Bread with a ditto I just got through the GTS.

Oh ok :) Was just wondering. I may ask for one in the future :D

So what are you guy's teams?

Is is recommended to use all 3 starters in one Game (SS) and only 1 in the other (HG)?

Just wondering who did you breed the Typlosion with. Because normally to learn level up moves it needs two parents both with Flame thrower. So ditto would not work I don't think. Just wondering.

Same thing happened to me.

I used Charizard which knew flamethrower... and a Ditto which I caught on Pokemon Platinum.

When the Charmander hatched, it knew 2 upper level moves, and 2 entry moves.

I used Charizard which knew flamethrower... and a Ditto which I caught on Pokemon Platinum.

Odd. Since they know those powerful moves as babies, do they eventually become "legal" at the level which they would normally know it?

I'm not sure I want to risk trying to trade my billions of super cyndaquils on the GTS if they can ban me or something, lol...

Odd. Since they know those powerful moves as babies, do they eventually become "legal" at the level which they would normally know it?

I'm not sure I want to risk trying to trade my billions of super cyndaquils on the GTS if they can ban me or something, lol...

They are legal. It is implemented in Pok?mon games that pokemon can learn level up moves lower than expected. It is perfectly legal if obtained by non-hacked breeding :) It is how many people can even get egg-moves.

They are known as Egg Moves - the parent can pass on a high powered move if its male and mates with a female pokemon in the same egg type group. there is a list of egg groups on serebii.net - go there, it is THE HQ for poke info.

The male passes on his moves, the female passes on the pokemon type itself (aka species) and max IVs, as well as other things. I think thats how it works. You can breed say a Charmander and Torchic, but whoever the female is, itll be that pokemon in the egg. Thats why if you use a Ditto *genderless* with a male pokemon, you can't get higher IVs, as these are passed from the female, and there isn't one. You get Ditto's in this case.

Something like that!

Breeding for moves follows 3 rules after rule 0:

0) Moves that the baby normally learns from levels 1 to 5. They will be

born with these moves.

1) If the father (or a genderless parent breeding with a Ditto) knows

a TM that the baby can use, then the baby will be born with that move.

2) If the mother and the father know a move the baby can learn by

normal leveling-up, the baby will be born with the move.

3) If the father knows one of the baby's Egg moves, the baby will be

born with that move. Egg moves are the secret to getting a wide variety

of moves onto a Pokemon that would not have the move otherwise. As an

example, Zangoose can obliterate opponents using the Endure/Flail combo.

Flail is an egg move passed on from Dunsparce that Zangoose couldn't

otherwise learn.

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/921905/40538

Because ditto "clones" itself to be exactly the same, it knows the same moves.

You then end up with a mother and father (one being the Ditto) who both know the same moves.

This follows the mother and father rule... and is passed onto the newborn Pokemon.

Seems to make sense. Perfectly legit.

Breeding for moves follows 3 rules after rule 0:

0) Moves that the baby normally learns from levels 1 to 5. They will be

born with these moves.

1) If the father (or a genderless parent breeding with a Ditto) knows

a TM that the baby can use, then the baby will be born with that move.

2) If the mother and the father know a move the baby can learn by

normal leveling-up, the baby will be born with the move.

3) If the father knows one of the baby's Egg moves, the baby will be

born with that move. Egg moves are the secret to getting a wide variety

of moves onto a Pokemon that would not have the move otherwise. As an

example, Zangoose can obliterate opponents using the Endure/Flail combo.

Flail is an egg move passed on from Dunsparce that Zangoose couldn't

otherwise learn.

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/921905/40538

Because ditto "clones" itself to be exactly the same, it knows the same moves.

You then end up with a mother and father (one being the Ditto) who both know the same moves.

This follows the mother and father rule... and is passed onto the newborn Pokemon.

Seems to make sense. Perfectly legit.

Oh! Well that makes sense :yes:

Thanks for the info! I was beginning to worry, lol.

Once again, thank you Kondrath! I got mine and I can't wait until it hatches. :p

lol, yup.

I've got like 20 more Cyndaquils, and one more egg. I'm done for now... So if anybody else wants a cyndaquil, lemme know.

Edit: Does anybody know if there's a GTS in Kanto? I could have sworn I saw one in Saffron city. Maybe I was dreaming...

lol, yup.

