Justified

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

2013-09-29_18-33-30.png

CBS? loss is FX?s gain.

Michael Rapaport, who was cut from the Eye net?s new fall sitcom The Millers, has rebounded with a major recurring role in Season 5 of Justified, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Rapaport will play Dale Crowe, Jr., the sexy and charismatic patriarch of a white-trash Florida crime family. Dale?s an ex-convict who owns a gator farm; he is smart, savvy and ruthless, all in the name of family.

The Crowes will likely draw comparisons to Season 2?s Bennett clan, led by matriarch Mags (played, coincidentally, by Rapaport?s ex-Miller?s co-star Margo Martindale).

It?s not clear if Dale bears any relation to Boyd?s IQ-challenged chum Dewey Crowe. UPDATE: As one Justified-obsessed TVLine reader points out below, Dewy has previously spoken of having a relative named Dale ? case closed!)

Rapaport?s credits include Boston Public, My Name is Earl, Prison Break, and, most recently, Fox?s ill-fated The Mob Doctor.

Justified?s fifth season is slated to premiere in early 2014.

http://tvline.com/2013/09/28/justified-season-5-michael-rapaport-cast-spoilers/

• 2 months later...

I enjoyed last season, but it was definitely nowhere near the level the show had been. I hope they can bring a good thrilling season again, but honestly, this show may have run its awesomeness course.

I enjoyed last season, but it was definitely nowhere near the level the show had been. I hope they can bring a good thrilling season again, but honestly, this show may have run its awesomeness course.

I found myself wandering last season, I think this season will have to up the game for it to continue

I didn't really notice a problem with season four, perhaps because I watched the entire show in such a short period of time one episode after the other.

Yeah that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Season 6 Likely to be the Last

FX president Nick Grad says "the plan right now" is to end the series, which had its fifth-season premiere Tuesday night (Jan. 7), after Season 6. That would be in keeping with FX's usual m.o. of having its successful dramas run six to eight seasons.

x

• 2 months later...

It was a solid season I'd say. It definitely had some storylines that didn't seem to fit properly, but in the end, I think it finished really well as a season to start the end game.

I felt like this season was all about setting up next season. That's why it wasn't the best, but it still felt, as a whole, a solid season.

It always had to come back to Raylan versus Boyd. It had to come full circle back to the very first episode and I'm glad the final season's villain will be Boyd Crowder.

And I think Ava might have a few tricks up her sleeve too.

Also, the final moments of last night's episode, the song, wow, what an ominous way to go out. I could be completely wrong, but I think it may be foreshadowing that neither Raylan, nor Boyd will be leaving Harlan alive.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

that song is so amazing. thanks for sharing it. listened to it 50+ times today haha.

Can't wait for the show to start airing again.

Sad that its the last season, but its a good time to end it before it gets silly.

Can't waiiiit.

• Like 1