Justified

justified.jpg

U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens is a modern day 19th century-style lawman, enforcing his brand of justice in a way that puts a target on his back with criminals and places him at odds with his bosses in the Marshal service. That conflict results in a reassignment for Givens to the U.S. District covering the town where he grew up. He is an anachronism - a tough, soft spoken gentleman who finds his quarry fascinating, but never gives an inch. Dig under his placid skin and you'll find an angry man who grew up hard in rural Kentucky, with an outlaw father, who knows a lot more about who he doesn't want to be than who he really is.

Premieres March 16 at 10PM ET/PT

Saw the trailer several times last night watching TV on FX, and the idea of a Western even in the wrong time period is enough to get me intrested enough to watch the first few episodes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FX?s Original Series Justified Already a Lock To Be Renewed

FX?s original drama Justified (formerly known as Lawman) premieres this Tuesday at 10pm. Based on a popular character, Ralylan Givens, from an Elmore Leonardshort story, the show focuses on U.S. Marshal in Kentucky payed by Timothy Olyphant.

I didn?t see a screener, so I can?t give this the rave review that many are giving it. But it doesn?t matter. Regardless, I?ll predict now, before the show even airs its premiere, and before I?ve seen it or the ratings that there is absolutely no chance that it won?t be renewed.

FX doesn?t have that many one hour scripted dramas. It has my favorite show, Sons of Anarchy, and that?s coming back. There?s Damages which is probably not coming back unless an Emmy or two really do turn ratings lemons into lemonade. Nip Tuck is already finished and FX has already announced Rescue Me will end in 2011.

Source

First episode was kind of dry, however I enjoyed it. It was used as a basis to set up the story and give you an idea of what type of person Raylan Givens is. It gives you a lot of the back story for Raylan, as well as giving him a lot of flaws that make him seem more human, than just a soulless Marshall who only has the job to live for. Overall, I enjoyed the first episode and can't wait for what else there is to come, especially with the preview for the rest of the season they showed after the first episode.

It was a really good first episode to a series, if its like that every week I am down for this series!

2nd highest premiere of all time on FX as well just behind the Shield.

---

The premiere of FX's "Justified" on Tuesday night was the second most-watched series debut in the network's history.

"Justified" was seen by 4.2 million viewers, topping all of cable TV and ranking as FX's biggest series premiere since "The Shield" first aired in 2002.

As is the tendency with Western-styled shows, the appeal was particular strong among older viewers. Only 2.0 million of "Justified" viewers were adults 18-49.

The Shield (3/12/02) 4,827

Justified (3/16/10) 4,158

Rescue Me (7/21/04) 4,071

Over There (7/27/05) 4,062

Dirt (1/2/07) 3,744

I think this is gonna be my new weekly TV show now that Archer is finished and Lie to Me is still on hiatus.

For anyone who still hasn't seen it, the pilot is available free on the US iTunes store (in SD and HD).