HBO's Game of Thrones

I've yet to watch this, and I'm not into "gnomes, vikings and such nonsense" but it seems to get good reviews, so I may have to get myself season 1 :)

Gnomes???

Its not a typical fantasy show with trolls and magic like Lord of the Rings, its a more 'realistic' fantasy show.

Indeed.. loving the series.. just bummed there's only one more left in the season. Stuck waiting a few months for this, Walking Dead, etc etc.. I hate summertime TV.

Well you got Falling Skies. It's not awesome but it's god enough for a summer TV show anyway for me it is.

Not really liked season 2 of The Walking Dead. I think the foundation built by Frank Darabont are starting to crumble. Still a good show but not as awesome as the first season was specially the pilot by Frank Darabont which was one of the best TV show episode of all time to me.

As for Game of thrones it's AWESOME. So sad we'll need to wait 2013 for the next 10 episodes ...

Gnomes???

You know what I mean: Kings, orcs, swordplay, wizzards, dwarves, talking horses, dancing elephants and a child who can see the future. I think I may have confused myself there!

You know what I mean: Kings, orcs, swordplay, wizzards, dwarves, talking horses, dancing elephants and a child who can see the future. I think I may have confused myself there!

Yeah, it doesn't have most of that, its a pretty grounded 'fantasy'.

Well there are kings. There are no orcs. There is swordplay. There are wizards in a way, only they're not really wizards. There are dwarves, or more precisely there is A dwarf. There are no talking horses. There are no dancing elephants. There is no child who can see the future (kinda).

But hey, there are dragons! Not your classic huge dragons roaring fire, but dragons none the less.

Game of thrones was phenomenal tonight so good i might have to watch it again!

Absolutely epic easily the best episode out of both seasons so far!

Wow! The most recent episode is quite intense. It's hard to believe that there's only one episode left. I haven't been keeping track of the episode numbers so I thought this one was the season finale

Wow! The most recent episode is quite intense. It's hard to believe that there's only one episode left. I haven't been keeping track of the episode numbers so I thought this one was the season finale

Yea... this wasn't the season finale. It's got me wondering how the hell they're going

to top it next week. I mean, really... how the hell do you top THAT??

kings are fantasy? And if you don't want to watch the show why even post in a GOT tv show forum? It is a good show. Even people that do not like fantasy like the show.

There are no dancing elephants. There is no child who can see the future (kinda).

But hey, there are dragons! Not your classic huge dragons roaring fire, but dragons none the less.

They do breath fire and they will grow. And there is a kid that can see the future.

Yea... this wasn't the season finale. It's got me wondering how the hell they're going

to top it next week. I mean, really... how the hell do you top THAT??

well to recap, Stannis no glory victory for you bro, the walls got taken over by the Lannister army, Sr is present.

My guess could be - the assassin kills someone important in the Lannister family , something happens to the dwarf (mystical/fringe of death), the DOG betrayed the king! frack the king he says... or who knows? :D

They do breath fire and they will grow. And there is a kid that can see the future.

I know, that's why I said "kinda". I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. This is HBO's Game of Thrones so anything that hasn't been clearly stated in the show shouldn't really be brought into discussion.

Tolkien set a standard for fantasy with his books. There are lots of other fantasy books before and after him, but people not into the genre often see Tolkien's fantasy as norm.

If you seen the movie Excalibur about the King Arthur mythos, it's more like that than Lord of the Rings. The story is more rooted in what could have been real history, but with magical overtones and mysticism.

Oh man, it's annoying to think that it's coming to an end again. The release of Season 2 made me go and buy the blu-rays of Season 1 (which I had watched when it first aired), and this has very quickly become one of my favourite series to watch. Sadly I'm always a couple of weeks out of the loop, so I haven't seen yesterday's episode yet. Actually, that's a good thing for me. That means I have more Game of Thrones to watch!

If you're like me then you were thoroughly pleased with Game of Thrones' depiction of The Battle of Blackwater. I thought the depiction of wildfire was spot-on and the addition of some new scenes more than made up for those that were not included from the novel. Now we have the news that the season finale of HBO's hit medieval drama, which has become the #1 rating series on television, will receive 10 extra minutes to sort through the aftermath of the battle and setup plot points for Season Three. Adjust your DVRs accordingly.

:woot:

kings are fantasy?

Yup, entirely made up!

And if you don't want to watch the show why even post in a GOT tv show forum?

Either:

1) I'm a troll

2) I asked whether it was worth watching

Hahaha, I knew it ;)

Anyhow, enough of my nonsense. I shall return once I have watched some :)

Wondering how many of you have read the actual series? I read the entire series after watching Season 1. The books are far better, but they've done an amazing job translating it to onscreen.

I have all the books but so far have only read book one, I started a clash of kings the other day, I'm trying to avoid spoilers in the books as I want to see it on the screen then I read the book.

I have all the books but so far have only read book one, I started a clash of kings the other day, I'm trying to avoid spoilers in the books as I want to see it on the screen then I read the book.

You should read the books anyway mate. It won't spoil anything at all. Infact I look forward to seeing how they've portrayed a certain arc in the show. Things like the

Red Wedding

or the arc with Arya.

EW has a list of new characters who will be introduced in the third season to add to the already hefty line-up from the first two seasons. The list only contains some brief descriptions, so for those who haven?t read the books, this will only scratch the surface. Here?s the list:

Mance Rayder: We?ve heard about him all season. A former member of the Night?s Watch who became the ?King Beyond the Wall,? the leader of the Wildlings.

Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior.

Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.

Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.

Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn Stark?s uncle.

Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon?s wife.

Shireen: Stannis? daughter.

Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell?s sharp-witted grandmother.

Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.

Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.

Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.