Sherlock (UK BBC Series)

I'm thoroughly enjoying the new series. I'm more interested in the interaction between the characters than the solving of mysteries.

The whole point of it being Sherlock is for the mysteries though. Why else make it Sherlock, he was a detective after all :p

I enjoyed the first season

I enjoyed much of the second season

So far the third season seems to be Moffat/Gatiss by the numbers...

Yep. The best way to describe it so far is self-indulgent.

The best way to describe it so far is self-indulgent. 

Exactly.  If you wanted to (nicely) parody him, it would be easy.  I know where the characters, story, heck even the soundtrack is going.  Oooh look some BBC news, a reference to a famous person, some hashtags to emphasise that it's set in "our" world...

Nice start, then it started getting side tracked and brought about a rather anti-climactic ending, only to add the twist that I've been hoping for. This season was definitely a let down compared to the first two. Hopefully the planning that the writers did for the arc in both series four and five are better and more focused on the case.

Did you miss me?

The season was pretty meh overall.  I got lost more than a couple times this episode.  For example.. how did Sherlock ruin the girls engagement?  Looking forward to next, hoping it picks up.  For now.. I guess I have elementary.. which sadly has been pretty blah so far.

My first thought is the obvious:

That he is not actually alive but he had an agreement of some sort with someone to continue the execution of some of his criminal plans if he was to die, in a way that would make Sherlock believe that he is still alive.

If they come up with a way to revive Moriarty like "he didn't actually shoot himself" or the usual "it wasn't him" crap) i think its just lame.

• Like 1

My first thought is the obvious:

That he is not actually alive but he had an agreement of some sort with someone to continue the execution of some of his criminal plans if he was to die, in a way that would make Sherlock believe that he is still alive.

If they come up with a way to revive Moriarty like "he didn't actually shoot himself" or the usual "it wasn't him" crap) i think its just lame.

Moriarty shot himself with his gun. The same way Sherlock orchestrated his death (which isn't even a done deal since it's never 100% confirmed), Moriarty could have a backup plan. Or worse, Mycroft playing both sides of the game.

?Sherlock? makers sticking to abbreviated seasons

PASADENA, Calif. ? The makers of TV?s ?Sherlock? say even a lobbying effort by British Prime Minister David Cameron wouldn?t persuade them to produce more episodes each season.

But ?Sherlock? co-creator Steven Moffat and producer Sue Vertue tweaked Cameron anyway for lack of effort. It?s been more than a month, they noted, since he visited China and was asked by fans there to press for more of the popular mystery series.

He and Cumberbatch, who said he appreciated the fervor of fans, agreed they are committed to keeping ?Sherlock? going indefinitely.

___

Sauce:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/sherlock-makers-sticking-to-abbreviated-seasons/2014/01/22/aca59bb6-8366-11e3-a273-6ffd9cf9f4ba_story.html