Apple uses bad suppliers

Apple has released a report in which it reveals that in the last year it used three suppliers that had hired underage workers, while others are underpaying staff on a regular basis.

The Apple Supplier Responsibility Report makes for slightly uncomfortable reading. Not only have Apple's suppliers had eleven underage workers on their books, but others were improperly disposing of waste and chucking workers' rights in the bin.

"Apple is committed to ensuring the highest standards of social responsibility wherever our products are made. We insist that our suppliers provide safe working conditions, treat workers with dignity and respect, and use environmentally responsible manufacturing processes," begins the report before detailing a catalogue of horrors.

Read full article on TheInquirer.

To be honest its not like they can use other supplies. Foxconn has done a lot of bad stuff and everyone uses them. EVGA, NVIDIA, Microsoft etc

Some of these production companies are just to big and there does not exist a company that can fill the high volumes of these companies on this list.

The document outlines Apples approach to auditing and it looks good to me. Audit every factory & dormitory regardless of past performance or location, interview employees and management.

always thought some of those factory shots of apple products being assembled had girls working in them that looked way to young.... looked like teens more then work force aged people...

It's good on Apple to be looking to take a stand on this. Most companies use these same suppliers without thinking twice about what goes on in those shops.

Most companies use these same suppliers without thinking twice about what goes on in those shops.

The title of this thread was very misleading. Apple was the only one who spoke out about it while PC companies who use the same suppliers didn't say a word. Well, another not very surprising revelation from China I guess.

The title of this thread was very misleading. Apple was the only one who spoke out about it while PC companies who use the same suppliers didn't say a word. Well, another not very surprising revelation from China I guess.

yet they still use the same suppliers..that is what we call hypocrisy!

But, I do still think the title is wrong. It is not just apple using these supplier. The title wrongfully implies Apple is the only company working with these suppliers.

I can pretty much guarantee Foxconn is the worst of the companies involved. Even having to deal with them as a business is excrutiating. They must be by far the cheapest manufacturer around in order to get all the contracts they do because there is no other reason to use them. It sickens me that Apple charges so much for their computers using Foxconn boards.

Good point. Placing Apple in the title pulls in more viewers. All the trolls need come throw their 2 cents of hate in about Apple.

I can pretty much guarantee Foxconn is the worst of the companies involved. Even having to deal with them as a business is excrutiating. They must be by far the cheapest manufacturer around in order to get all the contracts they do because there is no other reason to use them. It sickens me that Apple charges so much for their computers using Foxconn boards.

I had always thought they used ASUStek.

It's good on Apple to be looking to take a stand on this. Most companies use these same suppliers without thinking twice about what goes on in those shops.

I imagine if the truth was known almost every company that buys from China would find this going on.