I've got like 20 more Cyndaquils, and one more egg. I'm done for now... So if anybody else wants a cyndaquil, lemme know.

Edit: Does anybody know if there's a GTS in Kanto? I could have sworn I saw one in Saffron city. Maybe I was dreaming...

I want one!! lol

I want one!! lol

Haha, sure thing. PM me your friend code and we can trade later. Apparently nobody wants cyndaquils on the GTS. I have over half a Box filled with Cyndaquils -__-

Free Cyndaquils for everyone!

I also just got a Charmander from Prof. Oak, so maybe I can breed that too if somebody wants one. I got a squirtle from my friend, but I think it was hacked. Summary says it was met at level 5 in the safari zone... :blink: But I can still breed that too, if someone wouldn't mind having a baby squirtle from a hacked parent, lol.

Does anyone know where to level up? I was hoping that the cave in cerulean city would be filled with "horribly powerful pokemon", but so far it's just 39-45... It's going to take forever to reach 100.

Haha, sure thing. PM me your friend code and we can trade later. Apparently nobody wants cyndaquils on the GTS. I have over half a Box filled with Cyndaquils -__-

Free Cyndaquils for everyone!

I also just got a Charmander from Prof. Oak, so maybe I can breed that too if somebody wants one. I got a squirtle from my friend, but I think it was hacked. Summary says it was met at level 5 in the safari zone... :blink: But I can still breed that too, if someone wouldn't mind having a baby squirtle from a hacked parent, lol.

Does anyone know where to level up? I was hoping that the cave in cerulean city would be filled with "horribly powerful pokemon", but so far it's just 39-45... It's going to take forever to reach 100.

This might be strange to hear but how to do i find out my own code?

This might be strange to hear but how to do i find out my own code?

:laugh:

It's okay, for some reason all of my friends have asked me the same question. You have to talk to one of the ladies in the pokemon center. They'll give you something called the Pal Pad. When you open that up, it will show you yours and enable you to enter anyone else's, etc.

:laugh:

It's okay, for some reason all of my friends have asked me the same question. You have to talk to one of the ladies in the pokemon center. They'll give you something called the Pal Pad. When you open that up, it will show you yours and enable you to enter anyone else's, etc.

Now there asking my to use a Usb wifi connector... i didnt think i needed one since the game has a inbuilt wifi connector..

I kinda wish I had have bought a DS :( I so miss Pokemon and it's no where near as good on an emulator as it is on the actual device, nothing beats smashing that A button. Probs get the 3d DS in a years time or whatever and hopefully Pokemon will be in 3D!

Now there asking my to use a Usb wifi connector... i didnt think i needed one since the game has a inbuilt wifi connector..

o_O

You don't need a USB wifi connector... As long as you have wifi in your house and your DS can pick up the signal, you're good. Maybe head over to the GTS in Goldenrod and set up wifi there instead of a pokemon center. It won't work if you have WPA encryption, though. You need WEP in order to use your wireless.

o_O

You don't need a USB wifi connector... As long as you have wifi in your house and your DS can pick up the signal, you're good. Maybe head over to the GTS in Goldenrod and set up wifi there instead of a pokemon center. It won't work if you have WPA encryption, though. You need WEP in order to use your wireless.

Yeah i didnt have a WEP key only WPA one... its my friends router.. so thats how he had the settings >_< i got it fixed thou

Can give you a non hacked one if you want, its never been possible to get a Squirtle in the safari zone.

Ive got multiple hatched eggs of all the starters from generations 1 - 4 on my Diamond, i used to do a lot of trading on Nintendo Wi-fi and the starters usually got me what i wanted, Eevee's used to do quite well too :)

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but if you take the TRU Arceus to the Ruins of Alph [with nobody else in your party] and go to the Research Lab you'll trigger an event that'll net you a 'newborn' version of one of the D/P/Pt legendaries. I also have 2 or 3 of these Arceus up for grabs, so let me know if you want/need one.

I wouldn't mind one

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but if you take the TRU Arceus to the Ruins of Alph [with nobody else in your party] and go to the Research Lab you'll trigger an event that'll net you a 'newborn' version of one of the D/P/Pt legendaries. I also have 2 or 3 of these Arceus up for grabs, so let me know if you want/need one.

Welp, that's all of 'em. +FusionOpz got the last one!

I must say just like platinum too :D