Gundam Discussion Thread

Mobile Fighter G Gundam is an anime which we shouldn't talk about in this thread, haha. I like Turn A Gundam because Syd Mead designed the Gundam. I also like his art a lot. AGE-1 looks al right though AGE-2 looks loads better. AGE-3 is just a ripoff from both Zeta Gundam and ZZ Gundam. I can't believe they had to copy previous Gundam for Gundam AGE. They should've come up with something new if you ask me.

11475-5.jpg

Source: HG 1/144 Gundam AGE-3 Normal - Custom Build

This is something I'd rather see:

144gearadogarezin18.jpg

Source:HGUC 1/144 AMS-119 Geara Doga Rezin Schnyder Custom - Custom Build

Pretty cool how he's showing off the original and his custom build. He did an awesome job, that's for sure! Builds like these makes me want to get into custom painting jobs/builds as well, haha. Looks like so much fun to do.

lol okay now besides the looks of the gundams. The characters and the characteristics in the people of the Gundam. I mean, as far as being NewTypes, Coordinators, and Innovators. Crazy right?

Also, Zakus and Goufs, Doms, and the rest along with other fat mobile suits like the Tieren Taozi annoyed me. I can't understand how the mobility works with them, it's crazy!

Zaku's are pretty cool though I'd rather see a Hizack. Same goes for the Rick Dom, I'd much rather see a Rick Dias as it looks so much better. Besides, the latter 2 have a linear seat so it's much more controllable. The Rick Dias even has a panoramic cockpit which is even a bigger plus.

All of those types of human (next step in the evolution of human they say) are almost all the same as Newtypes. The only one difference is that Coordinators can use their "abilities" when they're raging or reaching a high level of emotion. Innovators are able to use quantum brainwaves. Which is something similar to what Newtypes can do; hearing peoples voices while being away from them.

New Types are cooler though IMO as they kept it all a mystery about what a Newtype really can do and whatnot.

Okay, the Rick Dias, I admit I love those. The AEUG had some bad ass people on the team.

To be honest, I believe the normal humans in Seed were just idiots for hating on Coordinators. Jealousy only brings you so down. Innovators are the showboats of NewTypes.

NewTypes like kamille and Judau have always fascinated me, although that I never really seen such hard work with algorithms on the Gundam like Amuro. I think the Bright Slaps gets you so far!

It's been said that Kamille was the most powerful Newtype around. Around the time when he started out he was as powerful as Amuro and Char. The "hate" you talk about only happened in SEED. The people on earth where able to prevent hate towards innovators in Gundam 00 by sending all the Innovators on the Sumeragie into space for exploration. They did talk about what would happen if Innovators lived amongst normal humans and normal humans knew about someone being a Innovator in Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer.

In UC they didn't hate on Newtypes because no one exactly new what a Newtype was. Normal people hadn't even heard about it. Though the government did know about it and didn't trust Newtypes so therefore placed Amuro (the only known Newtype at the time) under house arrest. The servants where part of the government agents keeping an eye on him. And due to war fatigue and his loss of Lalah he never thought of escaping.

Kamille, after he won the battle, it seemed Scirocco became "It" the clown right before he died and took away Kamille's abilities, I thought he was like that forever. I'm not exactly sure what he took. Also, I still couldn't understand the relationship of Amuro and Lalah as it only seemed like they've known each other for only days. Char, I was expecting him to be alive and reappear in ZZ, although that plan never happened as I've read on Wikipedia.

I wish I was a NewType, Coordinator, or a Innovator, all this work I've been doing is out the ass. If I become really rich, one day, I wanna create real life prototype Gundams! :D

Wait, you mean the coordinator or innovator scenario transcended from Seed to 00!?

^Naah, both series have nothing to do with each other and are in different universes. If any, both transcended from the original series since they're all based off of Newtypes. I've rephrased my previous reply a bit because I did make it seem like both series where linked with each other :p

It would've been awesome if ZZ Gundam had Char as the protagonist. Though yeah, "Char's Counterattack" got green-lit so they didn't take that directions for the series.

