Skype Skins, Themes, or Color Schemes?

Well, I've just jumped onto the Skype bandwagon and am about to jump back off lol. I can't find an option to change the color or theme of skype within the program itself. The default theme is so ugly. Any way I can at least force it to look different?

Or perhaps there's an alternative IM program that is compatible with skype user names?

Skype is proprietory, so you won't find it under any Multi-IM program (Unless I am mistaken?). It's completely closed source so nobody can really inject it into other apps.

And it's unskinnable - although you can decide between a Skype scheme and a Windows Native scheme. The Mac OS X version is completely skinnable though!:p

Who cares how it looks, as long as it works good?

You're right, but I still prefer a good program to look visibly appealing. It used to have a theme/color selection thing apparently, but I'm not sure why they took that out. I'm just a little bit obsessive when it comes to making my desktop match and be color coordinated.

Disappointing that it's unskinnable...

Thanks anyway.

Skype is proprietory, so you won't find it under any Multi-IM program (Unless I am mistaken?). It's completely closed source so nobody can really inject it into other apps.

Miranda IM can partially do that, but you still have to run the original Skype client in the background (which pretty much kills the point of using it...)

• 2 years later...

Trillian works great with Skype. I can even answer phone calls.

Yeah I was about to suggest that, as of Trillian 5.1 Trillian is able to handle Skype natively without the original Skype client running^^