Strange: Search results are underlined in Start Menu. But why?

I just realized that the search results in the Start Menu on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit are now underlined. It's not really a big issue but it is strange and I don't know what caused this. It also happened in Vista for me.

Haven't installed any tweak tools.

Any ideas?

Are they underlined all the time? Or just on hover? (which is default behavior).

Have you changed any Explorer view settings like this one?

post-30311-12660031257761_thumb.png

They are underlined all the time. Every item. And no, I haven't changed these settings. Very strange. On my other machine, the behavior is normal...

They are underlined all the time. Every item. And no, I haven't changed these settings. Very strange. On my other machine, the behavior is normal...

how about trying to change it and then change it back again and give it a restart

how about trying to change it and then change it back again and give it a restart

Wow! That helped. I know this feature and never touched it in Win7. So it's really strange. The underlining only appeared in the Start Menu search results. If you activate that feature every item in Explorer gets underlined. After switching it back everything looks normal.

Maybe there is a bug in the touch features of 7? Because I do have a Wacom Bamboo installed (but not plugged in). That tablet has pen and touch functionality (I also have a big fat Aero Peek button in the Task Bar which is normal).

hmmmm...

Well, thank you! ;)

• 9 months later...