Amuro's connection with Lalah was through something similar as "Quantum Brainwaves". They touched each others thoughts and could hear each other. They shared each others feelings and left a huge impression in each others hearts. Therefore, Lalah's death had a huge impact on Amuro. You must remember that Amuro was still young at the time.

It would be awesome to be like any of those, haha :p

lol whoops. :)

Yea, I was wondering about the movie, they look more grown up than usual and I wouldn't be sure when and how they'd be fighting.

That's true! Honestly, this reminds me Tumblr, it only takes 1 reblog and "OMG I love you! We can so relate! Don't die on me!". If that makes sense. lmao Amuro needed Bright as a father figure, only because Bright Slaps have actually worked! I can't believe "Bright Slap" is actually a popular term. :p

lol if the military had Gundams, that'd be the only reason why I'd join! Nobody could touch me. :D

^That's because the film is set in UC 0093 and ZZ Gundam in 0087 UC :p

Well, it makes sense to some extent, haha. Though Newtypes sense things differently than normal humans so things went differently for Amuro and Lalah. They felt different things and whatnot. And yeah, Bright did slap a lot, haha.

Lol, it would be awesome if Gundam existed though I wouldn't want them to step on my house while fighting, haha. It happens a lot when they're fighting in civilian areas and in Colonies :p

That makes sense, but just because he's missing in ZZ, the movie would definitely be a questionably factor in the Timeline. x3

lol just the way Char looks in Zeta makes me want to own that style, sleeveless, the shades, just bring back the 80s! :D

lmao it sucks we won't live to step on a real colony or the other planet that's similar to earth. :p

God, I think I want to draw Gundams again. I remember doing that a lot when I was little, just because of G Gundam, I was so dying to watch the whole season that I recorded over a VHS. :p

^That's because the film is set in UC 0093 and ZZ Gundam in 0087 UC :p

Well, it makes sense to some extent, haha. Though Newtypes sense things differently than normal humans so things went differently for Amuro and Lalah. They felt different things and whatnot. And yeah, Bright did slap a lot, haha.

Lol, it would be awesome if Gundam existed though I wouldn't want them to step on my house while fighting, haha. It happens a lot when they're fighting in civilian areas and in Colonies :p

Also, this custom painted Zaku looks awesome!

21.jpg

Source: MG 1/100 MS-06S Char's Zaku II 2.0 - Painted Build

Setsuna is probably the best pilot out of all the Gundam series. I know he isn't the only one, but he's probably one who wants to fight the most out of all of the lead pilots. I mean hell. 00 Qan[T] is OP. IMO it can take out any other Gundams in the other universes. GN Drives ftw. So far , I actually don't find the Unicorn Gundam to be that impressive. Like it really hasn't done anything awesome in fights. Say for an example, The Exia has it's amazing speed and manuverbility (oh and remember the BIG ASS GN BLADE? ) The Strike Freedom with it's Dragoon system. What does the Unicorn have? A part from shooting the OP inaccurate beam magnum, I can't recall it doing anything else.

Setsuna is my all time favorite character along with the other 3..well 4, if you count Lock On's brother. When I started watching the first episode, I was blown away to be honest. I really fell in love with Lock On's Gundam because he's a Sniper, AND I'M A SNIPER. The Unicorn is just a Lego Gundam to me. I haven't even bothered to watch that season yet.

Freedom, effing sexy, but nothing compares to 00 Raiser when it comes to power, as soon as I saw it disappear into tiny little GN particles, I sh***** myself. I wanna become an innovator so bad!!!

00 Raiser is nothing compared to 00 Qan[T]. :p. And well The Unicorn isn't lego. It's the best transformable design in the Gundam Universe. It's the only MS that can transform from MS to Gundam. Well ok, I take it back. Reborns Gundam/Reborns Cannon is the same. But Unicorn doesn't need to turn around. It just straight up front transforms. No vehicle mode, no 3 parts in one. Just a Unicorn, the ones you cannot catch. lol.

lol I suppose you mean the 00 in the movie. I just love it when 00 has wings!!!! :D

I'll figure out Unicorn, heck I've been looking for a map that contains all the Gundams from their normal to full upgrade. :p

Yeah, the real name for it is 00 Qan[T]. lol. It had Wings? I haven't seen the movie in a while, but what wings? Do you mean the GN particles emmitting like it has wings? Cause the only actually 'WING' with Gundam would be Wing Zero Custom Endless Waltz Version.

