Sherlock (UK BBC Series)

• 4 weeks later...
Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman have begun shooting the second run of Sherlock.

The titles for the next three episodes of the BBC One drama have also been confirmed by co-creator Steven Moffat as 'A Scandal In Belgravia', 'The Hound of Baskervilles' and 'The Reichenbach Fall'. Fellow writer Mark Gatiss previously revealed these details at the Kapow convention in London.

Filming has started on location in Cardiff and London for the fourth, fifth and sixth instalments in the Arthur Conan Doyle reboot.

Moffat penned the twisted love story ('Scandal'), Gatiss wrote the classic horror ('Baskervilles'), while Stephen Thompson is writing the finale ('Fall').

Ben Stephenson, Controller of BBC Drama Commissioning, said: "The hotly-anticipated return of BBC One's hit series Sherlock begins filming this week with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman on fine form."

Paul McGuigan (Monroe) returns to direct the series alongside Toby Haynes (Being Human), while Sue Vertue (Coupling) and Elaine Cameron (Jekyll) will be on producer duties.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s129/sherlock/news/a319800/sherlock-to-revisit-hound-of-baskervilles.html

Ooooh, looking forward to see how they do 'The Hound of Baskervilles'.

They're only shooting now? I though Martin Freeman was off doing The Hobbit movies now, and considering he's playing Bilbo I would have figured he would be pretty busy.

Anyways glad to see they are doing a 2nd series.

They're only shooting now? I though Martin Freeman was off doing The Hobbit movies now, and considering he's playing Bilbo I would have figured he would be pretty busy.

Anyways glad to see they are doing a 2nd series.

this is the problem film it now or not film it at all...I believe he was allowed to take time out to film this.

• 1 month later...

548774953.jpg

The UK?sDigital Spy is reporting that Russell Tovey, who stars in the UK version of BEING HUMAN, will be joining Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman in the second episode of the second season of DOCTOR WHO scribe Steven Moffat?s SHERLOCK, titled ?The Hounds of Baskerville?.

Tovey, who confirmed this news via his Twitter account, will play Henry, Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch) and Watson (Martin Freeman) after suffering from a traumatic childhood experience.

A bit more from Digital Spy:

It was previously announced that the new series of Sherlock will be comprised of Steven Moffat?s ?A Scandal In Belgravia?, ?The Hounds of Baskerville? and Steve Thompson?s ?The Reichenbach Fall?.

Back in April, Mark Gatiss explained the decision to adapt ?the three most famous? Sherlock Holmes tales.

http://veryaware.com/2011/06/russell-tovey-joins-sherlock-for-season-two/

• 3 months later...

The first season was freakin' awesome. I was ****ed there were only three

episodes.... being in America, I was out of the loop so I was frantically

searching for the rest. lol

• 2 months later...

That was simply a brilliant episode! I was on the edge of my seat watching it :woot: !

Scirwode

Damn missed it, doesn't look like its shown again either on BBC HD (the next episode is on the 8th which looks like episode 2 :()

I was really looking forward to this because the first season was so good. Unfortunately I thought it was a huge let down.

This episode suffered from all the problems that make Dr Who unwatchable. The storyline was largely incoherent, the plot had massive holes in it, simple work-arounds were found for insurmountable problems and manic busyiness is the only device used to drive the story on. I don't know how Steven Moffat ever got his job at the BBC but I often wish my license fee wasn't wasted on him.

Here's a tip Steven - artificial excitement is no substitute for an intelligent, engaging plot and strong character development. Unfortunately you're writing lacks all of the above.

• Like 1

An absolute blinding episode, kept me on the edge throughout with Sherlock/Irene outwitting each other constantly and Lara Pulver acted much better in this than in "Spooks" (Y)

Really looking forward to watching the modern version of "The Hounds of Baskerville" now :yes:

he storyline was largely incoherent, the plot had massive holes in it, simple work-arounds were found for insurmountable problems and manic busyiness is the only device used to drive the story on. I don't know how Steven Moffat ever got his job at the BBC but I often wish my license fee wasn't wasted on him.

At what point did you find the storyline incoherent? Most people here seem to have followed it quite easily?