoW2 (I've already played the first one), and now I'm running out of time, lol.

GTTV is going to do a whole episode dedicated to GoW3, Geoff says they're filming it next week, so probably expect it on the website next month.

For my fellow Yanks, more on the 7-11 Slurpee promotion. Buying a GoW Slurpee nets you 1 point. Points can be redeemed either for GoW-themed clothes for your avatar in HOME, or for an exclusive skin & armor in-game.

Did you know that 7-Eleven is running a cross-promotion with God of War III. For purchasing slurpees, you get points that you can register at slurpee.com. Each slurpee nets you a point. Save enough points and you can redeem virtual goodies like a GOWIII T-shirt for your avatar or Dynamic Theme for PS3 or best yet, an exclusive armor for Kratos.

Kratos%20Armor.jpg

Suppose I ought to be pre-ordering this then..... what with Heavy Rain though and was considering White Knight Chronicals too. Another expensive couple of months :(