HBO's Game of Thrones

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Epic.

And is it just me, or does it look more 'cinematic' this time? Guess they're putting the bigger budget and limited episode count to good use.

On 5/24/2017 at 9:40 PM, Syanide said:

Epic.

And is it just me, or does it look more 'cinematic' this time? Guess they're putting the bigger budget and limited episode count to good use.

It's a nice trailer. I'll give it that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are some the guesses of what will happen in Season 7 coming directly from what was shown in the trailers:

• Daenerys will take over Dragonstone
  • The Lannister army will clash with Daenerys’ Dothraki and Unsullied

• The Unsullied will attack Casterly Rock

• Euron and Cersei may team up!

• Jon Snow will once again face the White Walkers

• Bran and Meera make it south of the Wall

• Brienne and Podrick return to Winterfell

• Benioff and Weiss promise exciting reunions and first meetings between characters
    Details in the link.

Apart from these, what else do you believe could happen? I'm thinking that Sansa is going to be the next Stark to die. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Damo R. said:

That was a good premiere! (even though seeing Ed Sheeran was random)

Yea, like the ending.  Clarke had only 2 words the whole show but was all that was needed.  She was on screen a lot tho.

17 minutes ago, Damo R. said:

That was a good premiere! (even though seeing Ed Sheeran was random)

Spoiler

So the only part I did not enjoy, and it is rather random, but the scene where the girl was wearing a mask of someone else and poisoned everyone. I understand the time-frame is medieval, and there are dragons and magic, but I just thought that was lazy writing. Masks of that quality and perfection to me would've been a recent invention.

16 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Yea, like the ending.  Clarke had only 2 words the whole show but was all that was needed.  She was on screen a lot tho.

Yeah plus the Whites now have Giants!

9 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

Hide contents

So the only part I did not enjoy, and it is rather random, but the scene where the girl was wearing a mask of someone else and poisoned everyone. I understand the time-frame is medieval, and there are dragons and magic, but I just thought that was lazy writing. Masks of that quality and perfection to me would've been a recent invention.

Yea, but then again, white walkers are made up and dragons are not real.   Just ads to the fantasy theme/genre.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Circaflex said:

Hide contents

Wait, are you serious? Did you watch season 5/6?

It's not a mask, it's literally a face she puts on. The process was never really explained, but I always assumed the whole thing is borderline magic.

Anyway, happy with the episode. My boy Sandor getting some of that redemption arc, and the best one-liners  ^_^

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Circaflex said:

Hide contents

Girl....mask.....just leave now :p

You should go back and watch the last few seasons and it should set the context. :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Syanide said:

Wait, are you serious? Did you watch season 5/6?

Reveal hidden contents

It's not a mask, it's literally a face she puts on. The process was never really explained, but I always assumed the whole thing is borderline magic.

Anyway, happy with the episode. My boy Sandor getting some of that redemption arc, and the best one-liners  ^_^

7 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

Girl....mask.....just leave now :p

You should go back and watch the last few seasons and it should set the context. :)

hahahha, I know, I know, I haven't seen those seasons and really should watch them. Ill crawl back into my hole now :cry:

Interesting thing spotted by some viewers -

I loved the premiere, well done.  For me this is one series that has improved with each season (a few back steps), but overall a great show.

• Like 2

Anyone notice as well that

Spoiler

In the book that Samwell is reading, it mentions that Dragonstone cures Greyscale?

17 minutes ago, Raze said:

Interesting thing spotted by some viewers -

I loved the premiere, well done.  For me this is one series that has improved with each season (a few back steps), but overall a great show.

Huh. Didn't notice that. 

Thought the first episode was great...especially the Ayra parts and Sam's montage.

Cersei just needs to die already.