Official WWDC thread

I can allready tell you that Apple will stay with the market share they have now and will not go up anymore because the ones who would buy this have macs to start with. This is a bad step for Apple. I'm a fairly big apple fan but I'm being realistic that no consumer will pay that much for a computer unless they know about it firsthand and that other 90% of the market doesn't so thats that.

Does everyone have short memories around here? How much did the 3.0 Ghz P4 computer cost at first compared to the 2.x Ghz machines when they were introduced? Remember that the 3 Ghz P4 required a different type of mobo?

Sheesh. Get real jobs people.

If you want top of the line, you have to pay for it.

They are comparing this to Dual Xeon chips, not the cheap consumer level P4's.

i agree aristotle dude! but c'mon, the pc fans must be freaking out! what are they gonna say now? what are they gonna find to bitch about? the just got ****ing owned in every single way imaginable.

Hmmm, ok, I installed Safari 1.0, and Neowin doesn't render correctly at all. Just a heads up if you were going to install it!

Holy crap! After checking out the G5 site...

8GB RAM? Jesus! Dual 2Ghz G5 64-bit Processor? Damn! This is the most powerful personal computer I've seen in my life! All I've got to say is that they've just pushed the envelope! Damn it! Gotta start saving for the G5! By the time I'm done saving there will probably be a G10! :p