No, no, I mean when 00 turns into Raiser. Similar to Freedom how they look very angel + demon like.

@Razorwing: Saying that Gundam Unicorn has nothing compared to 00 QAN[T] is somewhat wrong if you ask me. You do know that it's set in UC right? The story got written years ago so comparuing suits out of both Universes is somewhat wrong. Anno Domini in Gundam 00 is just more advanced.

If you'd put both universes into 1, then you'd first have Universal Century which ended and then turned into Anno Domini (Just for figure of speech tech. wise). Therefore Anno Domini is way more advanced IMO. You just can't compare both universes.

Also, Gundam Unicorn reacts on the pilot. We haven't seen Gundam Unicorn's full potential at all since they're building it all up for the last 2 episodes. You must also remember that they weren't able to spend as much time on Gundam Unicorn as they could with Gundam Exia and Gundam 00 QAN[T]. Remember where those 2 suits are based off of? That's right, 0 Gundam. What did 0 Gundam have? That's right, exactly the same as the RX-78-2 plus a GN Drive. In Gundam 00 they're years further with technology. Another example is the use of phones in their ships. There's just no way in comparing Universal Century with Anno Domini if you ask me :p

Same goes for comparing Cosmic Era with Universal Century. They're way further into colonisation and are way more advanced. Heck, they've even used nuclear powered mobile suits before they made Freedom Gundam and Justice Gundam. They've never done this in Universal Century.

All this makes Universal Century that much more appealing for me. The rawness of it and just how powerful the suits are.

That last Gunpla looks pretty rad :D

That's exactly what reminded me of the RX-78-2! It was funny how they brought back something in a different timeline. :D

Wait, none of the Gundams in 00 ever reacted on the pilot either, did they? (Not referring to Nadleeh of course. lol Although, I went sick when it was revealed, the hair is sick on the Nadleeh.) :p

What I really wish upon the technology that most of the Gundams carry, is that the elements, the resources ; metal & particles basically were all logical, and they could actually happen. Too bad for "Gundamium Alloy", their explanation on how the metal works compared to the titaniums and other materials we use would be purely bad ass, especially when the Alloy is thick, I couldn't believe that Gundams would even maneuver that fast in reality.

0 Gundam was a nice homage to the original Gundam.

Setsuna's 00 Gundam reacted the same way as Virtue Gundam did to Tieria. Though 00 Gundam's system was different and deed a Twin Drive System in order to use the Trans-Am Burst System. Besides that non of the Gundam reacted to the pilot because non of them where Innovators. Allelujah could use Quantum Brainwaves but his suit wasn't built for it.

The hair no Nadleeh isn't hair, haha :p Those are the cables which attached the Virtue parts onto Nadleeh.

I'm not sure if GN Drives could actually happen, haha. The TD Blanket used in the original GN Drives need to be made in the gaseous upper atmosphere of Jupiter :p

But having the 00 Quantizing itself when it was about to be pierced by a beam saber really amped the show up for me. :D

Considering that Tieria controlled his Gundam through Quantum, i totally think about Cyber NewTypes and the Psycho Gundam!

Honstly, a Gundam with either cables or hair is super sexy, like the "Sailor Moon Gundam" from G Gundam. :p

lol next thing you know, Gundams ran on Linux.

Lol, why Cyber Newtypes? :p They're genetically engineered Newtypes so they have huge "faults". Also, Newtypes control their mobile suits through to the Psyco-frame and the Pyscommu system (often misspelled as Psyco-frame). The latter used brainwaves much like Quantum Brainwaves where used in Gundam 00.

Also, "Quantizing"? :p You mean Trans-Am Burst right?

Now, here's a good looking Marasai:

01.jpg

Source: MG 1/100 RMS-108 Marasai - Painted Build by zgmfxg

And some pages about Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin

1.jpg

Source: Mobile Suit Gundam 'The Origin' - Gundam Ace (July Issue) (Click for more scans)

Can't wait to hear more about the adaptation of Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin. Really looking forward to it.