Which version are you getting?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Which version are you getting?

• PS3
    • Xbox 360

Anyone order from HMV? They're shipping copies today, you should get it early on monday :)

I hope ShopTo are shiping today :D

Hey guys will I like this game? I've never played a FF game ever. But I always hear good things about it. Although I can also say I am not an RPG fan, but probably the only RPG I enjoyed was Pokemon on the Gameboy. LOL.

I hope ShopTo are shiping today :D

I doubt shopto will despatch till Monday. I think Tuesday releases always mess around with getting the game early.

I'm hoping they despatch tomorrow and then hopefully it will arrive on Saturday.

I paid the extra £1.99 so even if the do ship on Monday I should get it by Tuesday. But don't ShopTo gurentee delivery? If they do not deliver you get £5 credit?

Edit: Its £3

<<snip>>

Look storedate broken somewhere in the world you can now all talk about your downloaded/pirated copies!!!1111

Oh wait you can do that anyway, Neowin, where leaked games discuss better :rofl:

In other news, it is 576p on the 360, those weren't just dodgy pictures earlier.

Just the hair that still looks off

<<snip>>

<<snip>>

Anyone order from HMV? They're shipping copies today, you should get it early on monday :)

PS3 pics

<<snip>>

<<snip>>

the 360 looks like it needs AA in a bad way...

I paid the extra ?1.99 so even if the do ship on Monday I should get it by Tuesday. But don't ShopTo gurentee delivery? If they do not deliver you get ?5 credit?

Edit: Its ?3

Oh yeah, you'll have the game for Tuesday. It's just because of it being a Tuesday release it probably won't arrive till then. Personally i would have stuck with the royal mail delivery option because if they do happen to despatch tomorrow Royal Mail do deliveries on a Saturday, so you should get it then, i don't know UKmail will deliver it on a Saturday.

the 360 looks like it needs AA in a bad way...

In-game cutscenes are 576p as well, really poor effort on Squares part, unless it's down to the DVDs

dbc0aa985d1808ce7efde43d34a9a21fffmovie.jpg

The more screenshots i see comparing the two versions the more i am happy i got a ps3, even though i got it for duke nukem forever (or was that game called gran turismo? hard to remember....)

anyone getting the CE? I'm in two minds about it.

Yeah, i'm getting the CE. I don't think it is entirely worth the extra cash but i'm a mug for special editions. Perhaps if you can get it for a similar price as the standard version then go for it.

I'm glad the videos show them looking pretty much identical.

Wait for Digital Foundry analysis, should be fun...

Anyway

GamesRadar gives FFXIII a 10/10

You'll love

Focused, streamlined action; no BS filler

Prettiest console graphics OF ALL TIME

Lots to explore on Pulse

You'll hate

Summons are kind of weak

Lightning is a boring character

First half may be too linear for some

Source: http://www.gamesrada...508175846527007

**** you guys be getting it early.

TheHut better get it to me by Tuesday :p Not shipped yet.

Well it actually states "processing", been charged but not shipped.

If it comes Saturday I'll a bit ****ed off, have to work a few hours :( No-one will be home to receive it, and will probably have to wait till Tuesday to pick it up at the post office :-/

Prettiest console graphics OF ALL TIME

yup, I'm amazed :woot: , and I'm on the "inferior" Xbox 360 version ....

Digital Foundry comparison should be up around 12 GMT time tonight for all the PS3 only and 360 only owners to fight over!

In-game cutscenes are 576p as well, really poor effort on Squares part, unless it's down to the DVDs

I like how they said the two versions would be identical when one of them's not even in HD.

Apparently Tesco are going to be doing a special on this... might end up ?25 again or something laugh.gif

Website Ve3tro.com has reported the NXE hard disk install sizes for each of the three game discs that make up the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII.

According to the site - which has posted screenshots as proof - disc one weighs in at 5.9GB, while the second and third discs install at 5.8GB and 6.6GB respectively. This combined 18.3GB compares with a total of 39.4GB for the Japanese PS3 version, making the 360 game less than half the size of the PlayStation 3 release.

There are a few interesting facts to derive from this news. Owing to copy protection measures, the maximum potential size of an Xbox 360 game is 6.8GB, meaning that across the whole three discs Square-Enix actually had 2.1GB of potential space that remains unused, so we would hope that any omissions from the Xbox 360 version of the game would be minimal, if not non-existent.

The reduced size of FFXIII can easily be explained by more aggressive compression in the game's large array of CGI cut-scenes. Of the total 39.4GB that makes up the Japanese FFXIII on PS3, a quick look at the file structure on the Blu-ray disc suggests that a whopping 32.6GB of it is dedicated entirely to the video sequences, leaving just 6.8GB for the actual gameplay.

More at Eurogamer

Very interesting reading, so at the end textures, sounds etc on both consoles use the same space? or may be less on the PS3? :s

Anyone know if there is going to be a Midnight release at Gamestop in the USA

More at Eurogamer

Very interesting reading, so at the end textures, sounds etc on both consoles use the same space? or may be less on the PS3? :s

PS3 doesn't need to duplicate any data over the discs, I've got a feeling the 360 may have to if you can revisit areas.

Digital Foundry comparison is up in 3 hours anyway.